The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Mine has the F4 nav card. Isn't it supposed to be F5?

The mirrors can't fold in the same as the stalks they sit on are different. Driver's side sticks out more than the passenger side, which is more swept back.
It is supposed to be F5, yes. F4 is outdated, speak toy our dealer to get it updated.

As for mirrors, think it's a separate issue what i've noted down, i'll have a look when I get a chance, but it's more the actual fold being 'wrong' as some peoples fold more than others.
Sponsored

Entick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Coupe
Hi guys,

Below is a list of things I believe everyone should look over before accepting their car from the dealer, these are in no particular order!

• F5 SD card for Maps (Nav only), some come with F4 (out of date) - Ask your dealer to upgrade this. NAV/SHAKER pro pack only.

• How do I know which SD card I have in mine? Where is the slot?

NornIron91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT

tooley

My Little Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Auto

Entick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Coupe
It's in the centre console.
Thanks guys - I have just checked and unfortunately mine says F4 on it.

Will be contacting my dealer for a replacement.
[MENTION=8211]stevec[/MENTION] make sure you check yours too!

Sponsored

Yellostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow Mustang GT Fastback
Hi all. First post on the forum - looks like great resource.

This sticky has just brought my attention to the fact that I'm paying 2016 prices for a car first ordered in 2015. I ordered a DIB GT Fastback with custom pack in February, so am paying the post-Jan 2016 price (34,495+595+1795=36,885).

However, this was not originally my order, but a "stock" order placed by the Ford dealership (franchise) in 2015. They were only able to let me spec the car up because it was early enough in the order process to change the configuration.

So, a bit of a grey area as to whether I should be paying the extra £500, but I'm sure the dealership won't be paying the higher price themselves. I suppose the fact that I was able to order a discontinued colour after it was discontinued is proof that it was a 2015 order.

Has anyone else had a similar experience or know where I stand?

Thanks

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
Sounds right to me. You have just been lucky to jump the que. the original contract for that car with the original buyer is now void and ford can sell the car on at the new price.

No different to buying off the forecourt. Just annoying it's not yours to have yet.

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Hi all. First post on the forum - looks like great resource.

This sticky has just brought my attention to the fact that I'm paying 2016 prices for a car first ordered in 2015. I ordered a DIB GT Fastback with custom pack in February, so am paying the post-Jan 2016 price (34,495+595+1795=36,885).

However, this was not originally my order, but a "stock" order placed by the Ford dealership (franchise) in 2015. They were only able to let me spec the car up because it was early enough in the order process to change the configuration.

So, a bit of a grey area as to whether I should be paying the extra £500, but I'm sure the dealership won't be paying the higher price themselves. I suppose the fact that I was able to order a discontinued colour after it was discontinued is proof that it was a 2015 order.

Has anyone else had a similar experience or know where I stand?

Thanks
AS you cancelled your order which had the price guarantee on, and moved to a car that you could pick up sooner you have to pay the new price.
On a plus, as Jimboy said, you got to jump the queue so i wouldn't worry about £500 too much, i'd pay £500 to have my car come tomorrow.

Yellostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sounds right to me. You have just been lucky to jump the que. the original contract for that car with the original buyer is now void and ford can sell the car on at the new price.

No different to buying off the forecourt. Just annoying it's not yours to have yet.
You're probably right and I shouldn't complain that my silver lining has a cloud. I'd happily have paid the £500 for early delivery (July/August predicted) and the colour I wanted anyway... but I just wouldn't want to be taken for a mug if they are pulling a fast one :doh:

Dealers aren't allowed to charge over list price - the question is which list price applies. They are charging me the MY2017 price for a MY2016 car, which still seems a bit dodgy to me.

Just to clarify, this wasn't actually a cancelled customer order. The dealer told me it was one of several cars they had ordered last year for stock.

Yellostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AS you cancelled your order which had the price guarantee on, and moved to a car that you could pick up sooner you have to pay the new price.
On a plus, as Jimboy said, you got to jump the queue so i wouldn't worry about £500 too much, i'd pay £500 to have my car come tomorrow.
Thanks guys. Looks like a consensus is forming and I'll have to suck it up.

Probably makes no difference, but just to clarify - I didn't cancel a previous order. My hijack of their existing stock order was my first dealing with the Ford dealership. My other concern is that I still have no official confirmation of the order, two weeks after putting down a deposit :confused:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks guys. Looks like a consensus is forming and I'll have to suck it up.

Probably makes no difference, but just to clarify - I didn't cancel a previous order. My hijack of their existing stock order was my first dealing with the Ford dealership. My other concern is that I still have no official confirmation of the order, two weeks after putting down a deposit :confused:
Not too sure, it's a bit of a grey space, I believe that the price lock only works on YOUR car that you ordered, switching orders means you remove the price lock and add a new one at current RRP down. In theory the process is that you order a car, your car gets locked on that price, you switch cars they cancel your order, move your deposit onto the new car, lock the price in at current price (which for you is +£500) and you're kosher. Ask your dealer for confirmation they should be able to get you it, just do it in person as most dealers are absolutley useless over the phone (yours maybe different).

Let's not flood this topic too much can make another thread to talk about this :)

deep south

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB auto convertible & Citroen C3
Interesting, I am sure that dealers were not supposed to be able to place "stock" orders, but only order 2 cars - one as a showroom demo and one for test drives... I am amazed if they got away with this; I think it is more likely a cancelled customer order.

But if you ordered in Feb 2016, you pay the Feb 2016 price... and it is up to Ford and the dealer how the "internal price" is handled.

If you are taking over an existing order, they should have been able to give the "order number" immediately (something like "M123"), and if you mail [email protected] the team there will be able to give you an estimated build date. Just send them your name, the dealer name and the order number with the date of the original order and when you took it over...

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Hi guys,

Below is a list of things I believe everyone should look over before accepting their car from the dealer, these are in no particular order!

• Panel Alignments - Check them all. Refuse anything else. Boot lid alignment aswell.
  • F5 SD card for Maps (Nav only), some come with F4 (out of date) - Ask your dealer to upgrade this. NAV/SHAKER pro pack only. Comes in Center Console / arm rest SD Card slot
  • Rear Window alignment / not shaking
  • Bonnet Pinch (Center of bonnet is pinched in) - FIX: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40731
  • Under-spray in the correct places, not haphazardly done
  • Wire Loom fix input (Heat resistor on loom) - IMPORTANT. If it is not done, arrange your dealer order the parts IMMEDIATELY and book yourself in to get it fixed. Better safe than sorry. GT ONLY
  • Tyre pressures
  • 'Delivery Mileage'
  • Plates put on as you asked (Holder or 'stuck on')
  • Window sticker (if you wish to keep it)
  • Paint swirls/Spiderwebs - Incorrectly 'prepared for pickup'
  • Scratches or marks on anything
  • Correct 'extras' added to the car
  • If financed - correct finance deal in place - READ THE SMALL PRINT
  • Correct price - there was a Jan 2016 £500 price rise, those ordered BEFORE 2016 should not be paying 'that extra £500' - check on your order form, that is what you pay.
  • Any prearrangement's with the dealer that you had have been carried out - specific to individual
  • Spare Tyre kit in place in the boot
  • Two keys with the car (Key blade in the key fobs as well)
  • Gear shifter doesn't make 'noises' (Might have to mention this to your dealer so they're aware before hand)
  • No dodgy paint work - Bubbles/silicone on the paint
  • No Dents anywhere
  • No Dirt anywhere
  • Proper 'Sync' installed (If Sync 3 is installed, don't mention it to your dealer :lol:)
  • Check operation of all lights
  • Check all levels, oil, water, brake fluid etc
  • Ask if they can put the car on a ramp to check steering suspension and brakes.
  • Individual Tonneau Caps should be in boot convertibles ONLY.
  • Check mirror's are operational and fold properly
  • Leather Trim of seats (and other parts) as per - http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1049339&posted=1#post1049339
  • Engine coolant levels
So that's my list, if there's anything worth adding please tell me so I know to add it to my list - and i'll add it.

This is set up to help those picking up their cars soon who might not know what to look for, or have missed previous peoples issues.

Thanks all for the additional points, seems we've got a quite comprehensive list now :)!
+ locking wheel nuts fitted
+ trunk/boot light functioning

Used the list yesterday when picking mine up. Kept me focussed; nearly! :)
Thanks [MENTION=20131]Manders Mustang[/MENTION]

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
And, here's my 'completed' checklist from when I went to view my car.

On the bits that say not checked, i checked on the pickup:

Spare Tyre repair kit was in.
Levels of fluids were all high
Mirrors fold properly
Boot light functions - so do all interior lights

davidathomas42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang S550 5.0 V8
Manders

Thanks for putting the list together.
I did a short video on YouTube using the list and my car for anyone who wants to use it as a guide.

Here's the link
Sponsored