OP
OP
2015Etrac

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
It does really well. It's most definitely tire-limited. Some 305 square RE71Rs and I'd be flying. The suspension is plenty capable of extremely good PAX classification. The PP rear bar is an upgrade you won't really feel on the street, but is noticeable when you push the car hard (like autocross). I will probably upgrade to the GT350R bars at some point as well, as they are very little ride penalty but will improve roll control quite a bit.

The things (that I already own) on my install list are:
- Bearing-equipped front control arms (all four), the front upper arms with the J&M spherical bearings that I won, and the rear lower arms being the PP arms.
- BMR TCA048 Vertical Links

I'm moving into a house next week (finally!), so after that I'll have a lot more flexibility to try new parts.
I just realized that my setup is similar to yours because most of my suspension questions over the past year or so has been answered by you. lol

Nice, I really need to get a place with a garage. Luckily my brother-in-law is a mechanic and has use of his shop, which makes working on the car much easier. Now, keeping the car clean without a garage is another story, I spend a fortune on cleaning products and a ton of time washing it.

Has anyone priced out the GT350R bars yet? I thought I seen it was like $200 or so for the pair. Also, I'll probably go to a 295/35/19 tire eventually. I'd like to try the Michelin Pilot 4s that come on the new models, but I'm still paying for the all seasons I just put on, so I'll be running them for at least another year or so. I actually like the Michelin Pilot A/S 3+ tires I'm running now, more than the stock summer Pirelli's, even in warm weather.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I just realized that my setup is similar to yours because most of my suspension questions over the past year or so has been answered by you. lol

Nice, I really need to get a place with a garage. Luckily my brother-in-law is a mechanic and has use of his shop, which makes working on the car much easier. Now, keeping the car clean without a garage is another story, I spend a fortune on cleaning products and a ton of time washing it.

Has anyone priced out the GT350R bars yet? I thought I seen it was like $200 or so for the pair. Also, I'll probably go to a 295/35/19 tire eventually. I'd like to try the Michelin Pilot 4s that come on the new models, but I'm still paying for the all seasons I just put on, so I'll be running them for at least another year or so. I actually like the Michelin Pilot A/S 3+ tires I'm running now, more than the stock summer Pirelli's, even in warm weather.
If you plan on tracking the car and get serious about it, another set of wheels with more focused track tires is a good idea. That way you don't have to compromise street usability to get the grip and track durability you want. It can get pricey very fast! Apex wheels would be my go-to for a wide wheel that's affordable and light. In the meantime, what you have is more than good enough to get a feel for the car and to have fun.

I have a second set of my wheels that I'll be putting some RE71Rs onto, 285/35R19 all around.