Sideways
let this be a lesson to you :) don't go to football spare the car the hardship
Sponsored

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Car alarms don't deter opportunist thrives like this. You can reduce chances of being broken into by not leaving anything on display. If you're in a row of cars and one has laptop, wallet, coats or even just a plastic bag on the seat, which do you think they'll go for first.

As regards disabling the alarm. Can't quite remember if it just st sounds the horn on the mustang, but if so, that's located low down behind the front bumper, so easiest way without any tech would be just to cut the wires to it.

OP
OP
SpArKy

SpArKy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Car alarms don't deter opportunist thrives like this. You can reduce chances of being broken into by not leaving anything on display. If you're in a row of cars and one has laptop, wallet, coats or even just a plastic bag on the seat, which do you think they'll go for first.
very true, but i'd have thought that it would have reduced 8 people from having their weeks ruined to just the 1.... :shrug:

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT
Too lazy to read the manual (and can't 'cos I'm on holiday - so valid excuse).

When I lock my Mustang, I always hit the button on the key fob twice (out of habit from several previous other cars - 1 press = lock, 2 presses = deadlock) and the lights flash twice.

If I do this on my business car (a Skoda Rapid) 1 press = lock, 2 presses = lock/disable interior monitor (as I understand).

Whats the difference between 1 press and 2 presses on the key fob of the Mustang... is the second a deadlock feature or does it disable something?

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
think its a deadlock same as if you use the wireless tab on handle too one push sounds like it locks it then 2nd push sounds different almost like a secondary bolt going into place.

I know the missus's focus is 2nd push is deadlock so assume mustang is the same but in all honesty i haven't read the manual (not even sure where mine is)

Sponsored

OP
OP
SpArKy

SpArKy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
think its a deadlock same as if you use the wireless tab on handle too one push sounds like it locks it then 2nd push sounds different almost like a secondary bolt going into place.

I know the missus's focus is 2nd push is deadlock so assume mustang is the same but in all honesty i haven't read the manual (not even sure where mine is)
the manual says that if you press it twice, it can no longer be opened from the inside.

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
the manual says that if you press it twice, it can no longer be opened from the inside.
Yep...deadlocked...

It's if someone breaks a window, they still can't open the door:)

OP
OP
SpArKy

SpArKy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Yep...deadlocked...

It's if someone breaks a window, they still can't open the door:)
learn something new every day. would you not think that would be the default though? it's not clear what pressing it 3 or 4 times does though? does it undo the deadlock, or do nothing more? i normally press it a few times for some bizarre reason.

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
learn something new every day. would you not think that would be the default though? it's not clear what pressing it 3 or 4 times does though? does it undo the deadlock, or do nothing more? i normally press it a few times for some bizarre reason.
Pretty sure once it's deadlocked, even pressing the button again makes no difference.. it stays deadlocked...:)

My Jeep has an interesting system, press 1 lock, press 2 deadlock, press 3 switches off internal sensors.... (so I can leave the dogs in the car and they won't set the alarm off):thumbsup:

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
hah ford transit van has an "interesting" alarm.....

press once armed.
press twice it unlocks and unalarms sliding door :)

so my ocd that forces me to press it twice I always leave the door unlocked

Sponsored

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT
would you not think that would be the default though?
No doubt a safety feature in case of accidents, which probably only allows initial lock (from the internal lock button) when driving so it can't be deadlocked and trap the occupants in the car... not that we have a reputation for stacking these things of course :kickrock: !