Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang 2.3L EB Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Were you built in july?

There has been an issue with Takata Airbags on the 2017 produced mustangs, a faulty batch of 650 vehicles or so... see here:

"UPDATE 8/31/2017, 10:00 a.m.: Ford is recalling 650 brand-new vehicles in the United States that have defective airbags, although there is a critical difference from the general recall population of Takata inflators. Certain 2017 Ford Mustang and F-150 models have complete airbag modules built by Takata, while the faulty inflators inside the modules are made by ARC Automotive, a Tier 2 supplier in Knoxville, Tennessee. The passenger-side frontal airbags are affected. Takata notified Ford after it tested the airbags and found an “abnormal deployment,” Ford said. Since July 2015, NHTSA has been investigating ARC Automotive for defective airbag inflators after two ruptured in older-model Chrysler and Kia models not under the Takata recall. NHTSA currently estimates that up to eight million inflators may be defective in Chrysler, GM, Kia, and Hyundai models in the United States"

More info

"Vehicles Affected: Approximately 650 model-year 2017 Ford F-150 pickup trucks and Mustang sports coupes, all manufactured between July 20 and Aug. 1, 2017, at the automaker's Kansas City Assembly Plant in Missouri and Flat Rock Assembly Plant in Michigan
The Problem: The front passenger airbag inflator may rupture in a crash necessitating airbag deployment, spewing metal fragments into the cabin and striking vehicle occupants, potentially resulting in serious injury or death.
Ford said it was notified by Japan's Takata Corp. - the manufacturer at the center of the massive ongoing recall involving airbag inflators that rupture and spray shrapnel into the vehicle cabin - that passenger airbag inflators manufactured by ARC Automotive Inc. and used in airbags supplied by Takata showed "abnormal deployment" during testing at Takata's engineering facility. Ford said it is not aware of any accidents or injuries associated with the ARC-manufactured inflators and its vehicles.
The Fix: Dealers will replace the passenger airbag modules for free.
What Owners Should Do: Ford did not immediately announce an owner-notification schedule. Owners can call the automaker at 866-436-7332, or go to www.safercar.gov to check their vehicle identification number and learn more."
Update:

Decoded my VIN and found the shipping notes.
Which just raises more questions as the dealer is telling me its in Baltimore but the shipping notes say its been in Zeebrugge since 20/08/17
Yes its a July build.. damn it so that could potentially be the holdup.

My dealer knows naaathing.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Update:

Decoded my VIN and found the shipping notes.
Which just raises more questions as the dealer is telling me its in Baltimore but the shipping notes say its been in Zeebrugge since 20/08/17
Yes its a July build.. damn it so that could potentially be the holdup.

My dealer knows naaathing.
Dealers are trash mate, honestly very few know anything. If the shipping says it's in Zeebrugge, it's in zeebrugge.

Edit: I just checked yours, it's in Southampton.... AND HAS BEEN FOR NEARLY A MONTH!

marino13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang, Porsche 911
Dealers are trash mate, honestly very few know anything. If the shipping says it's in Zeebrugge, it's in zeebrugge.

Edit: I just checked yours, it's in Southampton.... AND HAS BEEN FOR NEARLY A MONTH!
Insane! Insane! Insane! I feel your pain!

I walked into my local Ford dealership on the 18th March and ordered mine - who knows where it is now. No one can / has told me.

:frusty::frusty::frusty::frusty::frusty:

A Real Hero

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Calling the dealer tomorrow.

Thanks for having a look over.

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Calling the dealer tomorrow.

Thanks for having a look over.
Anytime, other bet is getting on blower to Karen/Stacy and getting them to call dealer to prioritise it, you can call dealer and ask but your dealer sounds like a mong :lol:

Sponsored

marino13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update:

My car left Baltimore yesterday and is due in Zebrugge on the 14th. Hopefully a quick turnaround, off to Portsmouth then Southampton and then another ferry ride to Guernsey.

Bolt on all the mods and then ready...

To say it was ordered in March it's taken quite a while compared to some but I'm hopeful of getting the beast before the end of the month - Halloween would seem to have a nice ring to it!

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Update:

My car left Baltimore yesterday and is due in Zebrugge on the 14th. Hopefully a quick turnaround, off to Portsmouth then Southampton and then another ferry ride to Guernsey.

Bolt on all the mods and then ready...

To say it was ordered in March it's taken quite a while compared to some but I'm hopeful of getting the beast before the end of the month - Halloween would seem to have a nice ring to it!
should land in Southampton not Portsmouth... ;)! Not sure what ships take the cars to Guernsey. When I'm over there for work (We do a fair bit with "offshores" (Gurnsey and jersey) i'll have to hit you up so I don't get SWS (Stang withdrawal symptoms)

A Real Hero

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Car has arrived at the dealers holding center in Liverpool and I can collect from the dealer next week. But due to the delay I'm away for work now.

So collection day is now the 20th.
Just glad its finally here.

marino13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
should land in Southampton not Portsmouth... ;)! Not sure what ships take the cars to Guernsey. When I'm over there for work (We do a fair bit with "offshores" (Gurnsey and jersey) i'll have to hit you up so I don't get SWS (Stang withdrawal symptoms)
Sorry mate my mistake - I meant Southampton then on to Portsmouth - only conventional ferries run from Portsmouth to here. Definitely give me a shout when you're next over - meet up for a couple of beers :cheers:

A Real Hero

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Finally picked up the car today !!

Had a 3 and a bit hour drive back from Warrington to Glasgow to break her in!
Will get a picture soon.

Also just want to say thanks to everybody who contributed to that list of things to check! Went through everything and found the bonnet gasket seal was completely split all the way across. Promptly sorted by the dealer though. Decklid alignment was a bit shabby but ill sort that myself. Other than that im as chuffed to bits!

Cheers!!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Finally picked up the car today !!

Had a 3 and a bit hour drive back from Warrington to Glasgow to break her in!
Will get a picture soon.

Also just want to say thanks to everybody who contributed to that list of things to check! Went through everything and found the bonnet gasket seal was completely split all the way across. Promptly sorted by the dealer though. Decklid alignment was a bit shabby but ill sort that myself. Other than that im as chuffed to bits!

Cheers!!
Glad we could help, and chuffed you've picked her up.. now, build thread for mods? :D

marino13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Beast is here! Arrived in Guernsey yesterday and I should be able to collect on Saturday.

Ford are currently bolting on a shed load of extras which have piled up since March.

I was allowed a sneak peek in the workshop and the car was up on the ramps with wheels off but already looks awesome.

The only fly in the ointment - at the last minute my usual insurance company have confirmed they won't cover me due to the performance / chasis modifications (Steeda springs, Strut brace, Steeda FAI and Kooks exhaust) - WTF it's not a supercharger. Will take my business elsewhere then...

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Had no joy with the mustang@ford email address and was wondering if any of you guys could decipher the details below?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eyqtxuq2jxz46rb/Screenshot_2017-12-13-20-47-11.png?dl=0
(edit: jump to bottom for your vin if you don't wanna understand how it was decoded and put back together to make a VIN)

Well NFXJ5134526 looks like A PARTIAL vin.

Then there's the standard shiz which is listed next to it

The VIN should be:

1FA6p8CNFXJ5134526

However to understand it, it needs explaining, i'll walk it through in a bit more detail than the original post's image:

you currently have NFXJ5134526.

A vin is made up of more characters than this. however the prior section to this is usually rougly the same, but ford like to leave it off.

It will start with:
1FA - this is a ford passanger car.
Then follow with:
6 - that's for seat belts and front/side air bags
It'll then follow with a specific code to what car variant it is, in your case a coupe GT:
P8C
It'll then have an identifier for the engine in this case it's a 5.0L v8:
F
It'll then have a number between 0-9 or X.
In your case it's got an X
It'll then have a letter relating to the year:
F=2015
G=2016
H=2017
I=2018
J=2019
etc
Yours has a 'J' here.
It'll then have a code relating to where it was built. This for mustangs is a '5':
It'll then have it's actual build number which goes up with each built in your case it's:

So putting all of that together it's
1FA6P8CFXI5134526
However, yours reads more like this:
<1FA6P8>NFXJ5134526

Differences being:
P8C = Coupe GT
P8N(?) = No idea

xi = check digit + 2018
xj = check digit + 2019 (??)

HOWEVER, after doing a bit of decoding your vin is:

1FA6P8NFXJ5134526

Put your vin into the 'vin entry' on etis here:
http://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do

and enjoy.

Toecutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
(edit: jump to bottom for your vin if you don't wanna understand how it was decoded and put back together to make a VIN)

Well NFXJ5134526 looks like A PARTIAL vin.

Then there's the standard shiz which is listed next to it

The VIN should be:

1FA6p8CNFXJ5134526

However to understand it, it needs explaining, i'll walk it through in a bit more detail than the original post's image:

you currently have NFXJ5134526.

A vin is made up of more characters than this. however the prior section to this is usually rougly the same, but ford like to leave it off.

It will start with:
1FA - this is a ford passanger car.
Then follow with:
6 - that's for seat belts and front/side air bags
It'll then follow with a specific code to what car variant it is, in your case a coupe GT:
P8C
It'll then have an identifier for the engine in this case it's a 5.0L v8:
F
It'll then have a number between 0-9 or X.
In your case it's got an X
It'll then have a letter relating to the year:
F=2015
G=2016
H=2017
I=2018
J=2019
etc
Yours has a 'J' here.
It'll then have a code relating to where it was built. This for mustangs is a '5':
It'll then have it's actual build number which goes up with each built in your case it's:

So putting all of that together it's
1FA6P8CFXI5134526
However, yours reads more like this:
<1FA6P8>NFXJ5134526

Differences being:
P8C = Coupe GT
P8N(?) = No idea

xi = check digit + 2018
xj = check digit + 2019 (??)

HOWEVER, after doing a bit of decoding your vin is:

1FA6P8NFXJ5134526

Put your vin into the 'vin entry' on etis here:
http://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do

and enjoy.
Manders, I knew I could could count on your sage knowledge of all things Mustang.

Much appreciated. :thumbsup:
Sponsored