Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
I'll be keeping my 16 GT and as "mildly" modded N/A pony it already has 450 hp no tune. I enjoy growing with the car as it develops handling & power.
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Which is the same thing as when you hear "car guys" describe their car as being "a weapon" or "faster point-to-point than a Lambo/Ferrari/Porsche".

It's bobbins. The only place the new car will genuinely show it's performance is on the dragstrip as 1. the best mod you can make to a car is the driver, and 2. the new car has the same performance as an old one with a tune, both of which reeeeeeally can't be exploited on the road.

And Ford STILL haven't released the price yet...I don't know but I reckon if it was good news then Ford would've been shouting that price from the rooftops.

@slowhand99 said Ford are claiming a BIG financial loss recently due to Brexit(!), so this delay is because they're trying to work out how much to price the export models at without people pissing themselves laughing saying "I can buy a brand new Porsche for that!".
Indeed, if it doesn't relate to track/strip performance it's pretty useless. To be honest, I doubt anyone remembers a supercharger thread over a year ago, where I stated that "whats the point in having 800 bhp when the speed limit is 70?" you're getting to illegal speeds in split seconds it takes away from the driving experience, there's kinda usable power and then all that.

That all said, performance always helps, if it's going to handle better and allow me to stop from going into the back of the idiots who can't drive in a morning sure :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:.

If ford are going to make a huge financial loss because of brexit, then yeah, it's going to be a bit of "PED" (How much they can raise the profit margin before people go, why the fk would Ibuy that?). Mind you, most buy their cars on finance now, so realistically as long as they payments weren't a huge increase I guess it works. It's swings and roundabouts. They'll have the financial figures, ford regardless of their front end being a bit dense, their back office staff are pretty robust. :thumbsup:

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Hi there

Well I sold a car I put a lot of time and effort into, a car I loved to make the change, my reason for sale were really three points:

- Fedup of manual and though the Mustang has a nice shifter, the clutch feel/weight kind of felt unnatural, even with spring change and no spring. If it was an amazing manual like an S2000 I would of maybe have kept it, but this is really a small excuse, my main reason is my next point
- I really wanted an auto, was not too impressed with the A6, simply miles behind a good DSG, DCT, PDK style box, the A10 is an improvement on A6, but probably not quite in the DCT/PDK league, but good enough.
- Chassis, I greatly improved on it at the expense of low speed comfort, though it was still very good, just in a daily at times it would be nice to hit a button and just float around. Magneride is a big plus here, having being in a GT 350 it works remarkably well.

That is it really, mainly simply down to transmission and being spoiled by the European automatics, I wanted something similar in the Mustang, before any smart ass dick says go buy an Audi, tell me what new European car I can buy for under 50k with a high-revving V8 making near 500HP with a killer sound track and stunning iconic looks that everyone turns and pulls their cameras out to take pictures and ask questions, ah I thought so, there is nothing. The only EU car I found was an R8 V10 with huge running cost and a 2013 or newer model with updated S-tronic was 70k upwards with no warranty.

The things I really look forward to on MY18:
- The performance, lets not beat around the bush, with A10 it totally slam dunks the previous A6/manual on performance and I like going fast. How I have no points is a miracle. ;)
- The A10, finally an automatic in the Mustang I will be happy with, its no DCT, but it seems to be on par with DSG, which I enjoy in my VW.
- Magneride, the ability to float or race at the flick of a button
- DRL's :p
- Active exhaust, it sounds amazing, though I suspect my car will be defaulted to track mode always on exhaust but the fact they have made MY18 sound so much better stock is welcomed. More volume headers or resonator delete or both.
- PS4s, well I won't need to worry about buying new tyres, it comes with the best tyre from factory
- Digital dash, I can see here many hate it, but for me I LOVE IT!
- Orange Fury, seems a gorgeous colour whether its in the shade or in sunlight and is gonna be the one that stands out when parked up due to the colour and with some black accents will look awesome, just like a yellow car does.
- Rear end, it looks gorgeous!
- Bonnet vents, gotta look cool from passenger seat?
- Heated wheel, no I am joking, seriously useless tat, though I will probably learn to love it in colder months.
- Recaro's yes was gutted could not option on MY15

The things I am unsure about:
- The controversial front-end, at first I was firmly in the camp of I prefer MY15 but I was comparing my car, a lowered car with a splitter and nice wheels. When I look at a bog standard MY15 PP next to an MY18 PP I am quite torn, particular on EU version, I can see negatives and positives of both giving no clear winner. Now I've seen Ford's PP2, SEMA cars, and LMR's MY18 which is lowered with wheels, the MY18 just makes me :love::love::love: to the point ideas of changing the hood are fading and I feel lowering, wheels and splitter is enough.
- The forged wheels, I have optioned them even though I think black PP wheels suite orange fury better, they just seem to look wrong. But I am taking the gamble and I feel in a darker colour like titanium they could look really nice.
- The price! Lets face it, I am not getting a 35k bargain here, gonna be easily around 45k-50k with the options I have selected.

The MY18 offers a lot of stuff I like, the items I am unsure about are easily rectified if I feel the need to change those items and as MY18 is potentially so quick out the box my money can go more towards styling than extracting additional performance if I feel the need.

My shortlist so far:
- GT 350 lowering springs
- PP2 / Cervini / RTR front splitter
- GT 350 rear track spoiler
- Gloss black centre bonnet stripe
- 15mm eibach spacers all round if sticking with factory forged wheels
- Darken factory wheels
- Panel filter + tune

Quite a short list. :)

Of course there is the additional list. :D
- Different wheels completely, 19x9.5/10 all round, am thinking SVE 350R 19x10 square in liquid metal or gloss black all round with 275/40/19 PS4S Mustang tyre
- GT 350R brakes
- GT 350R rear seat delete
- GT 350R style front-end or Cervini front-end
- Headers + tune

Still quite short list, but considerably more expensive additional add-ons. Maybe I hang fire on these until S650 is announced, if S650 is not to my taste, I keep my MY18 and do above, if S650 tempts me I sell MY18 and go S650. :)

Last edited:

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
I intend to keep my '17 forever. It is the last of the old school down to earth brutes in my opinion. DI, plated bores, DM flywheels, 10 speed auto, electronic dash and magnaride suspension is all "new school" and in my opinion just trying to keep up with the euro boxes.

Ford US will never have anything like the build quality and finish of any euro manufacturer, in fact not even Ford Europe. My Focus RS is perfect from a build quality point of view.

So, if Ford US want to make a tech car they need to improve on the basics first. Not a single panel fits on my GT, and they have had issues with oil coolers and puddle lights to name just two.. imagine whats gonna happen when they get all "techy"? I hope I'm wrong for the sake of the new owners, but just look at the reliability record and recalls on the "techy" RS, and that's a European car!!

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
I must admit I am very tempted but that really depends on the price, if it’s going to cost me 10k to change then I might as well supercharge what I have now, I also wonder if I should wait for 19 and see if they do a special version to move the last of the s550

Sponsored

Iron Duke

Iron Duke
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I quite like the idea of the 18 especially with all the suggested additional features and options that in my opinion enhance it:

Hood vents
Quad tips
Michelin tyres
Tribar DRL
Power gain
Digital cluster
LED headlights,
LED DRL,
LED Fog lights,
Pre Collision Assist,
Lane Assist,
Active Exhaust Valves
Optional: Ten Speed Auto
Optional: Performance Rear spoiler
Optional: Magnetic ride
Optional: Adaptive Cruise Control
Additional colours

Droopy Nose/Front end... getting used to it, probably like it now.

Heated Steering wheel... don't care.

I am sure somebody will correct me if I have missed anything or got it wrong.

Therefore I am going to sell my GT in readiness, I do wonder though how much more these items will cost, so I will wait until pricing comes before placing my order. (Question if it was built in November 2015 but registered April 2016 is it a 15 or 16?)

Or... that well documented quandary should I wait for the S650 (or the next model after that) as I am getting older I don't think I should, for all I know it may not come to the UK. So I guess I am still sitting on the fence.

GT500 anybody?

OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Nige.. you make a good point, I have always thought that the level of tech available in the my15-17s is "just right". Ford did an amazing job of keeping the design in line with the original 60's Mustangs, yet there is enough tech/toys to give you everything you need and not be "too techy". Digi dash, heated wheel, magneride, safety features - yea all nice stuff, do I want/need? No.

The appeal of the MY18 is that it's new and exciting, nothing more for me.

It's always interesting to read Gibbo's comments, for him it's very much about the numbers and the performance & how well it does at the track, sure looks are an important factor too.

For me though, I couldn't care less if my Mustang was the slowest out there. It's cool as fuck & it's my dream car - and it makes me feel great, and that's what it's all about for me.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Which is the same thing as when you hear "car guys" describe their car as being "a weapon" or "faster point-to-point than a Lambo/Ferrari/Porsche".

It's bobbins. The only place the new car will genuinely show it's performance is on the dragstrip as 1. the best mod you can make to a car is the driver, and 2. the new car has the same performance as an old one with a tune, both of which reeeeeeally can't be exploited on the road.

And Ford STILL haven't released the price yet...I don't know but I reckon if it was good news then Ford would've been shouting that price from the rooftops.

[MENTION=15533]slowhand99[/MENTION] said Ford are claiming a BIG financial loss recently due to Brexit(!), so this delay is because they're trying to work out how much to price the export models at without people pissing themselves laughing saying "I can buy a brand new Porsche for that!".

If Ford take the piss with price, I will cancel my order, plain and simple and will wait for a year old example to come up for sale if I still feel the want for one.

On the other hand the reason for with holding price could be because the price is going to be so good, they never have any chance of selling the current large inventory of cars they have, so it could be a good thing, probably wishful thinking but one has to stay positive. ;)

Performance wise I suspect a manual MY18 stock won't offer any addition performance over a tuned MY15 manual. The A10 however is a different ball game which gives the MY18 when optioned with A10 quite a big performance benefit over outgoing A6/Manual MY15 and even manual MY18.

Time will tell, but with a true customised tuned I went 113mph, with GT350 kit I was just touching 116mph, if an MY18 can smash 116mph or faster out the door that is very nice and don't worry the moment I get mine and the POD is open or Shakey, I shall have it there and will do some test runs, I will also get the track apps fired up and do some test runs too, be great to compare.

I am shocked how the current MY18 owners have posted no track app times, is this because it cannot do the claimed sub 4s to 60, are Ford telling porkies? Or can only a magneride A10 equipped car do it which so far the current US cars have all being A10 with regular suspension. Considering they have dyno'd them on day of collection, quarter miled them, but why no 0-60 or do the Americans not find that interesting?

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nige.. you make a good point, I have always thought that the level of tech available in the my15-17s is "just right". Ford did an amazing job of keeping the design in line with the original 60's Mustangs, yet there is enough tech/toys to give you everything you need and not be "too techy". Digi dash, heated wheel, magneride, safety features - yea all nice stuff, do I want/need? No.

The appeal of the MY18 is that it's new and exciting, nothing more for me.

It's always interesting to read Gibbo's comments, for him it's very much about the numbers and the performance & how well it does at the track, sure looks are an important factor too.

For me though, I couldn't care less if my Mustang was the slowest out there. It's cool as fuck & it's my dream car - and it makes me feel great, and that's what it's all about for me.

Sound, looks and rarity are important to me as well, plus history. Yes I like my numbers but if numbers were no.1 priority than I'd just buy a GTR or I could just stick with this Golf, 0-60 in 3.1s, 0-100 in 7.2s and quarter mile in 11.5, thats quicker than Mac's beast from a dig and typical road driving, its only a motorway triple digit run he smokes me, but numbers are only part of the story and though in the Golf I can pretty much leave any car for dust on the road in any kind of conditions which don't get me wrong is fun, but when just driving normal it is so damn boring and it might as well just be a VW Up. The Mustang kept me entertained if I was doing 0mph, 10mph, 30mph or 130mph, I was always entertained and grinning from key on. Golf I only grin when extracting its performance. Plus the Golf is kind of boring inside too, don't get me wrong, its lovely inside, but boring, the Mustang was so cool inside with its toys and the new one has even more toys to keep me entertained?

Last edited:

Entai

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT kona Blue, A10, Magneride, CP 2. Daily Driver
I had always seen 2015 -16 GT's around (got a couple live quite near) and was always jealous of the owners and wished I could get one, as I thought they were beautiful.

So when I knew I was going to be coming into a bit of inheritance, I thought time to treat myself.

Once I started seriously looking around and reading up on them, I saw that a new MY18 was due.

Personally, and from the looks of it I am very definitely in the minority here, but from the very first pics I was in love.

I think the new styling all round is awesome, and to me, the lower front end really looks so much more angular and aggressive. The back end is brilliant especially with the quad pipes.

So i was smitten and immediately started looking up options.

I am getting old, so an auto was a must, the bonus of 10 speeds on the MY18 was just icing on the cake to me.

Active exhaust was a godsend I love loud exhausts, but as I leave for work at just before 5 each morning so figured neighbours would not be too impressed, had it been a loud one permanently, so the option is great.

Also magneride is a must in my book, had enough cars of different types, that a setting on suspension is never going to be correct for all situations, so adjustable from inside by flick of a switch is perfect.

Colour wise, Ruby red always was my favourite on MY15-17, and when I saw the darker Royal Crimson then it had to be, couple with the option black roof and Custom Pack two black wheels, then I think it will look incredible.

Well it will to me, I know it will not be to everyone's taste, but then, I am getting the feeling that is what owning a Mustang is all about? You make it into what you want, not what everyone else wants.

As it happens the inheritance is taking loads longer to sort, issues with land registry and property boundaries, so the sale of my parents house has not gone through as yet.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Sound, looks and rarity are important to me as well, plus history. Yes I like my numbers but if numbers were no.1 priority than I'd just buy a GTR or I could just stick with this Golf, 0-60 in 3.1s, 0-100 in 7.2s and quarter mile in 11.5, thats quicker than Mac's beast, but numbers are only part of the story and though in the Golf I can pretty much leave any car for dust on the road in any kind of conditions which don't get me wrong is fun, but when just driving normal it is so damn boring and it might as well just be a VW Up. The Mustang kept me entertained if I was doing 0mph, 10mph, 30mph or 130mph, I was always entertained and grinning from key on. Golf I only grin when extracting its performance. Plus the Golf is kind of boring inside too, don't get me wrong, its lovely inside, but boring, the Mustang was so cool inside with its toys and the new one has even more toys to keep me entertained?
I stand corrected :lol:

It is always interesting to read how other view the car though, even some on here are not necessarily Mustang fans, but a sub £40k with a v8 and 400+ bhp that looks the nuts - "i'll have one of those please".

The MY15's were a real purists car so a lot of people have stuck with them for that reason, I do wonder if the new crowd (first time buyers) will be the same? Is Ford's end game to draw the Europeans away from the usual stuff they buy? Could be.

SpArKy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
the only thing I don't like about my car is sitting in traffic with the horrible manual gearbox. (not saying the gearbox is bad, but the fact it is manual and quite a heavy clutch on a leg that's had numerous football injuries)

So the 10speed auto is very appealing to me, but if the pricing is significantly higher as predicted, i don't think I could justify it to myself.

My plan was always to leave my car pretty much stock until I got the urge for something new (i've never kept a car more than 2 years) and then do some mods to keep it fresh and scratch the itch :)

like someone just said, if the base price is £5k more, plus the £7k(ish) depreciation on mine, you could do a lot of tasty mods for half of that and I think i'd enjoy that more than the my18.

very hard to make any decision without the pricing imo. as of right now, i'm thinking i'm gonna start modding this one and make it a keeper

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I stand corrected :lol:

It is always interesting to read how other view the car though, even some on here are not necessarily Mustang fans, but a sub £40k with a v8 and 400+ bhp that looks the nuts - "i'll have one of those please".

The MY15's were a real purists car so a lot of people have stuck with them for that reason, I do wonder if the new crowd (first time buyers) will be the same? Is Ford's end game to draw the Europeans away from the usual stuff they buy? Could be.

I would imagine any car manufacturers goal is to sell more cars, with Mustang Ford have to play the balancing game of keeping their current customer base but whilst making the car appeal to more. I've always loved Mustangs, I've owned an S197 LHD which makes me far more a purist than many on here like to make themselves out as being, I owned that weapon for 4 years, owned it twice in fact. She was supercharged and would try murdering me quite often, thankfully I survived, the car too until the next owner who purchased it off me binned it.

I always loved them, Mac made it a reality for me by selling me his Saleen 10k below market price at the time, he is a nice guy. :)

When S550 was announced it had being years since I had a Pony in my stable, it had to happen again and I loved it though as we get older some of us start to prefer other things in a car that is a daily, hence wanting an automatic.

I've still got my crazy weekend car, the M3, Mac was so impressed with my M3, he now owns two M3's hahahahah, don't ask, he is crazy person as we all know. :D

The yellow and orange MY18 EB's have me smitten, they look stunning which I am putting down to the new EB PP wheels and the matt grill, of course I want the all out V8, but knowing the MY18 can look so damn good in near factory specification makes me excited, people here know I am not against pulling the car apart to make it what I want, I just hope handling and performance wise MY18 makes me happier out the box than MY15 did as stock the MY15 was just a little lacking, tuned it woke up big time.

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I wasn't overly excited because i ruled out changing and was going to go for SC instead.I kind of got the impression that going supercharged had its drawbacks(driveability)so i looked more into the 18 and liked what i saw.
Obviously the pricing is very important to me and ive set a limit of a couple of options (magneride/custom pack 2)I wanted the 10 speed auto but i thought i would be pushing it over the 45k mark lol.
I love the digital dash,active exaust,DRLs etc and i think Ford have listened.So i was on the fence but i took a chance and ordered on saturday.Its down to Ford and its pricing now.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wasn't overly excited because i ruled out changing and was going to go for SC instead.I kind of got the impression that going supercharged had its drawbacks(driveability)so i looked more into the 18 and liked what i saw.
Obviously the pricing is very important to me and ive set a limit of a couple of options (magneride/custom pack 2)I wanted the 10 speed auto but i thought i would be pushing it over the 45k mark lol.
I love the digital dash,active exaust,DRLs etc and i think Ford have listened.So i was on the fence but i took a chance and ordered on saturday.Its down to Ford and its pricing now.
Lets cross our fingers. :)

In the meantime that digital dash makes me moist:

[ame]

And no need to upgrade exhaust this time, sounds lovely stock:

[ame]

:)
Sponsored