Tyre pressure monitor

OHHHSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT vert & 2018 Fury GT Vert & 2020 grabber Lime GT Vert
Hey guys, I have a quick question about the tyre pressure on the v8 convertible. So i went into the dealer for a few warranty issues and the dealer said that the tyre pressure is suppose to be 38psi and not 32psi so they put 38psi... anyway, on the display unit, it didn't change and it's still showing 32psi... can anyone tell me what's it meant to be? I think the dealer didn't do anything to be honest... thanks in advance guys.
Sponsored

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Have you tried to reset the sensor

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Ummmm can't quite remember....in one of the menu ....ill get back to you

PPPony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Mustang GT Auto

Sponsored

OP
OP

OHHHSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
Awesome help guys, so now that we worked out how to reset the sensors, what psi do you guys run in your wheels?

PPPony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Mustang GT Auto
Awesome help guys, so now that we worked out how to reset the sensors, what psi do you guys run in your wheels?
I have 36 psi in mine. Tyre wear is very good too.

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Model GT Fastback Oxford White Auto
Depends what tyres and size, if you have the stock absolutely crap Pirelli's then 38 psi is the very most I would go. Because anything above that the car feels like its on an ice skating rink. I had a mechanic put 42 in my Pirellis without me knowing and the car was skittish in the dry (even more than usual) and un-drivable in the wet. I'd go down to 34 or thereabouts. Better still get some high performance Michelin Pilot Sport 4S on it, an absolutely remarkable difference in grip. It now hangs on like my old Porsche Cayman - and that's saying something

OP
OP

OHHHSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
Everyone is saying they break traction and all this but for some reason, my one holds the power to the ground... not sure what it is, it's stock...

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Model GT Fastback Oxford White Auto
Everyone is saying they break traction and all this but for some reason, my one holds the power to the ground... not sure what it is, it's stock...
Maybe its the extra weight of the convertible helps a bit. Like the old bag of sand in each corner of the boot to assist in that regard in another era of car mods. Or maybe your just not trying hard enough.
I only ever drive in sport using paddles and before I threw away the Pirelli's mine used to slip and slide all over the place, wheel spin on moderate take-off, just a huge disappointment.

Sponsored
OP
OP

OHHHSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
Maybe its the extra weight of the convertible helps a bit. Like the old bag of sand in each corner of the boot to assist in that regard in another era of car mods. Or maybe your just not trying hard enough.
I only ever drive in sport using paddles and before I threw away the Pirelli's mine used to slip and slide all over the place, wheel spin on moderate take-off, just a huge disappointment.
That's very interesting... I have to go in a few other ones and see the difference

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Mone currently 34 cold and about 36 hot

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'm just guessing that a stock auto with TC on might be more tyre-friendly than a tuned manual with all the nannies turned off :ninja:

OP
OP

OHHHSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
I'm just guessing that a stock auto with TC on might be more tyre-friendly than a tuned manual with all the nannies turned off :ninja:
I think your right on the money there burkey... I want to do a few things to it but it will be gone in about 8 or so months when the new one arrives so not sure.

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
I'm not sure that's the case, I have been driving normally in an auto with tc on and with no smoking wheels and the rears are f'd after 14500km :frusty:
Sponsored