Sponsored

2018 Australia

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (See my garage)
Vehicle Showcase
Its more expensive in the US so logic says it will cost more here for the 2018 too.

And pricing like for the 2017 and previous will follow how much stock dealers are sitting on wanting to sell, so early on prices will be high, once they're sitting on stock prices will drop.

Id see a fire sale on 2017 stock once 2018s are landing though.
Sponsored

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase

Frostee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT
That base price for the GT translates to about A$75K

I’m not sure what they cost now in UK vs AU but looks like we may be in for a bit of a price hile

miro67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 build GT Convertible
One of the guys in the euro thread said like for like the 2018 was 10,000 pounds more or 20% over his 2016. That would imply closer to $80k in Australia.

Frostee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT
With this pricing, assuming it's correct, I wouldn't be surprised to see prices firm on current stock. Many people with 2017 orders cancelled in anticipation of 2018, and I wouldn't be surprised to see some flow back because of the price increase

Sponsored

Toecutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I'm originally from Ballarat, Victoria but now live in Scotland. I have a 2018 GT manual in Kona Blue with magneride on order. The car comes standard with performance pack and is up about ÂŁ3k on a 2017. My car is being built on January 16th and hope to have it early May at the latest.

With regards to price increase over here the fact is that Brexit has led to uncertainty which has meant the pound is down against most major currencies. This inclues it being down against the Aussie dollar. I honestly can't see you guys getting such an increase in price as the Oz dollar has been pretty consistent with its value over past few years.

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible 5 Litre V8
GT vert in orange fury on you.tube
Sticker price $54 800 USD
$72 500 AUD
plus on roads, GST, LCT, stamp duty etc - starting to look at well over $80 000 here at that rate. Pretty sure the vert is loaded.

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Twister Orange 2020 FN GT
Engineering Insights and stories on the 2018 Mustang

For those that might not have seen the posting in the main forum section. It is well worth a look or listen:
http://www.autoline.tv/journal/?p=52166

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible 5 Litre V8
UK price (GT 10 auto) has gone up from 39950 to 43095 Pounds
Just over 3000 Quid
Worth it just for the tyres, exhaust, increased power, ten speed, led lights, acc, 3.9 second 0-60, magneride option, and heated steering wheel. And it looks so much more up to date than the old fellow with it's little funny fog lights.
I deliberately bought a retro design.
Don't want it to look "up to date" - my little shrine to the sixties.

BTW, what price is a loaded Vert in U.K.?

Frostee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT
When looking at the 2018 vs 2017 price, you really need to look at the price of the 2017 today, which for a new GT is about $56K. Price difference between 2017-2018 in AU will be in the order of $15K in my opinion.

Sponsored

dddd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XR6T
When looking at the 2018 vs 2017 price, you really need to look at the price of the 2017 today, which for a new GT is about $56K. Price difference between 2017-2018 in AU will be in the order of $15K in my opinion.
That's what you may hope it will be (to help justify buying your 2017) but that would be a 26% increase.
The UK (right hand drive) went up about 7.5%, but you have to remember the British pound has dropped a lot lately since brexit.
Canada hardly went up at all
I would expect a price increase in AU at about 5%

Frostee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT
That's what you may hope it will be (to help justify buying your 2017) but that would be a 26% increase.
The UK (right hand drive) went up about 7.5%, but you have to remember the British pound has dropped a lot lately since brexit.
Canada hardly went up at all
I would expect a price increase in AU at about 5%
Not trying to justify anything - I make decisions with my eyes open ;)

The price increase I am suggesting is more in the order of about 10%

GT RRP on release was around $65K and in the early time of release when supply was outstripped by demand there was next to no discounting. I am suggesting similar will happen in 2018 supply will be short and Dealers won’t discount because they’ll be able to sell all they can get. Discounting won’t occur until supply is plentiful - that’s the pricing cycle of most vehicles.

I will happily stand corrected in the New Year if wrong when Ford releases pricing.

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
I think there will be more options this time around.

Most likely the active exhaust and magnaride suspension will be options. Not sure if the digital dash will be standard or optional.

Just my thoughts, to not scare off buyers price will rise by 5% or so and then the options will be where they make the big bucks.

Frostee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT
Just my thoughts, to not scare off buyers price will rise by 5% or so and then the options will be where they make the big bucks.
Fair point - on that basis youre probably looking at base GT price in the high $60K. You’re dead right, if thy offer the options it will be the money makers for them

You also can’t rule out impact of no local V8 producion being a factor in determining the price point relative to other offerings in the market.

At the end of the day we are all speculating, as we have done time and time again when the Mustang was first announced to come here.

Time will tell. Will be interesting to see when they announce pricing.

dddd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XR6T
I think there will be more options this time around.

Most likely the active exhaust and magnaride suspension will be options. Not sure if the digital dash will be standard or optional.

I'm guessing the active exhaust will be standard as well as the LCD display, just like it is in UK.
I think all export models will have the active exhaust as it's a simple way of fine tuning the exhaust db level for each individual country ie no need to assume our active exhaust will be as loud as the USA active exhaust
Sponsored