"Minor" scratches on bumper fix

EJS2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT Premium, 6A, 3.55 / '08 GT
The detailer would have to be a magician.
Appears to needs removal/repair/repaint.
Ballpark...$1000.00

Drek08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
'17 mustang GT PP
The detailer would have to be a magician.
Appears to needs removal/repair/repaint.
Ballpark...$1000.00
To me it looks like scuffs, which can be repaired by professional detailer. Lille I said I'd do it for $100

OP
OP

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
There is some chips in it as well and two places where the paint was pealed back. Now the sun is out I can get a better pic.

Would you guys had call the cops on the guy for a police report or just take pictures and get his information like I did? I feel a little exposed with no police report but I figured it would had been a waste if the cop didn't want to do the paper work for a few scratches .

Sponsored

Dsquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP LB
How hard were you hit? I only ask because someone recently rolled into me at about 5 mph, if that. Damage looked superficial, though a slight crease horizontally in bumper, took it in to be repaired and I insisted on a new bumper which was going to run $1400. When they removed the bumper they found other damage underneath, which I witnessed for myself. In the end it was a $2400 repair, fortunately I didn't have to pay for it. BTW, I'm in NJ as well.

OP
OP

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
That basically describes my case. He rolled into me thinking I left from a full stop. It was hard to rationalize to myself what he was thinking at a time other than completely going brain dead. He was driving a car with a nose lower than my license plate. Really most of the damage was on the lower diffuser panel and not really the bumper. No indent or crease but just scrape marks I tried to get out using compound.

Drek08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
'17 mustang GT PP
That basically describes my case. He rolled into me thinking I left from a full stop. It was hard to rationalize to myself what he was thinking at a time other than completely going brain dead. He was driving a car with a nose lower than my license plate. Really most of the damage was on the lower diffuser panel and not really the bumper. No indent or crease but just scrape marks I tried to get out using compound.
Wet sand with 1000, 2000, then 3000 grit then buff with compound

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Try a polish see if you can buff out the scuff marks first.

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
How hard were you hit? I only ask because someone recently rolled into me at about 5 mph, if that. Damage looked superficial, though a slight crease horizontally in bumper, took it in to be repaired and I insisted on a new bumper which was going to run $1400. When they removed the bumper they found other damage underneath, which I witnessed for myself. In the end it was a $2400 repair, fortunately I didn't have to pay for it. BTW, I'm in NJ as well.
I had someone swipe the back of my car in a parking lot. Long horizontal crease, two little bumps in the bumper which i assume is from it hitting some structure behind the bumper, and two spots with deep digs in the paint where touch up looks very mehh.

Though in my case the person never stopped and the store owner refused to look at his cameras that were right on my car.
Sponsored