Sponsored

Steeda Fixed Valved Pro-Action Shocks & Struts (2015-2019)

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Hello All:

Steeda Autosports is happy to announce the release of our Fixed Valve Steeda Pro-Action Shocks & Struts.

The Pro-Action Shocks & Struts are a cost effective alternative to adjustable shocks and struts.

steeda-mustang-s550-pro-action-shocks-struts-kit-555-8157-00_nh6c-1s.jpg

Steeda's Pro-Action shocks and struts were engineered by Steeda and manufactured to provide the ultimate in ride quality and handling while exceeded OE standards for durability and build quality.

The Pro Action shocks and struts come with a limited lifetime warranty against manufacturing defects and are perfect for daily street driving or open track use:

Better handling with exceptional ride quality
- Properly valved for your Mustang
- Great for street and track action!

http://www.steeda.com/steeda-pro-action-shocks-and-struts-for-s550-non-adjustable-en/

Please reach out to me at [email protected] if I can help answer any questions or provide additional support.

Best Regards,

TJ
Sponsored

Last edited:

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
How would you say these compare to the PP shocks & struts or the base gt350 struts?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Yes...much info needed on where these sit vs. the PP shocks, the FRPP track handling shocks and the GT350 front struts (rears won't fit anything but the Shelby control arms).

Iceman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 F150,2016 PP GT
Yes...much info needed on where these sit vs. the PP shocks, the FRPP track handling shocks and the GT350 front struts (rears won't fit anything but the Shelby control arms).
agreed, I'm very intrigued about these.

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
agreed, I'm very intrigued about these.
They have more control on compression with a quicker rebound. taking the bunny hop out of the expansion joints on the freeway.

We will have the fixed valve GT-350 dampers on the shock dyno next week.

keep you posted!

Steeda Tech

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
They have more control on compression with a quicker rebound. taking the bunny hop out of the expansion joints on the freeway.

keep you posted!

Steeda Tech
By quicker do you mean higher force at lower velocities? A curve vs. the PP dampers (and GT350 when you get that) would be great.

EricSMG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/PP, 2004 BMW M3 Coupe

keep you posted!

Steeda Tech
Okay - so you guys DO have a shock dyno. That means you have shock dynos of your Pro Action and Fixed dampers.

I would like to see these, please.

RonStang6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Oxford White Auto
Are the Fixed Valve Pro-Action Shocks & Struts intended to be a direct replacement for the OEM shocks & struts with the OEM springs only? If so on which S550 Mustangs? The reason I asked this is it seems like your saying that one replacement set of Fixed Valve Pro-Action Shocks & Struts will fit all of the different S550 Mustangs, the GT, Ecoboost, and V6 and the Performance Package versions of each. All of these versions have different springs so how can one set shock valve settings for compression and rebound work equally well for all versions of the S550 Mustang? I was just wondering because I just put the adjustable Pro-Action Shocks & Struts on 2016 GT Premium and it took me about 8 different cycles of adjustment moving the rebound adjustment 1/8 turn at a time with a test drive with each adjustment to find the best ride comfort setting. And I was just trying to get the most comfortable ride that I would accept. And acceptable ride comfort is probably different for every person who is reading this so can one setting work for all Mustangs these shocks & struts intended to be installed on. Personally I don't think I would want to give up the adjustability to save a few hundred dollars. Just my opinion for what it worth. By the way I think the Adjustable Pro-Action Shocks & Struts are a huge improvement over the OEM shocks & Struts. I will be adding another review segment to the Steeds Adjustable Shocks & Struts thread in the next few days. I have one more 200 mile road trip I want to make before I write that review. http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56302

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Are the Fixed Valve Pro-Action Shocks & Struts intended to be a direct replacement for the OEM shocks & struts with the OEM springs only? If so on which S550 Mustangs? The reason I asked this is it seems like your saying that one replacement set of Fixed Valve Pro-Action Shocks & Struts will fit all of the different S550 Mustangs, the GT, Ecoboost, and V6 and the Performance Package versions of each. All of these versions have different springs so how can one set shock valve settings for compression and rebound work equally well for all versions of the S550 Mustang? I was just wondering because I just put the adjustable Pro-Action Shocks & Struts on 2016 GT Premium and it took me about 8 different cycles of adjustment moving the rebound adjustment 1/8 turn at a time with a test drive with each adjustment to find the best ride comfort setting. And I was just trying to get the most comfortable ride that I would accept. And acceptable ride comfort is probably different for every person who is reading this so can one setting work for all Mustangs these shocks & struts intended to be installed on. Personally I don't think I would want to give up the adjustability to save a few hundred dollars. Just my opinion for what it worth. By the way I think the Adjustable Pro-Action Shocks & Struts are a huge improvement over the OEM shocks & Struts. I will be adding another review segment to the Steeds Adjustable Shocks & Struts thread in the next few days. I have one more 200 mile road trip I want to make before I write that review. http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56302
The Pro-Action adjustable shocks are the only way to go to tune to different spring rates and surface conditions.

The fixed valve Pro-Action has about 10% more control than the P/P
shocks, with a re-curved rebound to improve ride quality. They were designed for the non P/P cars that upgrade to aftermarket performance street springs.

Looking forward to your review,

Thanks,

Steeda Tech

RonStang6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Oxford White Auto
The Pro-Action adjustable shocks are the only way to go to tune to different spring rates and surface conditions.

shocks, with a re-curved rebound to improve ride quality. They were designed for the non P/P cars that upgrade to aftermarket performance street springs.

Thanks,

Steeda Tech
Thank you for the additional information which potential buyers should be aware of when considering the purchase of Fixed Valve Pro-Action Shocks & Struts.

Sponsored

OHStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rod
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT and 1965 Coupe
Steeda - These new non-adjustable shocks will also work with stock springs/height; correct?

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Steeda - These new non-adjustable shocks will also work with stock springs/height; correct?
Yes, it will, with a much firmer ride. It would be best to match them up with a set of progressive or linear Steeda springs.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Thanks,

Steeda Tech
So to be clear, do you feel this is not really a worthwhile upgrade for those with PP dampers? I'd like to know how they compare to the FRPP track handling dampers on a F vs V curve as that is the primary competitor for a fixed valving package and is in the same ballpark on price.

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
So to be clear, do you feel this is not really a worthwhile upgrade for those with PP dampers? I'd like to know how they compare to the FRPP track handling dampers on a F vs V curve as that is the primary competitor for a fixed valving package and is in the same ballpark on price.
Yes, they are a upgrade to the P/P shocks, my post did not convey that, I apologize.

I requested the dyno curves and would like to discuss this in person on the phone late next week with you. I should have the Gt350 next week too. I'm getting flack from management on releasing the curves on the forum. I'm sure you understand. I know for a fact that he p/p and ford performance are very close. I will have the graphs on the p/p and ford performance early next week to share with you privately.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, they are a upgrade to the P/P shocks, my post did not convey that, I apologize.

I requested the dyno curves and would like to discuss this in person on the phone late next week with you. I should have the Gt350 next week too. I'm getting flack from management on releasing the curves on the forum. I'm sure you understand. I know for a fact that he p/p and ford performance are very close. I will have the graphs on the p/p and ford performance early next week to share with you privately.
Thanks. Hopefully they tested the right FRPP shocks. The ones from the Street handling pack are identical to the PP shocks, and the Track handling shocks are reported to be a noticeable upgrade over the PP.
Sponsored