Sponsored

Well the party is over sub $55k drive away

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
MY18, Xmas18 or 19? MY18 production starts next week. With RHD, a few months later. Ford AUS marketing director has already said, we will have new cars mid next year.
Correct. I had heard even earlier. It def wont be xmas or 2019..
Sponsored

ozracer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0
Since when have ford been on point with anything since release. I call bullshit. If production was to commence in a few months why wasn't I contacted to qualify my specs for delivery when I was one of the first to put down a deposit for order on the MY18. Honestly do you think Ford US is going to produce cars without a specification for customer delivery its not going to happen I have spoken to two seperate dealers who both told me the same thing you may see a handful of cars at xmas 18 but more than likely early 19. In addition to this wait til pricing hits too you will get a stack of people pulling their orders as the price of options is expensive.Have a look at some of threads in the US section fully loaded 60K plus that translates to big dollars in Australia. Another example is the fact Magnaride is a 3.5k US option etc etc

In addition to this why dont we know cost for Australia. Its all Ford Marketing Bullshit the fact it has come from the Marketing area should be obvious if not laughable. Since when does Ford Australia have any idea whats going on with Mustang timelines they are like a mushroom.

If you have been following the threads in the US in the other areas of this forum you would know that Ford is closing production at the Mustang plant for 2 weeks as sales are down significantly from last year.

Almost 60K for a fully loaded GT http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89118

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
Since when have ford been on point with anything since release. I call bullshit. If production was to commence in a few months why wasn't I contacted to qualify my specs for delivery when I was one of the first to put down a deposit for order on the MY18. Honestly do you think Ford US is going to produce cars without a specification for customer delivery its not going to happen I have spoken to two seperate dealers who both told me the same thing you may see a handful of cars at xmas 18 but more than likely early 19. In addition to this wait til pricing hits too you will get a stack of people pulling their orders as the price of options is expensive.Have a look at some of threads in the US section fully loaded 60K plus that translates to big dollars in Australia. Another example is the fact Magnaride is a 3.5k US option etc etc

In addition to this why dont we know cost for Australia. Its all Ford Marketing Bullshit the fact it has come from the Marketing area should be obvious if not laughable. Since when does Ford Australia have any idea whats going on with Mustang timelines they are like a mushroom.

If you have been following the threads in the US in the other areas of this forum you would know that Ford is closing production at the Mustang plant for 2 weeks as sales are down significantly from last year.

Almost 60K for a fully loaded GT http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89118
No news for most, that prices will be up. More kit, means more money. $5k?, at a guess. But hey, huge discounts will follow soon anyway:headbonk: UK spec and release time has already been leaked. We will follow soon after. No way, ford AUS is going for 1+year without Mustang. Mid next year, makes a lot of sense.

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible 5 Litre V8
Canary in the coal mine: Why a sports car sales slump is bad news for house prices

I cannot do the link thing but interesting article
Link with DOMAIN - The Age/SMH

Basically sports cars are discretionary items and when belt tightening looms, first big ticket item that drops in sales is sports cars.

rixstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FG XR6
Canary in the coal mine: Why a sports car sales slump is bad news for house prices

I cannot do the link thing but interesting article
Link with DOMAIN - The Age/SMH

Basically sports cars are discretionary items and when belt tightening looms, first big ticket item that drops in sales is sports cars.
Just read the article, good for home buyers and buyers of top end cars, not to sure if its good for the Oz economy though.

Sponsored

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (See my garage)
Vehicle Showcase
Just read the article, good for home buyers and buyers of top end cars, not to sure if its good for the Oz economy though.
Tomorrow will be an article that the market is booming, basically they need to make real estate news so thats exactly what they're doing.

Week after that will be the great depression pt 2 because north facing 3 bedroom units in Mitcham that are west facing had a bad sale at auction rate the weekend before.

AusViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
no
Sorry for bringing up an older thread.

I have been eyeing off the mustang ever since it was announced it was coming back to Australia.
My financial situation didn't allow for me to pre-order way back then and I tend to like to see a car and kick its tyres anway, so only really now there is a good supply of mustangs am I back on the purchasing train for it.

I guess back to my question I was going to ask, but looking on carsales websites for GT's both new and used there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of $$ different from what you can now get one new (around $55k) and what most are asking for used for a year or two old with 10-20K on the clock? ($50k)

What's going on there? Are these used car prices now relatively unrealistic given how the price of new has dropped so much?

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
What's going on there? Are these used car prices now relatively unrealistic given how the price of new has dropped so much?
Depends on how long you are prepared to wait.

I suspect that the arse will somewhat fall out of '16/'17 used pricing once the '18 finally hits our streets in numbers.

New '17 dealer stock will have pretty much dried up by then so there will be a period of time where your only option is used if you aren't prepared to wait for a new '18 order.

Demand/pricing should remain fairly constant until then as a result.

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (See my garage)
Vehicle Showcase
People who bought them over RRP trying to sell them is why they're so expensive.

They were like this mid year too when I bought mine, 2nd hand private sale over the price of new from the dealer.

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
$53 k driveaway 2017 GT Brand new in Vic on car sales

Good luck to anyone asking $50 k plus for a used 2015 without sync 3, less than 12 months warranty and 20 000 kms on the clock. The newbie is driveaway- the private ones gotta add, government costs and stamp duty.

Sponsored

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
Red 2015 GT - private high mileage - on Carsales at $49 K - now $42 K.

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Was just reading up on the "Key Features" for those cashing in on the 2017 model three year free scheduled servicing. This one in particular caught my eye:

3 years of FREE scheduled servicing (Covers the first three services – your Mustang is equipped with an Intelligent Oil-Life Monitor system that determines when you should service your vehicle based on how your vehicle is used. In line with Ford of Australia servicing requirements, a ‘Scheduled Service’ must be completed when an Intelligent Oil-Life Monitor notification is shown; or 15,000 km after the previous service; or 12 months after the previous service, whichever occurs first.”)
https://cityford.com.au/special-offer/ford-mustang-3-yr-free-servicing-2yr-extended-warranty/

So it looks like each activation of the oil life monitor will require one of your free (3) scheduled services to be used - mine came on twice within the first twelve months.

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
Was just reading up on the "Key Features" for those cashing in on the 2017 model three year free scheduled servicing. This one in particular caught my eye:

https://cityford.com.au/special-offer/ford-mustang-3-yr-free-servicing-2yr-extended-warranty/

So it looks like each activation of the oil life monitor will require one of your free (3) scheduled services to be used - mine came on twice within the first twelve months.
Rang my dealer service department in Melbourne and receptionist came out and reset it.
No charge.
Made sure I checked the oil

Frostee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT
Since when have ford been on point with anything I call bullshit. If production was to commence in a few months why wasn't I contacted to qualify my specs for delivery when I was one of the first to put down a deposit for order on the MY18. Honestly do you think Ford US is going to produce cars without a specification for customer delivery its not going to happen http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89118
Dealers had to place orders at the end of the year with NO Vehicle Pricing. The only pricing they had was options. Dealers placed orders based on what they think they could sell.

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Rang my dealer service department in Melbourne and receptionist came out and reset it.
I reset it myself last time, too.

I can see this as being as easy excuse, however, for a dealer to refuse a free service if someone with that deal resets their oil life monitor without undergoing the "scheduled service" (I'm sure they'll be able to find out).
Sponsored