Sponsored

The GT350/R Aftermarket Wheel Thread

SVTDSM

@Serpent_Stangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Sorry if this topic has been done already, but please use this thread solely to post images of GT350s and GT350Rs with aftermarket wheels. It'll be a place of inspiration for anyone considering changing theirs.

Forged Niche Misano t61 with Toyo R888's.
image.jpg
Sponsored

oldmachguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
What are the black 5-spokes?

What are the black 5-spoke's?

And, are they 19 x 11 and 19 x11.5?

Thanks!

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood

What are the black 5-spoke's?

And, are they 19 x 11 and 19 x11.5?

Thanks!
The owner of the R is local to me. I believe they are forgestars that he uses for street use. He's VERY active in the road course circuit and travels all over racing the car. From his post on other forums the R is stock minus safety gear (roll bar, camber plates, seat, harness, track GPS timers, tow hooks. He's reported its 4-5 seconds faster then his highly modified boss Laguna saca around the same tracks. He runs Hoosier R7 I believe

Sponsored

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Love 5 spokes, but I feel that specific one is lacking a bit in the looks department, very plain jane.

Saw the chromed out HRE's before, still as ugly as ever.

[MENTION=18787]icormba[/MENTION], your car is still gorgeous as ever.

[MENTION=22812]GT 350[/MENTION], the wheels look perfect on your white GT350!

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
Forged Niche Misano t61 with Toyo R888's.
Wooooooow! :love:

I'll never own another nice black car as long as live, but man nothing looks better when they are clean and polished. Sadly, they swirl so fast if you look at them wrong.

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350

This first picture of the black rims sure reminds me of dark powder coated C5 or C6 corvette rim. I hope they look better up close. I have not seen many 5 spoke designs that I thought were the "Shiznit", except some dedicated race rims.

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Why are the lugs sticking out different amounts on the rear vs the front of the R replicas? Is the only difference in the profiles of the wheels the mounting pad itself? That's the problem I've had with some brands of wheels in the past - when they do different offsets, they only modify the pad and personally I think it looks funny. I guess it's done so they don't have to technically design two different wheel profiles and saves money? I think these reps are different front and rear - they look like the concavity is different...? So I'm not sure why this was done.

Here's another example. Call me OCD but I want the lugs to protrude the same on the front and the rear.

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Why are the lugs sticking out different amounts on the rear vs the front of the R replicas? Is the only difference in the profiles of the wheels the mounting pad itself? That's the problem I've had with some brands of wheels in the past - when they do different offsets, they only modify the pad and personally I think it looks funny. I guess it's done so they don't have to technically design two different wheel profiles and saves money? I think these reps are different front and rear - they look like the concavity is different...? So I'm not sure why this was done.

Here's another example. Call me OCD but I want the lugs to protrude the same on the front and the rear.
Pad depth of the wheel and offset, This is going to be common with many wheels as the pad and thickness of the wheel on the pad will all affect it. Wheels that have a design with deeper lug holes will mask this great than those that the face drops back on.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
But the OEM wheels are difference offsets but are consistent. Again, I'm maybe just too OCD but I'd like it to look more OEM and be consistent front/rear, not like someone tried to save some time or money.

OP
OP
SVTDSM

SVTDSM

@Serpent_Stangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
The pics don't seem to do it justice, do you have other pictures?
Yeah, that picture is just too dark, but I still like it for some reason. This one is a bit lighter.
IMG_1888.PNG

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood

The stock wheels are the same. So are my Forgelines. I agree I don't like it either and you'd think the price of a wheel like FORGELINE they would not do that. But they do to eliminate multiple forgings.
Sponsored