Sponsored

A Guide to Detailing your new S550

RussTKD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Ah , to live in an apartment complex. Guess it's $15 swirl maker washes for me. :(
Look into Optimum No-Rinse car wash. You need two buckets, a few microfiber towels, and about 3-4 gallons of water.
Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Look into Optimum No-Rinse car wash. You need two buckets, a few microfiber towels, and about 3-4 gallons of water.
This stuff is good!

Tweezy7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
17'GT on Order
The car looks great! Perfect right up!:shocked:
I use chemical guys products myself and will be using Adam's polishes for the clay bar. Detailing the car is the perfect way for me to spend my weekend other than watching NFL

Sponsored

daytripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13GT500,'15 GT
What about waxing that shiny black panel in the trunk where the gt logo is?
I always wax shiny plastic including the rear panel, headlites and taillites. They seem to atract less dust and are easier to clean.

mluca002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Thanks. I never tried waxing lights before. I put a coat of carnuba on last night. Then went for a drive through the Everglades. Got home and bugs pushed off easy with a damp rag. I did notice they stick to the lights more than the paint I just waxed. When I picked the car up it had no wax and water wouldn't bead up. I know the dealer ran it through their touch less wash at least twice which may have removed factory applicants

ElLeon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
The
Vehicle(s)
Mitsubishi Evolution IX
I am shocked that people still do paint correction (polish) by hand. That must have been one hell of a long day.

Sponsored

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
I eliminate the tedious and unnecessary job of shami/towel dry by using my electric leaf blower....done in less than 15 min and no water marks!! Been using this process for years! Been into hot rods for years!

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
a solid 13 hours
After your Masterclass post on detailing from last October, I thought I had better up my game for looking after my new Mustang when it arrives in Nov and also prepping the current ride for sale
I went thru the clay bar full 3 stage on my wife's Mazda 323 (2004 103,000 kms) as a trial yesterday and today and the results are phenomenal!
It is a silver car and it now looks like it's just come out of a showroom. Had never used a claybar before and hadn't even heard of them until reading the forum.
Took about 8 hours over the 2 days
Thanks for the education in care car;)

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
I remember this from a while back and thought it worthy to revive...

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
Just avoid anything silicone based, it will deteriorate things and attract dirt while being impossible to ever get off
Sponsored