OP
OP
Doctor Fishtail

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I thought we had forged rods already..... I thought the pistons were the only thing not forged...?
They are forged. But there are stronger H-Beams and much stronger I-Beams. Honestly it is very rare for a rod to fail. It is usually the hardware holding it together.
Sponsored

RSKTAKR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I found out from a vendor last week that the new 2.6 TVS (2650) will be coming out also.. I don't think it was going to be available until fall this year maybe though? Then the prices will drop on all the 2.3 TVS;s.. including the Gen II-r's

BruceStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
I will have a Gen 2R for sale come this fall!

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
I found out from a vendor last week that the new 2.6 TVS (2650) will be coming out also.. I don't think it was going to be available until fall this year maybe though? Then the prices will drop on all the 2.3 TVS;s.. including the Gen II-r's
Who says the price will fall on the 2.3? I bet they just have a higher price on the 2.6. That seems to be what ProCharger is doing with the P1X/D1X line.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Ruby Red
...we've got some things coming, don't you worry about that!
What if we do want to worry about it? :)

Anything you want to share? Anything you don't want to share but would give up if we shined a bright light in your face and spoke with a heavy accent?

Looking forward to more details about both the Roush/Eaton and the Whipple. Meanwhile other things are slowly being upgraded to handle way more power than I have any practical need for.

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Whippled Competition Orange
People keep stating his but ask anyone that has done both and they will tell you they are nearly identical.

And by the way, we've got some things coming, don't you worry about that!
oooo weeee hope us 2.9 guys can upgrade soon :D:D:D

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
What if we do want to worry about it? :)

Anything you want to share? Anything you don't want to share but would give up if we shined a bright light in your face and spoke with a heavy accent?

Looking forward to more details about both the Roush/Eaton and the Whipple. Meanwhile other things are slowly being upgraded to handle way more power than I have any practical need for.
Maybe if I had a bright light shined on my face lol

All I can say is that we've been developing something that will take the power ranges to an entirely new level. Updates will be coming soon.

doodguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 1 Supercharged Mustang GT
Maybe if I had a bright light shined on my face lol

All I can say is that we've been developing something that will take the power ranges to an entirely new level. Updates will be coming soon.
Over 900 wheel? I'm currently maxing out and pulling my hair out trying to get to 1,000 (20% OD and 3.0 Upper)

OP
OP
Doctor Fishtail

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
People keep stating his but ask anyone that has done both and they will tell you they are nearly identical.

And by the way, we've got some things coming, don't you worry about that!
Nearly identical? Not even close. :lol: Pull up some Roush/VMP dyno sheets and lets get busy with your dyno sheets. The reason I did not buy a Whipple is exactly this reason. I will have to open a app that will let me post pics here and I don't have one at the moment. Does anybody know what app to use to post pics or videos?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Doctor Fishtail

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Over 900 wheel? I'm currently maxing out and pulling my hair out trying to get to 1,000 (20% OD and 3.0 Upper)
Can you post a dyno sheet? Would love to see peak TQ on this.

doodguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can you post a dyno sheet? Would love to see peak TQ on this.
making 797 peak tq 880rwhp. These #'s are SAE with 5% smoothing.

I dont have a pic of last dyno was more worried about figuring how to hit 1,000 rwhp. Was just using dyno for tuning.

OP
OP
Doctor Fishtail

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
making 797 peak tq 880rwhp. These #'s are SAE with 5% smoothing.

I dont have a pic of last dyno was more worried about figuring how to hit 1,000 rwhp. Was just using dyno for tuning.
Damn. Now that is the most impressive TQ I have seen from a Whipple. But you are insane with your build. LOL. 99% of dyno sheets from Whipple blowers are way lower than that. I will say that the TQ seems to flatline with whipple compared to the Roush/VMP falling off in higher RPMs.

doodguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Damn. Now that is the most impressive TQ I have seen from a Whipple. But you are insane with your build. LOL. 99% of dyno sheets from Whipple blowers are way lower than that. I will say that the TQ seems to flatline with whipple compared to the Roush/VMP falling off in higher RPMs.
I agree TQ flatlines with whipple, but what I've noticed is it will be like 75% peak down at 2200ish RPM and then climb like crazy. by 4k hit max tq. So while its flat, it hits hard and stays there. Here's a dyno graph of mine with different tune/3.3 pulley. I'm figuring out 3.0 pulley now, and hopefully cams soon.
dyno.jpg

OP
OP
Doctor Fishtail

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I agree TQ flatlines with whipple, but what I've noticed is it will be like 75% peak down at 2200ish RPM and then climb like crazy. by 4k hit max tq. So while its flat, it hits hard and stays there. Here's a dyno graph of mine with different tune/3.3 pulley. I'm figuring out 3.0 pulley now, and hopefully cams soon.
Ah yea. That graph shows the TQ falling off as well. Just like the Roush/VMP. Saw a whipple dyno graph the other day where it flat lined TQ all the way to redline.
Sponsored