Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Hi guys,

Below is a list of things I believe everyone should look over before accepting their car from the dealer, these are in no particular order!

• Panel Alignments - Check them all. Refuse anything else. Boot lid alignment aswell.
  • F5 SD card for Maps (Nav only), some come with F4 (out of date) - Ask your dealer to upgrade this. NAV/SHAKER pro pack only. Comes in Center Console / arm rest SD Card slot
  • Rear Window alignment / not shaking
  • Bonnet Pinch (Center of bonnet is pinched in) - FIX: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40731
  • Under-spray in the correct places, not haphazardly done
  • Wire Loom fix input (Heat resistor on loom) - IMPORTANT. If it is not done, arrange your dealer order the parts IMMEDIATELY and book yourself in to get it fixed. Better safe than sorry. GT ONLY
  • Tyre pressures
  • 'Delivery Mileage'
  • Plates put on as you asked (Holder or 'stuck on')
  • Window sticker (if you wish to keep it)
  • Paint swirls/Spiderwebs - Incorrectly 'prepared for pickup'
  • Scratches or marks on anything
  • Correct 'extras' added to the car
  • If financed - correct finance deal in place - READ THE SMALL PRINT
  • Correct price - there was a Jan 2016 £500 price rise, those ordered BEFORE 2016 should not be paying 'that extra £500' - check on your order form, that is what you pay.
  • Any prearrangement's with the dealer that you had have been carried out - specific to individual
  • Spare Tyre kit in place in the boot
  • Two keys with the car (Key blade in the key fobs as well)
  • Gear shifter doesn't make 'noises' (Might have to mention this to your dealer so they're aware before hand)
  • No dodgy paint work - Bubbles/silicone on the paint
  • No Dents anywhere
  • No Dirt anywhere
  • Proper 'Sync' installed (If Sync 3 is installed, don't mention it to your dealer :lol:)
  • Check operation of all lights
  • Check all levels, oil, water, brake fluid etc
  • Ask if they can put the car on a ramp to check steering suspension and brakes.
  • Individual Tonneau Caps should be in boot convertibles ONLY.
  • Check mirror's are operational and fold properly
  • Leather Trim of seats (and other parts) as per - http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1049339&posted=1#post1049339
  • Engine coolant levels
  • Locking wheel nuts fitted
  • Trunk / boot light functioning
  • Check service book for warranty stamp / PDI stamps
So that's my list, if there's anything worth adding please tell me so I know to add it to my list - and i'll add it.

This is set up to help those picking up their cars soon who might not know what to look for, or have missed previous peoples issues.

Thanks all for the additional points, seems we've got a quite comprehensive list now :)!
Sponsored

Last edited:

SamH_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT V8 5.0L | Fastback | Customisation Pack
what is the wiring loom fix? and how do you know if you have it? its the first I've heard of it?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
what is the wiring loom fix? and how do you know if you have it? its the first I've heard of it?

The wiring loom fix is basically dumbed down to 'Tin foil and cable ties' around a wiring loom that is close to the engine. Every car should have this on, it's basically a heat shield that protects the loom. This issue has came about after 1 customers car's engine begin to 'blow up' (Set fire) and it got written of, the solution was to heat shield the loom that is near to the engine.

SamH_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT V8 5.0L | Fastback | Customisation Pack
The wiring loom fix is basically dumbed down to 'Tin foil and cable ties' around a wiring loom that is close to the engine. Every car should have this on, it's basically a heat shield that protects the loom. This issue has came about after 1 customers car's engine begin to 'blow up' (Set fire) and it got written of, the solution was to heat shield the loom that is near to the engine.
ah okay i better check mine tomorrow, i take it this is something the dealers are aware of?

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
ah okay i better check mine tomorrow, i take it this is something the dealers are aware of?

Dealers are aware of it, it's noted on ETIS, they shouldn't let you have your car without having arranged this fix, however some dealers aren't following this ruling, and personally, everyone should have this checked before the car goes out. It might be away from you for a day, but i'd sooner be without a car for a day, than without one for life because of a fixable issue.

Hope this helps Sam :)

Sponsored

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Hi guys,

Below is a list of things I believe everyone should look over before accepting their car from the dealer, these are in no particular order!

• Spare Tyre kit in place in the boot
You don't get one of these. Separate purchase.

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
Are you actually going to check your tyre pressures when you collect your car?

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I know I won't :lol:
I am :lol:. Why would you drive away with something that could potentially cause uneven tyre wear and/or damage to the alloy?

Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
There is a point where you have to put some trust in the dealer. They deliver cars all day every day. Mustang is hugely special to us but it's just a car....

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
There is a point where you have to put some trust in the dealer. They deliver cars all day every day. Mustang is hugely special to us but it's just a car....
I agree, equally, i'd sooner not have any fk-ups with the car, or any issues, this is here for your own use, you don't have to use it if you don't want to, it's just a list of things that people are flagging as issues post delivery or during delivery that you may as well get out of the way before hand.

I'm also aware that some individuals have had negative experiences with their dealers so this could help levitate the issue, whilst also educating the dealer somewhat for future Mustang purchasers - after all, we're all 'Brothers in Cars' :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
It is but it is also Fords flagship car in the uk, so they should be all over it. Let's face it mustang is "the brand". If the MD Drives one .....
Sooner perfection than some half-arsed crap because the dealer had 'other handovers' to do and all this other rubbish excuses. As much as i'm a slight megalomaniac, a customer in general should be made to feel as comfortable as possible when purchasing ANYTHING, making them feel like 'the world is on them' for that 30mins to an Hour during handover.

This is something ford have done with me before, and i'd expect no-less during the Mustang, that being said, I hold the Mustang to a way higher standard than the S-Max/Fiesta/used Corsa I've personally attended the purchasing periods and handover of.

shivatastic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dunk
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 2015 Mustang GT
We meant to have an SD card with the Nav maps on it? Where is that inserted as my SD slots are empty :(

SSC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
We meant to have an SD card with the Nav maps on it? Where is that inserted as my SD slots are empty :(
Dealer should have given you the card in a sealed package, if not ask them to supply one. Provided you bought the navigation when ordered.
$_57.jpg
Sponsored