Bill’s NEW 2018 Mustang GT: First Impressions and Build Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
I’m also interested in your thoughts of the new changes to the clutch/transmission.

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
Congrats Bill! Can't wait to see how you take this thing apart and make improvements!
And yes, how's the transmission feel now? Any more of the old notchy shifting in the lower gears?

DJinAC

More cars than brains
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DJ
Vehicle(s)
2017 Super Black Nissan Altima SL
Congrats Bill!! I loved my Race Red and certainly do miss her.

Sponsored

OP
OP
CJ Pony Parts

CJ Pony Parts

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cjponyparts.com
Vehicle(s)
A large variety of Mustangs across all generations
2018 Mustang Diode Dynamics Sequencer Tail Light Kit Installation

Diode Dynamics Tail Light Sequencer Kit for all 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 Mustangs.

In this video, Bill & the crew at CJ's will show you how to install this Diode Dynamics Tail Light Sequencer Kit on your 2018 Mustang from the comfort of your own shop or garage with basic hand tools.

Want to make the tail lights flash in a sequential pattern for all of your typical functions - including brake, hazard, and locking/unlocking your 2018 Mustang?

Diode Dynamics makes it easy with this premium plug-and-play kit.

Completely made right here in the USA, this all-American kit is built with long-lasting durability.

Needing absolutely zero permanent mods, this fast and simple install will have you back on the road in no time.

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]sr6HOvMGaTc[/MEDIA]"]

Last edited:
OP
OP
CJ Pony Parts

CJ Pony Parts

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cjponyparts.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Diode Dynamics LED Side Marker Light Smoked Rear Pair Installation

Pair of Diode Dynamics Rear LED Side Marker Lights for all 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 Mustangs.

In this video, Bill & the crew at CJ's will show you how to install this Pair of Diode Dynamics Smoked Rear LED Side Marker Lights on your 2018 Mustang from the comfort of your own shop or garage with basic hand tools.

Showcasing an optical reflector pattern and full length LED focal strip that provides maximum visibility. When you want brighter, longer-lasting, more visible, and modern lighting, upgrading to Diode Dynamics LEDs are a smart choice.

Installation couldn't be easier, requiring absolutely zero tools. Acting as a direct plug-and-play process, you'll be back on the road in no time.

Other lens options are available on CJPonyParts.com, including: Red/Smoked/Clear.

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]zqzGK5dL844[/MEDIA]"]

Last edited:
OP
OP
CJ Pony Parts

CJ Pony Parts

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cjponyparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Beautiful car Dave, you gonna drop the FRPP mag lowering springs or 350 springs on it?
Bill has a ton in store for his '18. We have at least one company car coming in any day, the plan is literally to test fit anything and everything that we possibly can in order to update existing listings and create new video content.

Stay tuned!!!

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
Just put the Sequencer on my Santa list.
Anything to help grab the attention of someone with their phone in their face is money well spent in my book.

Vato

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Saleen White Label
Vehicle Showcase
Those HRE wheels are money!

Sponsored
OP
OP
CJ Pony Parts

CJ Pony Parts

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cjponyparts.com
Vehicle(s)
2015-2018 Mustang GT Roush Resonator Delete X-Pipe Stainless Steel Installation

Resonator Delete... This new Mustang doesn't need anything but the OEM mufflers and the suitcase delete! WOW!
Beat me to the post, thanks man!!! But let me provide you all with a bit more info.

Roush Stainless Steel Resonator Delete X-Pipe for 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 GT Mustangs.

In this video, Bill & the crew at CJ's will show you how to install this Roush Stainless Steel Resonator Delete X-Pipe on your 2015-2018 GT Mustang from the comfort of your own shop or garage with basic hand tools.

Empower your horsepower/torque with this top-of-the-line x-pipe from Roush. Lowering your back pressure while enhancing your exhaust flow, this fully mandrel bent, stainless steel x-pipe is a rich upgrade for your S550 GT.

With all the required hardware already included, you'll be out of the garage and back on the road with a new aggressive sound in no time!

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]tqG0h7pqRPg[/MEDIA]"]

Last edited:

bill@cjpp

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cjponyparts.com
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
All the Mustangs
Will the stock air box and inlet pipe work on a 15-17? Is it larger than the 15-17? Any word on if the intake manifold may work too?
I did not measure it but the location and fitment seems identical. I have a few parts I will be trying over the next couple weeks.

Beautiful car Dave, you gonna drop the FRPP mag lowering springs or 350 springs on it?
We are lowering it on FRPP springs this week!

The car looks great! Any issues with correct fitment of body parts?
Fitment of all the panels is very very good. One small drip on the corner of the trunk lid is my only complaint and that has been resolved.

Congrats Bill! Can't wait to see how you take this thing apart and make improvements!
And yes, how's the transmission feel now? Any more of the old notchy shifting in the lower gears?
Transmission feels very tight and solid. Driveline "clunk" is gone so far. The clutch is extremely light which takes a little getting used to. The internal upgrades to the trans seem to work so far, we have a video coming out soon explaining the changes. Thanks for all the support, very happy so far!

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
I did not measure it but the location and fitment seems identical. I have a few parts I will be trying over the next couple weeks.

We are lowering it on FRPP springs this week!

Fitment of all the panels is very very good. One small drip on the corner of the trunk lid is my only complaint and that has been resolved.

Transmission feels very tight and solid. Driveline "clunk" is gone so far. The clutch is extremely light which takes a little getting used to. The internal upgrades to the trans seem to work so far, we have a video coming out soon explaining the changes. Thanks for all the support, very happy so far!

Thanks man, looking forward to your thoughts on the mag ride as you get more time in the car and how the FRPP lowering springs impact the ride quality please?

Looking forward to the video detailing the changes, hoping the mag equipped cars have got lots of GT 350 parts on them. :)

You should try to weigh the car as I hear mag ride cars are lighter as DSSV shocks weigh less and if it has got 350 suspension parts they probably weigh less too.

bill@cjpp

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cjponyparts.com
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
All the Mustangs
Thanks man, looking forward to your thoughts on the mag ride as you get more time in the car and how the FRPP lowering springs impact the ride quality please?

Looking forward to the video detailing the changes, hoping the mag equipped cars have got lots of GT 350 parts on them. :)

You should try to weigh the car as I hear mag ride cars are lighter as DSSV shocks weigh less and if it has got 350 suspension parts they probably weigh less too.
I just made a post on initial impressions, yes on the GT350 parts, we will have a dyno and scale info soon!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.