2016 DIB Base GT performance pacakge for street/track/autoX

Plimmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Nice!!! I just found this thread, subbed for updates. Your car looks great, in pics and in person. Looking forward to meeting up at another TX track day, and next year I want to trek across for a Road Atlanta day.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Brent Dalton

Brent Dalton

Sua Sponte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I was able to get the car on the dyno today to make sure I'm in compliance for this coming years time trial season. Car made 370, which is about where I thought an all stock car would be.

Now to change the fluids and prep for the track this weekend.

Joshg120

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
amazing thread! Can't believe I missed this. Really interesting mods, it's always great to see someone out pushing their car on track! Keep it up

OP
OP
Brent Dalton

Brent Dalton

Sua Sponte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
amazing thread! Can't believe I missed this. Really interesting mods, it's always great to see someone out pushing their car on track! Keep it up
Thanks! I'll be at road atlanta on June 4-5. Stop by and hang out for a while if you have time.

OP
OP
Brent Dalton

Brent Dalton

Sua Sponte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Had a fun time at Road Atlanta last weekend. The car did fairly well with controlling temps. I was also surprised when I rolled across the scales at 3900 lbs this weekend with me in the car(I'm about 200lbs with gear on). I was expecting to be about 100lbs lighter. I managed several 1:39's. I'm happy with that for now for a non caged/no safety car. :)

Here are some videos:
[ame]

First Session at Road Atlanta in 5 years:
[ame]

[ame]

A nice spin/drift from one of my competitors at 3:15 in this one:
[ame]

Some fun in 10a/b (my mic pulled out so no sound unfortunately):
[ame]

Not bad for brakes and lateral G's:

A couple pictures of the car

Glad to finally had the time to rebuild my transmission in my truck the weekend before! Glad to have that off my back. 2500 miles on it, 2000 with the car and trailer. Everything is working well! By far, the best vehicle I've ever owned. 245,000 miles on it now and still going strong. I hope this transmission last another 250k miles of abuse.

Sponsored

NvrFinished

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
Damn, that is impressive Brent! I enjoy watching your videos. I just tried to get an idea how quick a 1:39 is for a Mustang at RA and it's hard to find actual lap time info for the car. I did come to the conclusion though that anything under 1:40 was very good.

Are you performing heel toe downshifts with the stock pedal set up? The gas pedal seems to be a reach. I've been practicing on the street and I'm still not smooth with it.

Also, how do you like that GT350 shift knob?

You seem to be one of the pioneers pushing this car's limits and I love catching the updates.

OP
OP
Brent Dalton

Brent Dalton

Sua Sponte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Thanks! I'm happy with the time for being 370rwhp and 3900lbs. I've went low 30's in my RX7, but it's a lot lighter on better, wider tires. The trans am mustangs ran low 30's when they raced there earlier in the year. I think Rob Bodle ran a 38 in his trans am mustang. I think their cars weigh several hundred pounds less and have more hp... and better drivers.

I have the steeda heel/toe pedal. It was the first thing I ordered for the car(I think before I even took delivery of the car). It works well.

GT350 knob is good. I just like the look of it and it matches the wheel. Some ppl are particular about shift knobs/shifters/etc... I am not. :)

Far from a pioneer. Just trying to drive the car the way it was meant to be and have fun doing it :)

LHousePhoto

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lhousephotography.com
First Name
Lane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT Premium - Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
Did you need the spacers to clear the brake calipers or was it to move the inner sidewall away from the suspension primarily?

Thinking about picking up those wheels in a 18x9.5 for 275 track tires.

DarkHorse5.0

Project White Label
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryn
Vehicle(s)
Whippled 2015 GT PP
Couple of nasty racecars between that RX7 and s550. The Stang looks menacing with the wing and sitting on those fatty Hoosiers and coil overs. Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Brent Dalton

Brent Dalton

Sua Sponte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Did you need the spacers to clear the brake calipers or was it to move the inner sidewall away from the suspension primarily?

Thinking about picking up those wheels in a 18x9.5 for 275 track tires.
I needed it to clear the front struts. I think a 9.5 with 275's would clear without a spacer I would guess.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Brent Dalton

Brent Dalton

Sua Sponte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Couple of nasty racecars between that RX7 and s550. The Stang looks menacing with the wing and sitting on those fatty Hoosiers and coil overs. Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:
Thanks!

cop on my back

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
While I can't watch the videos at work, this is a great build and what a track to be able to play on, very lucky. I can't wait to get on a track, July 14th isn't too far away now.

OP
OP
Brent Dalton

Brent Dalton

Sua Sponte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
While I can't watch the videos at work, this is a great build and what a track to be able to play on, very lucky. I can't wait to get on a track, July 14th isn't too far away now.
Thanks! And good luck at your track day. :cheers:

ssyellow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' Competition Orange GT - PP/Recaros
Love the updates and the build, super jealous of that RX-7.

What engine oil weight do you run on the track?

OP
OP
Brent Dalton

Brent Dalton

Sua Sponte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Love the updates and the build, super jealous of that RX-7.

What engine oil weight do you run on the track?
Thanks! I've been cautiously running amsoil signature series 5w20 and changing it after every track weekend. I'll probably jump to 5w50 before long.
Sponsored