Sponsored

Inflated prices for Black Friday?

cop on my back

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I have been looking at getting a car cover on AM and today I noticed the sale price is based off of a price that is higher than what I looked at a few weeks ago. I also noticed the price of a McLeod RST clutch is over $800 regular price, I paid full price of $700 and change less than a year ago.

Tell me I am dreaming and AM wouldn't inflate prices to make it all sound like tomorrow is a great deal???
Sponsored

smann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Prices are always inflated on sale days to make it look like theres a big discount lol.
Unless your a doorcrasher and you buy something that only has limited stock, you won't really find a discount.

No company will take a hit on profits just because it's 'black friday'

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Amazon does the same thing. Display I've been looking at for $00 for about 6 months jumped to $600 then got listed as having $150 off... which is still a $50 markup.

lsiunsuex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mario
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible Premium
http://thechive.com/2014/12/04/this-is-target-manager-gives-motivational-black-friday-speech-video/

Was trying to find the article from the other day about how black friday is garbage and everything is inflated or last year's model but came across this instead. Just as good, lol...

Parts wise - a part is a part. A sway bar, tires, bushing, whatever - unless something new comes, once a part is developed, it's sold for years.

Wife approved me getting new rims / tires for myself for Christmas - For Steeda I THINK, the price looks the same to me - same sale also - they were on sale last time I looked as well (couple weeks ago) - so, doesn't matter in this case. Just hope someone helps me with my question before I order today / tomorrow... Don't need 2 grand in tires / rims if they won't fit, lol...

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Two more days designed to separate you from your hard earned money.

Sponsored

7500RPM_Ben

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.innovativeautodetailing.com
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2013 Grabber Blue Boss 302 #1312
Haha yes this has been happening for years! That and they ask outlandish prices to start with.

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Exactly why I don't buy until I need it and have the $$ for it. The prices are always fluid and they flat lie and deceive the buyer. It would be great if they just charged what they needed to pay to make the item and then enough to make a living and nothing more. But GREED is what drives prices.

SR56

Threads
Reaction score
Website
seanrooney.realtor
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I keep track of pricing on things I want then buy when I can get the best deal. Amazon prices fluctuate constantly. I keep a bunch of stuff in my cart and every time I check in I get a pop up telling me prices have changed. I just hit a great deal for 136.99 on something I'd been watching for months and has ranged from 179 to 199.

As far as AM goes, I'm thinking they have some shady business practices. I put a review on their site and it wasn't posted. I think they remove any negative reviews, and I've known others it's happened to. If you don't leave a 4 or 5 star they'll likely delete it.

I'd make sure to pay attention to what something goes for on a regular basis and ensure that discount is really giving you something.

entaiiie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' GT
this is an extremely common retailer tactic.

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Is your own salary reflective of that thought process? Im bettn not. I dont agree with that type of marketing, but the reality is its extremely expensive to run any type of business, let alone retail sales.

Exactly why I don't buy until I need it and have the $$ for it. The prices are always fluid and they flat lie and deceive the buyer. It would be great if they just charged what they needed to pay to make the item and then enough to make a living and nothing more. But GREED is what drives prices.

7500RPM_Ben

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.innovativeautodetailing.com
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2013 Grabber Blue Boss 302 #1312
What is crazy is that a few years ago deals were great, now almost everything is 5% to 20% off. It may be expensive to run retail sales, at least cut us an at cost plus 10% or something on Black Friday and Cyber Monday.

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Yup, AM did hike up the 'regular retail price' on many of their items to make it seem like you are getting a bigger discount than you actually are.

I had an item in my shopping cart for weeks, at $320. Now they are selling it at $299 SAVE $100 OFF normal retail of $399....Errrrrr....no, $320 is the normal price.

Shady but thats the market with many vendors.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
I was able to get a APR GTC drag wing for $618 shipped from a non mustang parts vendor that has good relations with APR. That is as cheap as I have ever seen one go for. It was actually from a BRZ/GT86 vendor. Cheapest I found on a mustang vendor site, or by contacting a vendor directly was $675 shipped.

FIVE_LITER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Competition Orange
As far as AM goes, I'm thinking they have some shady business practices. I put a review on their site and it wasn't posted. I think they remove any negative reviews, and I've known others it's happened to. If you don't leave a 4 or 5 star they'll likely delete it.

Yeah, they send you emails begging for a review and then don't post the honest ones.

Left a review on the racestar lugs I bought a couple months ago, gave it 4 stars just talked about the cheap Chinese finish flaking off during the first use. Review never to be seen.
Sponsored