Over waxed

OP
OP

Joemomma22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP
This is why you don't use a buffer pad to wax.
I use elbow grease (19.95 per quart on Amazon).
What am i supposed to use to apply it? My johnson? I didnt use a machine, just an applicator pad.

An eraser will get off the wax but not the staining of the plastic. As for the wax in the honey comb, spray or with some spray wax and use sombre q tips to clean it off
Ty. I will try this.

Pencil eraser has worked for me - after using it there was no residue or "staining" left.
Good to know. I'll report back on any staining once i have time to actually try this.

Good grief you just slopped that all over...
What can i say. I'm an animal. (i normally use spray wax.)
Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
What am i supposed to use to apply it? My johnson? I didnt use a machine, just an applicator pad.
I thought you meant you were using a pad with a machine.
Maybe tape the plastics next time you wax? Only takes 5 minutes to do so but will save you tons of time to come back and correct it.

OP
OP

Joemomma22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP
I thought you meant you were using a pad with a machine.
Maybe tape the plastics next time you wax? Only takes 5 minutes to do so but will save you tons of time to come back and correct it.
I assumed that's what you thought lmao, thus my answer. Especially for you ;) but yes next time I will definitely be taping. Or using spray wax that never seems to do that lol

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
I've never taped off trim when applying wax or sealant. No idea how it's possible to make that much of a mess by hand.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Waxing your own car isn't for everyone I guess! LOL

A toothbrush and dish soap will help get it off the plastic trim. You just have to do sooooo much. HaHa.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Joemomma22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP
I've never taped off trim when applying wax or sealant. No idea how it's possible to make that much of a mess by hand.
think i was just using too much honestly. it was also dark out and i was under a flood light.... probably not the best idea.......:headbonk:

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
Simoniz makes wax remover erasers. They work amazing. I know simoniz is laughable but these things really work. They only cost a few bucks too.
0392790-simoniz-wax-residue-remover.jpg

Sponsored

Jim Bronson

Red One
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Coupe Six Speed
A good detail brush set and q-tips...like magic man!
Ditto, I use an old tooth brush and q-tips for the engine air intake. I use peanut butter on any other surfaces like lower door areas that always get kicked no matter how careful we are. I also use it on any plastic areas that didn't get masked well enough before waxing.

SR56

Threads
Reaction score
Website
seanrooney.realtor
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
OP
OP

Joemomma22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP
Just to give everyone an update, with some patience, elbow grease, tooth picks, and a pink eraser i was able to recover the very difficult areas. one thing some local old man recommended to me was to try a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. That thing worked wonders. i used the pink eraser to get into the corners with the angled part of it that the mr. clean couldnt contact properly. it worked very well.

Jim Bronson

Red One
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Coupe Six Speed
Looks great. Magic Eraser works well on a lot of stuff. I always keep a box of it on hand.

OP
OP

Joemomma22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP
Looks great. Magic Eraser works well on a lot of stuff. I always keep a box of it on hand.
Same here. I have a tub full of them (closer to empty now) in the basement. Just totally didn't think about. Very soft too so scrubbing the trim doesn't leave micro scratches on the paint from any overhanging sponge
Sponsored