Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Great numbers and nice truck!

How do you like those kooks with green cats? Dying to get headers but worried about emmisions. I believe our laws in CT are similar to yours.
Thanks! I love my headers and cats. I got 10,000 miles out of them and finally saw my first cat efficiency code so I installed de-fowlers and problem solved. The advantage of green over regular cats is the green will stand up better over time and to non forced induction cars “should” prevent ever seeing the cat MIL. I have seen people get the MIL early, non forced induction and have seen some go 30,000 without issue so it is a crap shoot. Green will just be better than non green but not necessarily keep the MIL away without de-fowlers.

That said I passed the Massachusetts inspection just this month with zero problems and have had Kooks in my past 3 mustangs and always passed.
Sponsored

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks! I love my headers and cats. I got 10,000 miles out of them and finally saw my first cat efficiency code so I installed de-fowlers and problem solved. The advantage of green over regular cats is the green will stand up better over time and to non forced induction cars “should” prevent ever seeing the cat MIL. I have seen people get the MIL early, non forced induction and have seen some go 30,000 without issue so it is a crap shoot. Green will just be better than non green but not necessarily keep the MIL away without de-fowlers.

That said I passed the Massachusetts inspection just this month with zero problems and have had Kooks in my past 3 mustangs and always passed.
Great feedback, thank you. By defoulers you mean those little spacers for the rear o2 sensors correct?

Can't wait to hear of your Gen 3 results. I am going to get on that as soon as my car goes into storage. :)

Maybe headers now too!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Greaty feedback, thank you. By defoulers you mean those little spacers for the rear o2 sensors correct?

Can't wait to hear of your Gen 3 results. I am going to get on that as soon as my car goes into storage. :)

Maybe headers now too!
Glad to help. Yes, the ones I use are from big daddy garage and are the best out there in my experience. Get the 90° version for clearance reasons. The website lists price each so you will want two.

I will be sure to post my results as soon as it happens. FYI unfortunately for one vs the other comparison reasons my results will not completely apply. I picked up 95# injectors and will be making some cam timing tweaks as well to the Whipple tune at the same time so my results will not be just the difference between Gen 2 and Gen 3.

Good news for you is if that interests you as well you are close enough to Tasca in RI to have the same tune tweaks if you would like. Dennis is great and he has a close working partnership with Whipple so for us In the North East it’s as good as going straight to Whipple. I am not interested in going with other tuners, for me the Dustin Whipple/ Dennis Tasca treatment is where it’s at.

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Again thank you!

We are in RI a lot as my daughter is a sophomore at URI. This has my interest peaked! I feel pretty much the same as you regarding the tune.
Is he doing a completely new tune or modifying the existing tune?

Glad to help. Yes, the ones I use are from big daddy garage and are the best out there in my experience. Get the 90° version for clearance reasons. The website lists price each so you will want two.

I will be sure to post my results as soon as it happens. FYI unfortunately for one vs the other comparison reasons my results will not completely apply. I picked up 95# injectors and will be making some cam timing tweaks as well to the Whipple tune at the same time so my results will not be just the difference between Gen 2 and Gen 3.

Good news for you is if that interests you as well you are close enough to Tasca in RI to have the same tune tweaks if you would like. Dennis is great and he has a close working partnership with Whipple so for us In the North East it’s as good as going straight to Whipple. I am not interested in going with other tuners, for me the Dustin Whipple/ Dennis Tasca treatment is where it’s at.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Again thank you!

We are in RI a lot as my daughter is a sophomore at URI. This has my interest peaked! I feel pretty much the same as you regarding the tune.
Is he doing a completely new tune or modifying the existing tune?
Simply tweaking the existing one so all the Whipple features are still there.

Sponsored

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Simply tweaking the existing one so all the Whipple features are still there.

Awesome, exactly what I will be looking for.

I am watching this thread like a hawk now!

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Got my Generation 3 Whipple yesterday and this this thing is freaking beautiful :headbang: I must say the new case design is a home run, pictures did not do it justice. This thing is mean looking :eyebulge:

Here are some comparison pictures

A good comparison of the case design. Ribbed, for her pleasure :lol:

I waisted no time and threw this thing on today along with DW 96# injectors. I will hopefully be visiting Tasca mid next week for a calibration tweak and putting it on the roller.

Last edited:

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Love the side by side comparison Jamie, thanks for that and can t wait to see the results from Tasca

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
So, so nice!!
Car is going to be beast. Engine bay looks amazing as well. :thumbsup:

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Nice build!

I am not usually too big on carbon fiber, but that engine bay looks beautiful. :thumbsup:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm just gonna leave this here :eyebulge: This is Whipple Gen 3, Whipple tune (with cam timing tweaked), 93 octane pump gas with Boostane added on 3.50" pulley.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Nice Numbers Is this E85 or 93?
Thank you sir. This is Whipple Gen 3, Whipple tune (with cam timing tweaked), 93 octane pump gas with Boostane added on 3.50" pulley.

What blows my mind it this is with an automatic car that makes on average 30 less rwhp compared to a manual with all mods the same :headbang:

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
814whp? Holy moly ... she must really move out with that much power on tap! How does it feel from a butt-dyno comparison VS the previous gen 2 set up?
Sponsored