Sponsored

GT w/PP2 vs ecoboost in half throttle race

slag1911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
Phew. I almost thought we were gonna miss a week with this dumbass dead joke. Thank god we didn't!

We just had like three on the front page. I see Slag deleted his. EB vs the world part throttle is still on front page. The original joke is still around here somewhere.
WUT? I have never started a "part throttle" thread... let alone deleted one. I do admit I find these threads pretty amusing though.
Sponsored

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Prem M6, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus
WUT? I have never started a "part throttle" thread... let alone deleted one. I do admit I find these threads pretty amusing though.
No you're right, you just love posting in these posts about it over and over -.- lol. It was another member with a DIB GT. It was like "Part-throttle Ecoboost vs GT". Was started literally a day after "EB vs the world part throttle".

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I get why this aggravates you. But instead of just setting the arm chair racer straight in that scat pack thread. EB owners blindly rushed in to defend his nonsense. Compounding an already goofy thread. It was an EB owner that started the original joke. As tired as this joke is. In this thread. Just like in the Scat Pack thread. Responding to it. Just keeps it going. Think about it.

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I get why this aggravates you. But instead of just setting the arm chair racer straight in that scat pack thread. EB owners blindly rushed in to defend his nonsense. Compounding an already goofy thread. It was an EB owner that started the original joke. As tired as this joke is. In this thread. Just like in the Scat Pack thread. Responding to it. Just keeps it going. Think about it.
Not aggravated at all lol. Old jokes of all kinds wear out to the point of being idiotic, and the "cool kids" just keep spouting it to seem cool.

And I have to disagree. These threads (this one goes to show), still continue to pop up when almost all of it died. It's like members run across the joke and go "Aha! I'll make a funny thread about it!". Bringing it up in a thread as a joke is one thing, but starting new threads about it? Come on lol.

There was also plenty of us who thought he was a f***ing idiot for what he posted as well lol

OP
OP
Braski

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Not aggravated at all lol. Old jokes of all kinds wear out to the point of being idiotic, and the "cool kids" just keep spouting it to seem cool.

And I have to disagree. These threads (this one goes to show), still continue to pop up when almost all of it died. It's like members run across the joke and go "Aha! I'll make a funny thread about it!". Bringing it up in a thread as a joke is one thing, but starting new threads about it? Come on lol.

There was also plenty of us who thought he was a f***ing idiot for what he posted as well lol
No reason for name calling. The title states exactly what is in the thread. If you don't like the thread why do you keep looking at it?:shrug:

Sponsored

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No reason for name calling. The title states exactly what is in the thread. If you don't like the thread why do you keep looking at it?:shrug:
Can't help it the guy was a tool.

And I post because every time it gets brought back up it just stirs sh*t up. Go read through the "tuned eb vs scat pack" thread and see how quickly that turned into a sh*t fest.

OP
OP
Braski

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Can't help it the guy was a tool.

And I post because every time it gets brought back up it just stirs sh*t up. Go read through the "tuned eb vs scat pack" thread and see how quickly that turned into a sh*t fest.
So, am I a tool or a f***ing idiot? Now I'm as just as confused about that as I am about weather or not I can take a eco boost in a half throttle race!:doh:

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So, am I a tool or a f***ing idiot? Now I'm as just as confused about that as I am about weather or not I can take a eco boost in a half throttle race!:doh:
Lol neither were for you. I was talking about the guy who posted weeks ago about how his EB had way more torque than a GT. I.e. the guy whom this joke all started over.

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
Truth be told, there is only a small percentage of members on this forum that actually know more than the basics about cars and engines and almost nothing about drag or road course racing. Most of them just regurgitate what they hear from other people who also know very little about cars. Then the rest of the remaining percent are ecoboost owners who know what they know because they "drove a buddy's GT."

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
not to completely derail this thread from its existing purpose into something that is a sling-fest, but how do you like the PP2?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Braski

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
not to completely derail this thread from its existing purpose into something that is a sling-fest, but how do you like the PP2?
I had the original tune for about a week and it sucked. The revised tune is awesome! No issues at all, drives perfect and love the new sound. Not sure if its the tune or the sound tube delete but definetly sounds better. I picked up almost 5 mph in the 1/4 mile. I am really happy I went this route. I just had to drop it off last night at the dealer ship to get a rear wheel bearing replaced under warranty.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
I had the original tune for about a week and it sucked. The revised tune is awesome! No issues at all, drives perfect and love the new sound. Not sure if its the tune or the sound tube delete but definetly sounds better. I picked up almost 5 mph in the 1/4 mile. I am really happy I went this route. I just had to drop it off last night at the dealer ship to get a rear wheel bearing replaced under warranty.
Had my bearing changed out though my dealer could not find the issue so had to do it myself lol, was making a creaking sound yes?

OP
OP
Braski

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Mine was a no brainer, wheel had about a 1/4 inch of slop in it when I jacked it up and grabbed it with both hands and pushed/pulled.It only made noise when I went over a bump at certain speeds, it was like thump dump. Originally I would of bet money it was suspension.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Mine was a no brainer, wheel had about a 1/4 inch of slop in it when I jacked it up and grabbed it with both hands and pushed/pulled.It only made noise when I went over a bump at certain speeds, it was like thump dump. Originally I would of bet money it was suspension.
My wheel moved quite a bit too haha dealer just wanted to blame my tires..........interesting on the bumps I have read about some people having a noise going over bumps like that and of course people expect there is a suspension issue. Thanks for the info.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Truth be told, there is only a small percentage of members on this forum that actually know more than the basics about cars and engines and almost nothing about drag or road course racing. Most of them just regurgitate what they hear from other people who also know very little about cars. Then the rest of the remaining percent are ecoboost owners who know what they know because they "drove a buddy's GT."
Owned a 2011 GT, bought an Ecoboost in 2016, traded it in for a 17 GT. The ecoboost feels stronger in 2nd gear until it starts to run out of steam (right around where the GT is really picking up ~4500rpm). Key word is feels, because its still slower but the way the power comes on with the 5.0 is so linear you don't get the boot in the ass like the turbo motor. I think thats where people got the idea from. You know what they say, perception is reality.
Sponsored