Battery trouble

TimG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT manual
My car can sit for 2 weeks unused & always starts. If not had a recent long run I notice the centre screen does not come on till engine starts. In 17 months I have charged the battery once with a smart charger.

tim
Sponsored

marino13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang, Porsche 911
Haven't used the car this weekend other than uploading a custom tune and that took around ten minutes. Took it out to clean it before and all was fine until I went to start it again and it started then switched off and had the orange warning battery light on. Did this twice so then I gave it a load of revs and took it for a quick drive but only quick as I need to be out. Anyone else experienced this? Wondering if ive should get on a trickle charger after all...

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Haven't used the car this weekend other than uploading a custom tune and that took around ten minutes. Took it out to clean it before and all was fine until I went to start it again and it started then switched off and had the orange warning battery light on. Did this twice so then I gave it a load of revs and took it for a quick drive but only quick as I need to be out. Anyone else experienced this? Wondering if ive should get on a trickle charger after all...
Probably a good idea. You won't exactly be doing long runs and the battery was maybe depleted with all the stop start on the way over.

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT
Mine will have been sitting for 20 days by the time I get back from Florida in just over a weeks time, so will do the 'acid' test on my return. Has sat twice before for this period of time without problem.

OP
OP
SpArKy

SpArKy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
just went to start it now and it's happened again.... :( this time i've not had the doors open or anything, just a normal week, put her away Friday afternoon, when to start her just now. :shrug:

Ford assist on their way!

Sponsored

AstroKeith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Auto
I've just been camping for 4 days. Doors and boot open for hours, music on a fair bit. Started no problem.

I often leave it for two plus weeks while away on trips. Again no problem.

If you're having battery problems, I'm sure its a fault somewhere. Its clearly not a feature of this model mustang.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
had a test with the glove box, I sh1t you not, if you gently close it, it wont push the button, need to flip it up with some force... I've put a bit of velvet sticky backed pad on the button (Smaller than the hole) so it pushes in even with a light touch. Only person who goes in there is mechanics for the LWN or girlfriend for show passes and shiz and she daren't not abuse the car or hurt it's feelings :lol:

OP
OP
SpArKy

SpArKy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
had a test with the glove box, I sh1t you not, if you gently close it, it wont push the button, need to flip it up with some force... I've put a bit of velvet sticky backed pad on the button (Smaller than the hole) so it pushes in even with a light touch. Only person who goes in there is mechanics for the LWN or girlfriend for show passes and shiz and she daren't not abuse the car or hurt it's feelings :lol:
thanks. AA guy this time (different guy) said the battery was knackered and not accepting the right current/voltage (whatever) for a charge. he followed me to Ford to get it checked out/replaced. :(

OP
OP
SpArKy

SpArKy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
so ford just rang and said the battery is faulty, and they don't have any in stock and Ford don't know when they'll be in stock. He kept saying "after christmas"!!!! :frusty::frusty::frusty:

won't give me a courtesy car or anything.

suggested i buy my own battery but they won't be able to pay for it under warranty if i do that.... rac say they have them in stock and will install tomorrow.

this stinks

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
so ford just rang and said the battery is faulty, and they don't have any in stock and Ford don't know when they'll be in stock. He kept saying "after christmas"!!!! :frusty::frusty::frusty:

suggested i buy my own battery but they won't be able to pay for it under warranty if i do that.... rac say they have them in stock and will install tomorrow.

this stinks
RAC have them and ford don't? what :lol::lol:

Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic

this stinks
When the missus' Nissan battery went u/s under warranty the RAC (who Nissan use as their recovery/assist) replaced free. Nissan supplied them with stock for that very purpose.
How can a major car manufacturer not have a stock of batteries for cars under warranty? Call up a different dealer and ask if they have any stock as you need to buy one...

OP
OP
SpArKy

SpArKy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
halfords have them too, and guess what

Capture.jpg

so i'm going to halfords, buying a battery, driving 3 minutes to ford for them to fit..... :paddle:

:frusty: :frusty:

OP
OP
SpArKy

SpArKy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
When the missus' Nissan battery went u/s under warranty the RAC (who Nissan use as their recovery/assist) replaced free. Nissan supplied them with stock for that very purpose.
How can a major car manufacturer not have a stock of batteries for cars under warranty? Call up a different dealer and ask if they have any stock as you need to buy one...
they won't even give me a courtesy car. this seems so wrong.

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT
Why can't they [Ford] go to Halfrauds and get it, or from the RAC (who they partner with for Ford Assist) :crazy: :doh: :headbonk:

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
they won't even give me a courtesy car. this seems so wrong.
Keep the receipt, Halfords have excellent warranty on their batteries:thumbsup:
Sponsored