Sponsored

Good News, The Stang's Dashboard is Waterproof!

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Model GT Fastback Oxford White Auto
Your wondering how I know.

Well I had parked the car out front and was thinking of giving it a hose to get off a fine covering of dust. I got distracted for 20 minutes and came back and started hosing the bonnet and passenger side, I had the hose on the JET setting and it really pumps the water out hard and fast, then I get around to the drivers side and I hose off the roof and then give the drivers window a good long hose....and it looked a bit different, and I wondered why the water wasn't ricocheting off... then DOH! I realized too late that the window was all the way down. :doh:

I dropped the hose and inspected the damage. it was absolutely soaked from the rear view mirror, all of the interior of the windscreen, each bit of the dashboard, steering wheel seat, every switch toggle button was dripping, the cup holder resembled a small well, right down to the seats and the floor. oh year the door interior as well.

Luckily I had a couple of the Gyeon silk drying towels which seriously just drink water. So in no time at all it was all dry in there and quite frankly really frigin clean! Bonus. :thumbsup:

My only worry was that I might flick on an indicator but instead the windscreen wiper would come on, or try and change gears via the paddles sticks only for the radio to change stations, instead, or worse for things to not work at all.

But the good news is that the car seem well insulated for water penetration and three days on everything is working perfectly....:eek:
Sponsored

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Your wondering how I know.
This has happened to me too.

Was washing the car with the key fob in my pocket and must have lent on it causing the windows down function to activate.

Didn't notice and subsequently gave the interior a good dose of Gerni.

Key fob no longer stays in pocket when washing Mustang.