Sponsored

Official Tesla-Style Head Unit

RVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Premium
@PatrickHenninger , I have been trying to explain the supplier that the USB cable he sent won't work in the Premium model, but he doesn't seem to get it. Could you try explaining it to him? Premium models only have ONE USB cable coming from the car, and physically it does not fit either of the connections on the brown-connector cable he sent (the notch is on the wrong side and/or the portrusion prevents you from inserting it).

Also, he mentioned he will send YOU the Premium cable(s) I need, not directly to me. Let me know how much shipping is for those and I will PayPal it to you.

@Legionofone , you mentioned you had a Premium too, I think? Did you get a USB Y-splitter with your cables? If so, do you have a picture of it?

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Oxford White
@PatrickHenninger , I have been trying to explain the supplier that the USB cable he sent won't work in the Premium model, but he doesn't seem to get it. Could you try explaining it to him? Premium models only have ONE USB cable coming from the car, and physically it does not fit either of the connections on the brown-connector cable he sent (the notch is on the wrong side and/or the portrusion prevents you from inserting it).

Also, he mentioned he will send YOU the Premium cable(s) I need, not directly to me. Let me know how much shipping is for those and I will PayPal it to you.

@Legionofone , you mentioned you had a Premium too, I think? Did you get a USB Y-splitter with your cables? If so, do you have a picture of it?
he doesn't understand what "Premium" or "Sync" means. As far as he's concerned, it's Mustang" and "Mustang High" model. He's sending me a pack of cables, which should be enough for 4 people. As soon as I get them in, I'll send them out.

RVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
he doesn't understand what "Premium" or "Sync" means. As far as he's concerned, it's Mustang" and "Mustang High" model. He's sending me a pack of cables, which should be enough for 4 people. As soon as I get them in, I'll send them out.
I tried explaining him with High/Lo as well, but I'm not sure he gets it. He keeps saying he doesn't send USB cables and that I need to use the USB cables in my car, but he fails to understand I need a cable to go into his unit for my SINGLE USB cable in the car.

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I tried explaining him with High/Lo as well, but I'm not sure he gets it. He keeps saying he doesn't send USB cables and that I need to use the USB cables in my car, but he fails to understand I need a cable to go into his unit for my SINGLE USB cable in the car.
I think he knows what you need, he just doesn't understand what you're asking. For him, USB cables are the ones that he sent me separately. I should have the parts in a few days, I'll send you pics for reference, and the Wiki.

Someone on here didn't get the little black box for backup sensors, and I can't remember who that was!

Sponsored

RVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think he knows what you need, he just doesn't understand what you're asking. For him, USB cables are the ones that he sent me separately. I should have the parts in a few days, I'll send you pics for reference, and the Wiki.
Thanks, I hope he'll send all the cables we need :) Would be great to have the pics for the wiki, but I can also take them (have to take pics of the Premium install differences anyway).

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, I hope he'll send all the cables we need :) Would be great to have the pics for the wiki, but I can also take them (have to take pics of the Premium install differences anyway).

When I told him I had 3 people with the "Mustang Hi" model, he replied [sic] "oh.my.god. they need the different wires for the mustang high model. I send to you 4. DHL be there fast from china."

RVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When I told him I had 3 people with the "Mustang Hi" model, he replied [sic] "oh.my.god. they need the different wires for the mustang high model. I send to you 4. DHL be there fast from china."
Hehe, I also sent him a photo of all the cables I had, so I hope he gets it. We'll find out soon enough I guess.

mikeyggg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 ford fusion
Missing Some of the harnesses

does anyone know where i can order these 3 products from.
i am missing the camera integration box and harness for a 4.2" display plug the 4 preout rca harness & the sub-woofer preout rca harness. any help would really be appreciated.

thank you

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
does anyone know where i can order these 3 products from.
i am missing the camera integration box and harness for a 4.2" display plug the 4 preout rca harness & the sub-woofer preout rca harness. any help would really be appreciated.

thank you
Where did you get your unit from?

Sponsored

mikeyggg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 ford fusion
alibaba
i tried for over an hour to get them to send missing harnesses all i got was "everything was shipped" "just plug in everything should work" "yes" "no instructions" "check again" repeated over and over.

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
alibaba
i tried for over an hour to get them to send missing harnesses all i got was "everything was shipped" "just plug in everything should work" "yes" "no instructions" "check again" repeated over and over.
Wish I could help, but I don't have any of those parts extra. If my supplier sends me more stuff later, I can request it.

WavnAtCha

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howie
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang EcoBoost Premium High Performance Package Outlaw #028
Vehicle Showcase
Easy Connect iPhone

Does anybody have step-by-step instructions for the Phone Link option. Do I need an app on my iPhone? What the heck is "MOB"?

I found two videos on YouTube, but I don't understand the words that are coming out of their mouths:

and

RVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does anybody have step-by-step instructions for the Phone Link option. Do I need an app on my iPhone? What the heck is "MOB"?

I found two videos on YouTube, but I don't understand the words that are coming out of their mouths:

and
That second video seems very clear to me.

1. Turn on hotspot on your iPhone and connect the head unit to it
  2. Launch EasyConnect on the head unit
  3. Connect to the head unit using AirPlay
  4. ???
  5. Profit
Sponsored