Sponsored

Deep Impact Build (DIB)

Robby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 DIB 2.3T
Just picked up the new car up today. Tomorrow I'll post some pics of my 1st "Mods." My first impression of the new 2.3T is ...

"Holy Shit!"

Stalled it the 1st time I engaged the clutch at the dealership (embarrassing). Will have to try the Steeda Spring (on order). Everybody's right. The clutch does have too much pressure releasing and, can't feel the engagement. 1st to 2nd seems to be the most annoying. Maybe I just have to get used to it? Will let you know.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush Warrior Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Congratulations!

OP
OP
Robby

Robby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 DIB 2.3T
Thanks. Sorry for not posting pics yet. I'm having too much fun just driving!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Robby

Robby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 DIB 2.3T
Thanks again. The Mustang is a real "Hingucker." I took my wife out yesterday for a Sunday-Drive. She is 100% Handicapped. (Schwerbehindert). I asked how she liked the sound of the motor (blind too), she said, "It's too loud!"

Anyway, we drove around and wound up at her girlfriend's place. (Got to do this for her and, of course, take the kids on a mandatory test ride). That's why no mods this weekend.

But anyway, I was hanging with my buddies outside, drinking some adult-beverages (Let my son drive home). I cannot tell you how many people (men and women) just stopped and had to have a look at it. Or even took photos! DIB is a chick-magnet. Women love it and just flock to it.

Don't worry, I'll get to the mods but, having enough fun just driving her stock now. At least for the 1st week.

OP
OP
Robby

Robby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 DIB 2.3T
Oh, by the way...took it today for the 1st time on the Autobahn. Got passed by a 2013 GT...Didn't see him coming up from behind. Damn! I wanted to race! Yeah, mine is still stock but, I just wanted to find out if he had any balls.

OP
OP
Robby

Robby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 DIB 2.3T
Very happy I decided to go with the Turbo (with all options) instead of the V-8 (basic) for about the same price. The V-8 costs are double here. Double the amount of gas, double the taxes, and double the insurance, etc. It's fast enough for me...at least 'till it's tuned.

OP
OP
Robby

Robby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 DIB 2.3T
The front suspension needs to be a tighter. Have to take highway exists slow at the moment. Get a Strut-Tower (thinking Schropp) and probably the BMR brace next month. Got a lot to do in the meantime to keep me busy.

The rear needs to be tightened also. Probably go with Steeda parts. Slips a bit on takeoff. Still got the P-Zeros on there.

OP
OP
Robby

Robby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 DIB 2.3T
At the moment....just giving my 1st impressions...

Sponsored
OP
OP
Robby

Robby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 DIB 2.3T
I really, really want to come...but, I thought all the rooms were booked already?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Robby

Robby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 DIB 2.3T
Don't know yet. Depends on work. My sister and niece are flying over form the States in August. My niece is going to do a semester studying in Austria and my sister has all these visions of a "Heidi" fantasy vacation. I've only been living here for 30 years, but my sister, she's got her own plan and won't listen to me.

Anyway, it will be fun driving through the Alps. Let's see how much holiday time I got to plan.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Robby

Robby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 DIB 2.3T
Well, at least by then I should have the display settings figured out! Ha....ha!
Sponsored