Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.JakeTiesler.com
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP - 2000 Land Cruiser - 2001 Sequoia
Here's the review of my cars and why I drive the Fiesta ST more often than the Mustang GT.

I do love the Mustang GT, I really love the sound, looks, power potential, high revving V8, driving dynamics, leather seats, how comfortable and spacious it is inside, just in the city...going from point A to B for short trips for work, I prefer the smaller car.

If its a slow day, where I can enjoy the Mustang and not rush the car through the gears and actually enjoy the car....Mustang!

Or weekend cruise, road trip, meeting with people or racing haha, MUSTANG!

[ame]
Sponsored

OP
OP
Teezlr

Teezlr

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.JakeTiesler.com
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
Anyone here also own a Fiesta ST, Focus ST or Focus RS? I would like your feedback if you also own both!

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
I couldn't even imagine an ST. The EB with some mods already dominates the 5.0 and can turn. An ST would be crazy to drive.

Sp33dyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 competition orange
i have a first gen mazdaspeed 3. its just about 400 whp/425 tq

lightly bolted GT makes 415 whp. mazda weighs 500 lbs less.

i drive my mazda 75% of the time. also live in LA area. just boosted my mustang so it will probably be 50-50 now :D

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
I'm going to be parting out my 2015 Focus ST for a 5.0 premium pp soon.. we'll most likely not to soon, hopefully around November or December when the 2017's are practically given away. But mine is Full bolt ons and e30. Love the car, it's been great, I just tired of spending money, though admittedly I didn't spend that much on the ST, on cars and still want more. My FRS was supercharged and made 452. But I had quite a bit in it. Same money would've put a 5.0 at 850whp. Guess I'm ready to get rid of the small cars and get a "big boy car" as some of my friends with mustangs say lol

Sponsored

OP
OP
Teezlr

Teezlr

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.JakeTiesler.com
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
I couldn't even imagine an ST. The EB with some mods already dominates the 5.0 and can turn. An ST would be crazy to drive.
I get the idea why the ecoboost does has some advantages over the heavier 5.0, I would like to drive one that has a sorted suspension and some bolt ons... or even a turbo upgrade! That sounds like a good mixture of both power and balance

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
I have a 2015 EBM and a 2017 FiST, they are different animals for sure, I really prefer the EBM though, the Wife far prefers the Smaller footprint and utility of the ST, Our Supra is now the one sitting on the street not getting driven.

The light suspension mods I did on the 'Stang really helped get the feel closer to the ST but the ST's response is nearly telepathic. On high speed Autobahn the Mustang feels more planted, especially at the speeds I get to 150-170mph the ST feels really nervous at 120-130 as there is really no way to overcome that shorter narrower wheelbase and higher center of mass it inherits from its econo car roots.

OP
OP
Teezlr

Teezlr

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.JakeTiesler.com
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
i have a first gen mazdaspeed 3. its just about 400 whp/425 tq

lightly bolted GT makes 415 whp. mazda weighs 500 lbs less.

i drive my mazda 75% of the time. also live in LA area. just boosted my mustang so it will probably be 50-50 now :D
400 wheel hp in that car must feel like a beast!

SWETRID

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 California Special
My last 3 cars have been a 2013 tuned Focus ST, 2016 Mustang GT and now a 2017 RS. I have always been a mustang guy and have owned 11 over the years. That being said I think the ST and RS are more fun on the street within legal limits. Mustang is ultimately faster but RS just handles so damn well and has more room for the kids.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I feel like you might be joking here, but there was a FiST at my last track day and it was seriously quick. This was a small track with 14 turns in 1.4 miles, but I swear that FiST was pulling on my GT350 until it ran into some traffic. I assume it had some mods. :)

Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I know a couple that own both a GT350 and ST, and they don't praise the ST anywhere as much as the GT350.

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I traded a 13 Focus ST for a 15 Ecoboost Mustang Premium with PP.

Both of these cars are/were year around daily drivers. They are both a hoot to drive daily. Stock to stock the Mustang is faster and tuned to tuned the Mustang is still faster. I gave up about 1.5 mpg moving to the Mustang. The Mustang handles shitty roads that I have to drive better than the ST but the ST wasn't bad. The steering of the ST is quicker than I like for a daily driver, the Mustang is about perfect. The Mustang interior is a much nicer place to spend my commute than the ST.

I enjoyed the two years I had with the ST but the Ecoboost Mustang has proven to be better in every way but gas mileage.

Moogatwo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ZL1 M6
My daily is a 2016 Fiesta ST. It's a really great car for the price. My daily commute is 8 miles, and I drive it 3/7 days per week from April - December. I only have to gas it up once every 1.5 months. If I had a longer commute I could see myself wanting something with a nicer interior, but honestly at the price point it's the perfect mix of performance and economy. I hope Ford keeps making them, because in another 5 - 6 years I can see myself buying another one.

OP
OP
Teezlr

Teezlr

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.JakeTiesler.com
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
I know a couple that own both a GT350 and ST, and they don't praise the ST anywhere as much as the GT350.
The GT350 is an entirely different car, I would love to get some seat time with one of these!!!

5LTR550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Efren
Vehicle(s)
2018 Premium GT A10 401a 2017 Focus ST
Vehicle Showcase
I also have the Focus st, and its a fun little car and maybe when I do exhaust , down pipe and a bov ill like it even more but I still want to hop in the stang and hear that rumble! Id say it wont replace the feeling exactly of a v8 mustang but def a fun fun car! but I also do feel like im just rushing thru gears like I saw you mention, while im trying to be easy on gas .

mpg avg 15.6 on the stang, 21.6 on the ST mostly city street driving not much hwy time.
Sponsored