Sponsored

Group Buy: Steeda Billet Rear Shock Mounts (top mounts)

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
As you'll have seen the lathing wizard that is [MENTION=14758]Lou[/MENTION]sternige as created some pedders adapters for the Steeda top mounts. Brilliant as he is, we still as part of this need the steeda top mounts.

I've spoken to Robbie from Steeda UK and agreed the following discounts/etc for the Topmounts.
15+ orders - 5% off, free shipping
25+ orders - 10% off, free shipping

I've noted a bunch of names below who said they were interested from the coilover thread and linked to this thread from the coilovers thread.

If you'd like a set of top mounts, please reply below, I'll add you to the list. and hopefully, we can get steeda a lot of buyers, and subsequently ourselves a discount :)!

Could you also please let me know whether you have stock dampeners, KW, Pedders or other coilover variants. If you just have lowering springs, you're on stock dampeners.

https://www.steeda.co.uk/steeda-s550-mustang-billet-rear-shock-mount-c2x21234970

List:
  1. [MENTION=20131]Manders Mustang[/MENTION] - Pedders
  2. Benn Laidler (FB) - Stock
  3. [MENTION=26439]hinch[/MENTION] - Stock
Sponsored

Last edited:

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
yep i'll take a set 10mm standard ones for stock dampers for now as I'm just on springs won't be getting coilovers until new year so will just have standards and then nige's adaptors sat ready.

tbh though i'm considering ordering them from steeda america they're cheaper already
https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-mustang-billet-rear-shock-mount-10mm-rear-shocks-555-8151.html

think robbie needs to look at his pricing again :)
Wonder what shipping and taxes etc would be on it? I've got about $110 shipping credit in my stackry account :doh:

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
Wonder what shipping and taxes etc would be on it? I've got about $110 shipping credit in my stackry account :doh:
not enough to make it up to the price of the mounts purchased to steed uk even with their discount you'd still be 20-30 in pocket buying from the states

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
not enough to make it up to the price of the mounts purchased to steed uk even with their discount you'd still be 20-30 in pocket buying from the states
You have my cheapass mind considering this now :lol:.

End of the day a business does have to make profit. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
its crazy they're selling them for more over here than they are in the states even factoring in shipping and duties i'm sure robbie can do better on his pricing a good deal would be sub 200 delivered for the base mounts.

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
its crazy they're selling them for more over here than they are in the states even factoring in shipping and duties i'm sure robbie can do better on his pricing a good deal would be sub 200 delivered for the base mounts.
I agree. I personally think offering a 5% discount on an order of 15+ is a bit, well, scringy??

Why don't you approach Steeda US for a group buy price [MENTION=20131]Manders Mustang[/MENTION]? I would buy the standard 10mm kit as you will then be able to sell it on if needs be.

The kits will be ready this week, I will have four sets available to those interested, unless of course you've changed your minds??

Langburger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver GT Manual
I agree. I personally think offering a 5% discount on an order of 15+ is a bit, well, scringy??

Why don't you approach Steeda US for a group buy price [MENTION=20131]Manders Mustang[/MENTION]?

The kits will be ready this week, I will have four sets available to those interested, unless of course you've changed your minds??
I am still there Nige
Cheers
Nick

WOLFMAN

wolfman
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stewart
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang fast back 5.0 V8

Why don't you approach Steeda US for a group buy price [MENTION=20131]Manders Mustang[/MENTION]? I would buy the standard 10mm kit as you will then be able to sell it on if needs be.

Hi Nige I am still interested and have my Steeda mounts ready and waiting for your kit. Thanks:thumbsup:

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
yep i'm still in let me know where to send money when you're ready :)

Sponsored

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, that's it then. Labbirger, wolf man, Hinch and Manders are the 4 takers.

If anyone else wants a set please let me know tonight as my Guy will be cutting metal tomorrow. After 12:00 tomorrow I will need to order 5 at a time, which may incur a wait?

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
For reference, the group buy is a bit pricey regardless of how many.

Steeda USA have a black friday sale on the top mounts, fill your boots, i'm going to be shipping a set to my stackry. If you wish to send it the same way you can sign up for stackry here:

https://www.stackry.com/register?referral=747473

With BF sales it's gonna come in a good sum cheaper. Nothing against steeda UK, it's just, same company offering same product for less cash!

https://www.steeda.com/search?query=S550 rear billet shock mount

As for adapters nige, i'm in :) let me know how, when how much and all that good stuff :)!

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT
For reference, the group buy is a bit pricey regardless of how many.

Steeda USA have a black friday sale on the top mounts, fill your boots, i'm going to be shipping a set to my stackry. If you wish to send it the same way you can sign up for stackry here:

https://www.stackry.com/register?referral=747473

With BF sales it's gonna come in a good sum cheaper. Nothing against steeda UK, it's just, same company offering same product for less cash!

https://www.steeda.com/search?query=S550 rear billet shock mount
BEWARE!!!

I'm just in the middle of sorting the utter farce of a situation with an order I've placed with them [Steeda US], which has fallen foul of one of their somewhat idiotic policies.

I'm actually in Florida at the moment, just 200 miles from their facility in Pompano Beach, and tried to order (amongst other things) a set of the shock mounts and have them sent to the villa I'm renting in Haines City (just as I've done with all the other gear I've bought from MF Auto, Roush, Summit and others) and found to my cost that they will only, if it's your first order with Steeda US, ship to the billing address of the credit card or registered to the Paypal account. If you place the online order and give a UK billing address and US shipping address, the website will still take your payment, but you'll just find that that order status will show (after about 24 hours) as 'HOLD'... and nothing further will happen with it.

I've had to go out and get cash from an ATM to buy a visa prepaid gift card (can't buy them on a UK credit or debit card) and then register the card to the address where I'm staying so when I use it to pay for the goods they can link the delivery address to the card... it's been a right f'kin PITA.

It was previously suggested by Steeda US that I place the first order as an international one, but they wanted $196 for FedEx snail mail (economy) delivery, which completely wiped out the Black Friday savings and exchange rate differences, and meant (as it was being sent by courier) that it would also get hit by C&E duties/taxes and end up costing about 25% more than buying from Steeda UK.

If you've ordered from them before and had stuff sent internationally direct to your address you're OK.

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEWARE!!!

I'm just in the middle of sorting the utter farce of a situation with an order I've placed with them [Steeda US], which has fallen foul of one of their somewhat idiotic policies.

I'm actually in Florida at the moment, just 200 miles from their facility in Pompano Beach, and tried to order (amongst other things) a set of the shock mounts and have them sent to the villa I'm renting in Haines City (just as I've done with all the other gear I've bought from MF Auto, Roush, Summit and others) and found to my cost that they will only, if it's your first order with Steeda US, ship to the billing address of the credit card or registered to the Paypal account. If you place the online order and give a UK billing address and US shipping address, the website will still take your payment, but you'll just find that that order status will show (after about 24 hours) as 'HOLD'... and nothing further will happen with it.

I've had to go out and get cash from an ATM to buy a visa prepaid gift card (can't buy them on a UK credit or debit card) and then register the card to the address where I'm staying so when I use it to pay for the goods they can link the delivery address to the card... it's been a right f'kin PITA.

It was previously suggested by Steeda US that I place the first order as an international one, but they wanted $196 for FedEx snail mail (economy) delivery, which completely wiped out the Black Friday savings and exchange rate differences, and meant (as it was being sent by courier) that it would also get hit by C&E duties/taxes and end up costing about 25% more than buying from Steeda UK.

If you've ordered from them before and had stuff sent internationally direct to your address you're OK.
Gotta love Steeda eh!! Can't you buy from one of their distributors and cancel the direct order??

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
BEWARE!!!

@tj@steeda any idea?

For ref, i'll just order out there anyway, i'll sort the billing address as separate, an email usually fixes it. It'll be mailed over to stackry.
Sponsored