Votes: 5 17.2%
  • 80-84%

Votes: 7 24.1%

• Total voters

buymycar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT base. Roush axleback and frpp xpipe.
What percentage of cars on the road are faster than Mustang GT (2015-2017)?

Curious as to how many cars you see are actually faster than the Mustang GT. The main cars I see on the road that are faster are the new Camaro SS, Corvette, Challenger SRT, Ms, AMGs, and exotics. Everyday during my commute I see hundreds and hundreds of cars. Very rarely do I see something faster. Only time there is a significant amount of cars with better performance is when in Scottsdale where the GT looks like a poor man's car.
Sponsored

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
There will always be something faster. Don't worry about what's faster.

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
There's a lot of fast cars out there anymore, and many of them don't necessary look fast. The main issue I have is the Coyote makes a lot of its power up top, and can feel "weak" down low, especially for people with 3:15's like I have. A lot of the AWD cars and 400+ hp AWD SUV's are faster off the line and tend to pull on me. Sure I'd probably beat them in a 1/4 mile run, but on the street most people are usually just trying to merge in front of you, or show you up with a quick acceleration at a light. It could be my stock tires, or the 3:15's, or a combination of both, but they will take me most of the time. I just bought some lighter wheels, and plan to get a carbon fiber drive shaft, hopefully they will help my 60ft some. I'd be better off going with a 3:55 rear, but I don't want to jeopardize any of my power-train warranty right now.

OP
OP

buymycar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT base. Roush axleback and frpp xpipe.
Percentage of cars on the road, not types. This includes all the camrys and suvs. During my morning commute I only saw one (Corvette) that was faster.

Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

Percentage of cars on the road, not types. This includes all the camrys and suvs. During my morning commute I only saw one (Corvette) that was faster.
There's your problem. You saw... You are assuming. Assuming leads to surprise.

There are Civics out there that look stock, but would stomp a Mustang. Don't assume because the car looks stock that it is.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I didn't vote because I think the % of cars on the road that are faster than the Mustang GT is about 1-2% - at least in my area. Where I live most people drive bland vans, 4 door commuter cars and pickups. I rarely see something cool like a GTR or a 911.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
There's your problem. You saw... You are assuming. Assuming leads to surprise.

There are Civics out there that look stock, but would stomp a Mustang. Don't assume because the car looks stock that it is.
There are millions of Civics out there, if you worry about the 200 of them built enough to beat a sports car you're going to stress yourself into an aneurism early in life.

I put 95%, because mustang can't race anything when its stuck on a curb next to the pedestrians.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
With a Steeda Tune, CAI, Catback and 3.31 manual trans I have stayed neck and neck with same year Vette and Camaro SS. If this car is above 4K rpm's it moves pretty damn good!!!

Faceme

MOCJ JAPAN
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, Jeep Patriot limited
I think the thread title is worded wrong. The %'s provided suggest the thread should be titled, "the mustang gt is faster than what percent of the cars on the road." Probably 95%

Last edited:

Sponsored

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
If you partake in part throttle DD stop light racing or do not go over 2-3k rpm because you can't do that when you DD then many cars have the possibility of being faster.

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
I doubt 1% of the cars on the road can run a 12 sec pass let alone a 11 sec one!

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4
Guess you(OP) think the mustang is slower than most mini vans...
Sponsored