Sponsored

EcoBoost dyno tested in Italy: very bad results! Fraud???

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
It's impossible in MY case. My car is moded and tuned. I can return to the stock tune, but I cannot (and I don't want to) remove the intercooler or my exhaust - too much to do! Wish I 've done it before moding/tuning the car, so that I have a baseline to compare to.

Regarding the engine power, yes I guess I would need an engine dyno, but as you said this is not something that many aftermarket shops can do.
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Impossible to do an accurate before and after as well, speaking scientifically you need a 100% controlled environment. The air temp, density, ambient temp, inlet temp, start charge temps, oil temps etc all have to be the exact same at every run. However that's just me being a pedantic analyst ;)! A baseline always gives a good figure, and if you find a dyno that corrects a mustang as close to list figures then it's easier.

Regardless of what dyno you use, as long as the correction calculations are the same on both runs, and the same dyno with the same sensors, you're fine. There's many different dyno brands, all with different calculations, but also the same brands and make with differing sensors etc. I'd advise going to the same dyno to make sure.

The one i'll be using next week is a maha 2 dyno. Its corrections pulled out accurate for a stock v8 at listed BHP (410/409 and 411 on the 3 runs). It's done the same with a stock EB (310). Taking mine there with the mods it's got (WGA/DP/ETS IC/Air raid MIT/K&N/Velossatech/Spark plugs/MF Comp catback/TUNE+ Tune) it'll allow me to see what the gains are.

Word of advise, if modding and your baseline comes back even at 10bhp, don't worry, because once you mod you can still dyno and see the increase, if it suddenly becomes 110bhp, regardless of the dyno being sh1t, it's still added 100bhp!

Also, Dyno's measure differently, there's engine dynos, 4wd dynos, fwd dynos, rwd dynos, hub centric dyno's etc. When comparing numbers make sure they're at least close to the same style of dyno and you KNOW the engine correction percentile.

You can workout the correction percentage with simple maths (Dyno printout to show Wheel logged HP and engine HP then find the increase from wheel to engine to find out the correction %)

That all being said, I haven't a clue what I'm expecting off mine engine power wise, or wheel wise. So it should be a fun experience lol. If it's anything in the 360-370 range at engine bhp (corrected) so a +50gain over list i'll be happy. More than that, ecstatic!

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Steve, I would expect you more in the range of 390 hp to the crank with your mods. The Tune+ WGA alone should give you roughly 15-20 hp. Mine should make around 315 whp and 390 lb-ft wtq (~530 Nm), which translates to around 370 hp to the crank assuming a 15% drivetrain loss (I assume that by correction you mean this). I cannot tell you publicly how I got this whp estimate (will send you a message).

Anyhow, as we have already discussed, I really look forward to your results, because they will give me a rough idea about the impact that my setup has on my car. And I will try to find a Maha2 dyno in my country to see if I can pull some real numbers.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Steve, I would expect you more in the range of 390 hp to the crank with your mods. The Tune+ WGA alone should give you roughly 15-20 hp. Mine should make around 315 whp and 390 lb-ft wtq (~530 Nm), which translates to around 370 hp to the crank assuming a 15% drivetrain loss (I assume that by correction you mean this). I cannot tell you publicly how I got this whp estimate (will send you a message).

Anyhow, as we have already discussed, I really look forward to your results, because they will give me a rough idea about the impact that my setup has on my car. And I will try to find a Maha2 dyno in my country to see if I can pull some real numbers.
indeed the WGA+ is referenced as 15-20whp according to adam.

You also have to remember I've got the downpipe as well, not sure how much horses that's adding, but it's one of the other major restrictors. So if you're 315 estimated. I should easily be 330whp (373 crank) as 12.5% drive train loss on the MT. Which is above my estimate.

I'm actually looking around things and maybe closer to 400crank, which is quite something, especially coupled with the estimated torque output being well into the 400s as well :headbang:!

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
With the dp and the WGA you should be close to 390-400 crank. I am saying this because torque starts at the engine and is transmitted to the wheels through the driveline. If my assumptions are correct and I got ~370 to the crank, then with the WGA + dp you should be arount 395-400 crank. This translates to 345-350 to the wheels! Haha! MAN it’s fast!

I should be close to you in a couple of weeks when I add my Tune+ WGA. My next mods: a functional spoiler to keep my car on the ground :headbang:

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
With the dp and the WGA you should be close to 390-400 crank. I am saying this because torque starts at the engine and is transmitted to the wheels through the driveline. If my assumptions are correct and I got ~370 to the crank, then with the WGA + dp you should be arount 395-400 crank. This translates to 345-350 to the wheels! Haha! MAN it’s fast!

I should be close to you in a couple of weeks when I add my Tune+ WGA. My next mods: a functional spoiler to keep my car on the ground :headbang:
I been looking at a gt350 trak pack spoiler, in black, think i could fuck with that.

Dyno next week... Final tune just landed too!

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I think I will end up installing the GT350 track pack rear spoiler after all. Didn’t like it at first, but now I really do. So this is my next move after I install the WGA, the DV+ and the rear red sequentials (man, the mod list is endless with this car :confused:).

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Will the red sequentials be legal in Greece?

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I think I will end up installing the GT350 track pack rear spoiler after all. Didn’t like it at first, but now I really do. So this is my next move after I install the WGA, the DV+ and the rear red sequentials (man, the mod list is endless with this car :confused:).
group buyyy! :thumbsup:

On the topic of dynos this is a dynojet stock vs stage 1 tune(REVO).
tune: Whp/Torque
Stock: 252.40/273.85
Stage 1: 299.66/388.13

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Yes, lets do a group buy. I am in. Keep me posted. Lets take this to the Mustang Europe FB group as well, I am sure that several others will be interested.

Whose dyno is this?

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Will the red sequentials be legal in Greece?
Stefano, the tail lights that I am going to receive next week are the American red tail lights, with the amber sequential turn signal function, in exchange for my clear tail lights. Made by the God of Mustang lights in Europe ;)

Most probably they are illegal here in Greece as well, like in any other European country. But to be honest, who cares? Mustang rules! :headbang:

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
I agree :) I thought you want to go with the 'real' red sequential, but red tails with amber sequential is ok. Here in Italy I become to see cars (most audis) with sequential turning lights so I believe it's not illegal here.

Ok now we are officially off topic here!

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Stefano is right. We should take our discussion about lights and mods to another thread! :D

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=27749]MakStang[/MENTION] this is REVO's Dynojet research on the EBM platform. Just WHP.

red seq'ts in the UK are illegal, infact red indicators are illegal in general in the UK. They have to be amber.

I believe also the EU runs the rules on the sequentials which posted to the UK as well. In which audi sequentials class as two lights (Two seperate units, 1 led strip = 1 light) per indicator (left/right), the mustang is 3 therefore illegal. I've got a switch wired into my lights to go back to stock.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I will have this switch as well I guess (Stefano?). But also now I will have real red light, not tinted!
Sponsored