oesman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dmitry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Seems like mine is hard code to 4 as well
Yea its interesting. Note that this is still irrelevant of the fuel conditions you may be seeing. Meaning if there is a limit and its lifted it wont fix your condition if your condition is fuel related. It may just pull even more timing if anything ;-). Now that Ive fixed the fuel on mine its adding 4 instead which is great.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Yea its interesting. Note that this is still irrelevant of the fuel conditions you may be seeing. Meaning if there is a limit and its lifted it wont fix your condition if your condition is fuel related. It may just pull even more timing if anything ;-). Now that Ive fixed the fuel on mine its adding 4 instead which is great.
Truth, I can set it at 18 if you would like... LOL.
You will just end up with "0" at that point, if your fuel is garbage. LOL.

14 degrees is SOFT for something with that low of boost.

62ecoboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
62 Ford Falcon
Your logs are way too long. Hit start, punch it, let off and hit stop. is that all the parameters your logging? There is a lot of vital info not being obtained. Here's your log in Livelink. (it can be used for other tuners as long as the file is csv)and yes its pulling timing.

Untitled.jpg

Here's all the stuff we log with a wot pull

Untitled11.jpg

Sponsored

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Just realize ProChargerTECH lowkey called me a retard :brokenheart:
I mean.... "knock retard".... Not "knock" retard LOL.

Major difference. LOL. Seriously I was just calling it by the technical term, not implying your mental prowess. LOL.

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Question to anyone. I just installed the Stage 2 with the nGauge also. Wondering about data logging. Are these the parameters already set in the nGauge so that its logging the right things? Just curious if I have to select them somehow? Sorry if that's a dumb question, just a noobie.

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
Question to anyone. I just installed the Stage 2 with the nGauge also. Wondering about data logging. Are these the parameters already set in the nGauge so that its logging the right things? Just curious if I have to select them somehow? Sorry if that's a dumb question, just a noobie.
If you go to the data logging view a full spreadsheet will dump out all the data you can think of that the car is monitoring. That is all you need.

If you are in the gauges mode and initiate a log, it will only log the data on the screen.

In the full data logging mode there really isn't much else you need to use to tune. There are SLS ways other niceties but otherwise the normal data log will pull everything needed. And yes all the field are Pre set

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
If you go to the data logging view a full spreadsheet will dump out all the data you can think of that the car is monitoring. That is all you need.

If you are in the gauges mode and initiate a log, it will only log the data on the screen.

In the full data logging mode there really isn't much else you need to use to tune. There are SLS ways other niceties but otherwise the normal data log will pull everything needed. And yes all the field are Pre set
Thanks. I take it that was under the diagnostics and then data logging button. was in the car last night with the gauge hooked up, but car not running,but accessories on and didn't see a logging option. Guessing it was because my he car was off. I'll give it a go today. I did see under gauges I could select one and see a log getting generated, but was half guessing it was only recoding that gauge. Thank you.

Forgot oesman's post #14 up above, those directions is how I ended up logging. Thanks.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hey can someone interpret these for me? Pretty short logs. Up a street from a stop I think into 3rd gear, then then back before hitting a light. Hope there is enough data to tell something.

I'll send to procharger, but it's the weekend and I just want to know the engine is being treated nice, lol.

Can someone tell me anything? Want me to take longer runs?
Thanks.

Attachments

OP
OP
oesman

oesman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dmitry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Hey can someone interpret these for me? Pretty short logs. Up a street from a stop I think into 3rd gear, then then back before hitting a light. Hope there is enough data to tell something.

I'll send to procharger, but it's the weekend and I just want to know the engine is being treated nice, lol.

Can someone tell me anything? Want me to take longer runs?
Thanks.
I took a look, however you're missing some data points I'd like to see. You should log KNOCKR, lambda 1 & 2 or AFR 1 & 2, and finally throttle command. However looking at the log it seems like it is pulling a lot of timing.

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I took a look, however you're missing some data points I'd like to see. You should log KNOCKR, lambda 1 & 2 or AFR 1 & 2, and finally throttle command. However looking at the log it seems like it is pulling a lot of timing.

I was just coming back to edit my post. So I am opening your file compared to mine and saw those missing parameters. I am unsure how to add these to the ngauge as something to record. What was captured was I guess the default from me clicking on the gauge screen and starting a log. Any insight on that?

Oh yeah, thanks a lot for looking. I saw the + values in the SPARKADV and - in LTFT1(%) and didn't know what to make of those.

OP
OP
oesman

oesman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dmitry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I was just coming back to edit my post. So I am opening your file compared to mine and saw those missing parameters. I am unsure how to add these to the ngauge as something to record. What was captured was I guess the default from me clicking on the gauge screen and starting a log. Any insight on that?

Oh yeah, thanks a lot for looking. I saw the + values in the SPARKADV and - in LTFT1(%) and didn't know what to make of those.

If you're just using the gauge mode you can just add those missing ones by setting them as gauges and then logging. Just keep RPM, add KNOCKR and and throttle command. If those are missing from the options, you can rescan to get them.

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
If you're just using the gauge mode you can just add those missing ones by setting them as gauges and then logging. Just keep RPM, add KNOCKR and and throttle command. If those are missing from the options, you can rescan to get them.
Not sure if you want me to keep asking these questions in your thread or not, but one more, then I can create my own thread if it makes more sense. Seems like you've been giving me more than my fair share of help. So I found some nGauge instructions finally. I was looking the last few nights and found odds and ins, but am attaching a set that might help someone down the road.

Thanks, that rescan comment is what it took. I have it setup, probably with some extra ones that are maybe unnecessary.

SPARK#1(Deg) vs. SPARK(*BTDC) vs. SPARKADV(*TDC)

THROTTLE_CMD(%) vs. TP(%) vs. TP_B(%) vs. TP_R(%) (I think these were "absolute and Relative and one other)

Now I just have to take it for a ride. Hoping your pulling a lot of timing comment above isn't too extreme? Thanks again. Let me know if you are sick of me in your thread?
Sponsored

Attachments