Sponsored

Cleaning Out Roadkill

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Premium Pony Pack "4HORSEMEN"
So I ran over an already dead animal last night (dog or small deer, not sure) I thought I would clear it but unfortunately, just barely, I did not. It just left a smidgen of blood/fur on the bottom of the front bumper, but more so I see some clumps in spots under the car. It looks like I went right over it with the passenger side "frame rail" (not sure what the part is actually called but it looks equivalent to a rail running the length of the car). Does anyone have some tips on how to clean this out, asap, as I am going out of town for several days soon and don't want to come back to a car full of flies and maggots.

I took it at lunch to a DIY car wash to get the stuff off the front and as much as I could off the rest of the car, and plan to go after work to try and get some spots I missed but I am more so worried about bits I may not be able to see.

FYI I don't have readily available access to a jack. Also I am a bit squeamish, (I gag at picking up dog doo) so the thought of me climbing under the car to spray this gunk of is basically out of the question as I am sick to my stomach at even the thought of it dripping on me. So far the best I've been able to do is stick the DIY carwash pressurewasher under the car from the side. I may see about trying a touch-less car-wash with underbody sprayer but I am hesitant to let it do the full wash since I have the MMD rear louvers and am afraid it would tear them off.

This is sort of a cross post from the SE Region section so apologies for that but I am leaving in 2 days so am in a bit of a hurry and am trying to get as many eyes on it as possible. Thanks in advance for any help! :confused:
Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
I would do the touchless wash and underbody sprayer. Maybe twice. The underbody spray is what will clean it up.

Shouldn't affect the louvers. Aren't they on with 3M VHB tape? My thin silver window trim is on with that and has survived many washes without issue.

EDIT: Just realized this post is over a month old, oops. Lol

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
No need to crawl under it, just get a lawn sprinkler and attach it to a hose and slide it under there moving it around as you like. If your hose is stiff enough you can push the sprinkler around pretty good. I wouldn't do it with the engine and exhaust hot. Works pretty good at cleaning the under body.
Sponsored