OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
A Brit get his Oxford white GT and reviews it, I must say I think that looks awesome in Oxford white, seems the re-design really suites white, looks amazing.

Really liking the black roof and that black lip spoiler is also very nice, for stock wheels they are rather nice too.

Wish we could option cloth interior on UK cars or the carbon interior. Having cloth Recaro's in the Golf, the cloth is simply nicer, more comfortable and on these Winter days not freezing cold. :D

[ame]

PaulSlide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue GT
Does look great in white, but "more of a driver's car..." for the lack of PP, magneride etc? :crazy:

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2018 UK Mustang Pricing - Now Official!

EB M6 Coupe: £35,995
EB A10 Coupe: £37,595

V8 M6 Coupe: £41,095
V8 A10 Coupe: £43,095

This confirms the lease pricing which was leaked. :)

Official option pricing

- Custom Pack 1 & 2: £1495
- Custom Pack 3 & 4 (forged wheels): £2295
- Recaro Seats: £1795 (£1400 if custom pack selected)
- Orange Fury / Triple Yellow paint: £795
- Magnetic Ride: £1600
- Black painted roof: £500
- Forged wheels: £795
- Spoiler: £350 (cannot be ordered until January)

I changed to custom pack 2, to me the forged wheels are not worth £700 extra, as such my car total cost is £48,885 so essentially 50k for a Ford, puts it right into BMW M2 territory, Audi RS3, TT RS, A45 AMG, but its a unique car, with a V8 and looks flipping amazing compared to the European stuff on the road in similar price category.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hmmm food for thoughts

He does speak a lot of sense and it is clear Ford have made the car vastly better from factory due to wanting to sell more globally and compete with competitors like BMW, Audi etc.

That means its got to be much better from factory, or certainly with certain options selected like PP, A10, Mag ride etc.

Tuning I will wait and see, we get 443HP, USA get 460HP, if a tune gets a USA car upto 475HP worse case, us UK owners are still getting a solid 30HP increase which at $200 is good bang for buck, plus tuning device if required. Old SCT X4 may not be compatible but not yet confirmed.

But it is why I am going to sample some of what the competition offers and re-visit some cars I drove before like M4 CP, F-Type V8, C63 AMG 4.0TT as those are also 50k and less with manufacturers warranty. Though awesome they might be they can't compete with a Mustang for the looks and simply standing out.

Ant18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt
He does speak a lot of sense and it is clear Ford have made the car vastly better from factory due to wanting to sell more globally and compete with competitors like BMW, Audi etc.

That means its got to be much better from factory, or certainly with certain options selected like PP, A10, Mag ride etc.

Tuning I will wait and see, we get 443HP, USA get 460HP, if a tune gets a USA car upto 475HP worse case, us UK owners are still getting a solid 30HP increase which at $200 is good bang for buck, plus tuning device if required. Old SCT X4 may not be compatible but not yet confirmed.

But it is why I am going to sample some of what the competition offers and re-visit some cars I drove before like M4 CP, F-Type V8, C63 AMG 4.0TT as those are also 50k and less with manufacturers warranty. Though awesome they might be they can't compete with a Mustang for the looks and simply standing out.
Do you honestly not regret having sold yours after everything you done to it? I know you want the auto but appart from that power and handling you had that covered.
I really thinking on keeping mine for an other 12 months and maybe then look for 18 second hand with the right specs and miles. Let someone else take the 10k depression. I bought mine 14 month ago with 4500 miles on, one owner fully loaded at 34.5k. The wise voice tell me seat wait and enjoy what is an already cracking car

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you honestly not regret having sold yours after everything you done to it? I know you want the auto but appart from that power and handling you had that covered.
I really thinking on keeping mine for an other 12 months and maybe then look for 18 second hand with the right specs and miles. Let someone else take the 10k depression. I bought mine 14 month ago with 4500 miles on, one owner fully loaded at 34.5k. The wise voice tell me seat wait and enjoy what is an already cracking car
Do I miss it? HELL YES!
Do I regret selling, yes and no.

My car had two things that for me as a daily I hope 2018 will go on helping somewhat. First and foremost the manual use to annoy me the MY15-17 does not like to be hurried and the clutch/engagement is a bit vague, at least mine was silent, many complain of noise too. As such city driving manual was annoying, even out on a drive I wanted paddles and getting the car off the line at times was just an annoyance though by the time I finished modding it was easier. An auto will remedy this for me and hoping the A10 is responsive on paddles will see me happy.

Secondly even with all my handling modifications and don't get me wrong it was amazing in the dry but particular in the wet the car felt a bit on edge, a vast improvement over stock again, but in comparison I can jump in my M3 and drive it flat out in the wet, yes the E46 chassis is clearly superior but I lacked confidence in damp/wet in the Mustang, whereas in my 911 and M3 which are also RWD were just so quick in such conditions. Then with the coilovers the suspension in some ways rode better than stock, more dampening, but it was firm which on a crappy road could get annoying. Now I still don't expect the 2018 to hold a candle to the M3 or 911 in the wet but my hope with the mag ride, PS4S designed for the car and the 350 suspension stuff is that it will be a lot ore confidence inspiring in the wet and the mag ride will give me the ability to waft or to rattle my bones apart, within reason. In the dry my Mustang was bloody amazing handled beautiful but in the wet I lacked confidence in it, lost it a few times always pulled it back but when these things let go in the wet, jesus do they let go. My hands were like a spastic in a dishwasher on one attempt when I lost it big style the other times it just got very sideways but corrective lock put it OK, but still hoping the updates help a bit here, but not expecting a miracle.

Revolution Auto just tuned Bill @ CJ's car, it went from 425WHP upto 444WHP so a 19WHP gain, not as much as earlier cars but certainly not a bad gain at all. That is around 485-490HP crank and that was completely stock. I am confident with the same stock air box mods at 2015 and a custom tune it will do 500HP crank. Set of Xforce headers should guarantee that, if not throw a bottle of laughing gas in the boot and be 600+ when required. :D

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
Revolution Auto just tuned Bill @ CJ's car, it went from 425WHP upto 444WHP so a 19WHP gain, not as much as earlier cars but certainly not a bad gain at all. That is around 485-490HP crank and that was completely stock. I am confident with the same stock air box mods at 2015 and a custom tune it will do 500HP crank. Set of Xforce headers should guarantee that, if not throw a bottle of laughing gas in the boot and be 600+ when required. :D
A 20whp this early in the game is not bad, and a 493hp (using only 10% drivetrain loss) is certainly no slouch. Good job.

Thanks for the info

Ant18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt
Do I miss it? HELL YES!
Do I regret selling, yes and no.

My car had two things that for me as a daily I hope 2018 will go on helping somewhat. First and foremost the manual use to annoy me the MY15-17 does not like to be hurried and the clutch/engagement is a bit vague, at least mine was silent, many complain of noise too. As such city driving manual was annoying, even out on a drive I wanted paddles and getting the car off the line at times was just an annoyance though by the time I finished modding it was easier. An auto will remedy this for me and hoping the A10 is responsive on paddles will see me happy.

Secondly even with all my handling modifications and don't get me wrong it was amazing in the dry but particular in the wet the car felt a bit on edge, a vast improvement over stock again, but in comparison I can jump in my M3 and drive it flat out in the wet, yes the E46 chassis is clearly superior but I lacked confidence in damp/wet in the Mustang, whereas in my 911 and M3 which are also RWD were just so quick in such conditions. Then with the coilovers the suspension in some ways rode better than stock, more dampening, but it was firm which on a crappy road could get annoying. Now I still don't expect the 2018 to hold a candle to the M3 or 911 in the wet but my hope with the mag ride, PS4S designed for the car and the 350 suspension stuff is that it will be a lot ore confidence inspiring in the wet and the mag ride will give me the ability to waft or to rattle my bones apart, within reason. In the dry my Mustang was bloody amazing handled beautiful but in the wet I lacked confidence in it, lost it a few times always pulled it back but when these things let go in the wet, jesus do they let go. My hands were like a spastic in a dishwasher on one attempt when I lost it big style the other times it just got very sideways but corrective lock put it OK, but still hoping the updates help a bit here, but not expecting a miracle.

I really get what you saying, I did spoke to the person you recommended me for the pre order and was really ready to pull the trigger, also knew it was gone be between 45-50 k with the option but now that the prices are here for real I can't justify to myself that price when you are in good 2nd hand German territory.
Also know that I'll end up getting my18 just not new. The first depreciation is gone too important

Sponsored
OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I really get what you saying, I did spoke to the person you recommended me for the pre order and was really ready to pull the trigger, also knew it was gone be between 45-50 k with the option but now that the prices are here for real I can't justify to myself that price when you are in good 2nd hand German territory.
Also know that I'll end up getting my18 just not new. The first depreciation is gone too important

I won't lie the thought has crossed my mind, should I just cancel and wait for a 6-12 month old one as I am sure these things are going to depreciate hard.

Problem them is what are the odds on finding one in my spec second hand, it seems most are ordering up with regular seats. So on the flip side would a well spec car hold its value.

If we had a crystal ball!

I really think Ford should of priced base V8 under 40k OTR and the options should of being fairer in price, why is the A10 £500 more expensive as an option than it is on the EB.

Come on Ford that just £500 piss take, same gear box yet a different price between EB and GT in UK. :(

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
I won't lie the thought has crossed my mind, should I just cancel and wait for a 6-12 month old one as I am sure these things are going to depreciate hard.

Problem them is what are the odds on finding one in my spec second hand, it seems most are ordering up with regular seats. So on the flip side would a well spec car hold its value.

I really think Ford should of priced base V8 under 40k OTR and the options should of being fairer in price, why is the A10 £500 more expensive as an option than it is on the EB.

Come on Ford that just £500 piss take, same gear box yet a different price between EB and GT in UK. :(
Didn’t notice that... £500 difference. Why? A little piss takey

Ant18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt

I'm also after the recaro seats too lol, I think it s part of the fun. Haunting for the perfect second hand who ticks all the boxes. Took me a good month or two to find my current mustang but it saved nearly 6 k. I feel pretty confident about finding a 18 with the specs I want. No doubt it will be a few poser who ordered one fully loaded and then realised after a month or so that's it's not for them once they scared there self on a wet day. Will have to wait and see. But decision is now made and I'll stick to it ( he says lol) I will not buy my18 new.

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
He is so close to an 11 it is untrue, I really do hope he does not mod until he gets that 11 as too many have just done the easy way and fitted tyres, hoping this guy keeps plugging away until he gets that 11s pass completely stock.

Told him remove engine cover, strut brace, back seats and run the fuel down close to empty, OK technically not stock but takes not long to do and is free.

[ame]

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
He is so close to an 11 it is untrue, I really do hope he does not mod until he gets that 11 as too many have just done the easy way and fitted tyres, hoping this guy keeps plugging away until he gets that 11s pass completely stock.

Told him remove engine cover, strut brace, back seats and run the fuel down close to empty, OK technically not stock but takes not long to do and is free.

Needs to fold down his front passenger seat to reduce wind resistance too. That'll get him there:lol::lol:
Sponsored