WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Drew, did you impress mum with your signature naked backflips?
I suspect that I'd be in the lock up by now, Bob.

Having said that, she did seem mightily impressed by the (factory) reversing sensors.

:thumbsup:
Sponsored

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Black 'vert GT & BMW M Coupe
The other day a couple of young girls (like under 10 years old) from a house a few doors up ran down to our driveway and were looking at and pointing up at the Mustang.

Seemed a bit odd - not the usual Mustang fans :)

... and yesterday got a thumbs up from a tradie in a debadged black Golfers and another from a schoolboy and a teen girl driving a Merc pointed it out to all her friends in the car :)

Last edited:

RobH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
We picked up our new mustang a couple of weeks ago and our first drive we went down to Mornington and visited the Strawberry farm (Sunnyridge). As we were getting into the car a group of senior ladies (I guess around 65 - 70) were getting into their new C class Mercedes and the owner came over and asked if she could have a look inside the Mustang. Opened it up and they all came over and checked it out. When she asked how much and I said around $60k she was surprised and said maybe she should have got one if these instead.

My wife doesn't understand how the car can generate so much interest!

Sponsored

Maaaark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2016 Mustang GT Fastback Manual
I've noticed an odd trend, there seems to be a lot of online hate (eg. Facebook) for the Mustang but in real life I've never had any negative comments or reactions? Weird.

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible 5 Litre V8
We picked up our new mustang a couple of weeks ago and our first drive we went down to Mornington and visited the Strawberry farm (Sunnyridge). As we were getting into the car a group of senior ladies (I guess around 65 - 70) were getting into their new C class Mercedes and the owner came over and asked if she could have a look inside the Mustang. Opened it up and they all came over and checked it out. When she asked how much and I said around $60k she was surprised and said maybe she should have got one if these instead.

My wife doesn't understand how the car can generate so much interest!
Funny you say that cos the 2 loudest compliments my car has had have both come from professional women in black Mercs.

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Twister Orange 2020 FN GT
I've noticed an odd trend, there seems to be a lot of online hate (eg. Facebook) for the Mustang but in real life I've never had any negative comments or reactions? Weird.
Yes, I left an Australian general car Facebook page because I was sick of the bagging of Camaros and Mustangs, well anything that wasn’t European or Japanese it seemed.

I think they assume anything built in the USA is going to be average quality, but I have had nil mechanical problems with mine.

I get the ‘you see them everywhere now’ line as a putdown for the Mustang. I tell them that they are necessarily going to see the world’s most popular sports car a fair bit.

When was the last time a BMW or Lexus driver enthusiastically waved to a fellow driver? I don’t think we are in a bad position.

I guess we will have to just ignore the knockers...

Maaaark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2016 Mustang GT Fastback Manual
Yes, I left an Australian general car Facebook page because I was sick of the bagging of Camaros and Mustangs, well anything that wasn’t European or Japanese it seemed.

I think they assume anything built in the USA is going to be average quality, but I have had nil mechanical problems with mine.

I get the ‘you see them everywhere now’ line as a putdown for the Mustang. I tell them that they are necessarily going to see the world’s most popular sports car a fair bit.

When was the last time a BMW or Lexus driver enthusiastically waved to a fellow driver? I don’t think we are in a bad position.

I guess we will have to just ignore the knockers...
Yep spot on. I think a lot of it is badge snobbery, and probably owners of more expensive cars that are a bit butthurt about Mustangs being so popular. It's funny how they claim that "they're everywhere" now, no sh*t Sherlock, it is a mass produced car :doh: There's something about our cars that can't be explained, even after more than a year of ownership I still sometimes go to the garage just to look at it :D

RobH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
While I see a few mustangs around I see a lot more AMG C63's and BMW M4's.
I came from a 335i and the Mustang puts a bigger smile on the dial

Sponsored

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
It's nearly two years old and they're still taking photos.
apr1.jpg

OP
OP
Bobsp12

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
He is just taking a pic of all your empty Tooheys cans falling out of your car.

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
He is just taking a pic of all your empty Tooheys cans falling out of your car.
No empties, Bob, but as it happens there was a 30 can block in the boot.

:thumbsup:
Sponsored