Sponsored

Do you experience vibration and rumbling between 50 and 70 mph?

• Total voters

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
Just ordered the shaft masters DS. After messing with the hose clamps and thinking I had it fixed all it seemed to do is move the vibration higher up in speed. It's prob a waste of $$$ but i guess I can sell it right? Don't think I'll be putting a new rear in it. At some point you have to cut your loss.
I'm officialy fed up. Ford won't mess with it since its lowered even tho that has nothing to do with it.

I was fed up with Ford last month. Went out and test drove a few cars and traded it in. I probably could have eventually lemon lawed the car but I was so upset with the car and a wasted summer with the car at the dealer the whole time I just decided to move on.
Sponsored

Sick03L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang Premium Automagic
I’d be interested to hear if that works.

FWIW in talking to my DS repair buddy, the ends of the tranny and rear diff should be within 3 degrees of being on the same geometric plane. So if for example the tranny is pointing at 90 degrees, the end of the diff needs to be at or within 3 degrees of 270. They can be slightly offset from one another but if they are both pointing up, down or opposite each other it’s a no go. If you lowered the suspension, because of the IRS it’s possible that the geometry could have moved a bit which could cause a wobble vib.

Also, earlier in this thread, there’s a post from someone who had success with a Steeda subframe alignment kit.
It vibed at stock height... lowering changes nothing but axle geometry.

1024GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Are the 18’s having this issue or was it resolved? Maybe too early tell??

Sick03L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was fed up with Ford last month. Went out and test drove a few cars and traded it in. I probably could have eventually lemon lawed the car but I was so upset with the car and a wasted summer with the car at the dealer the whole time I just decided to move on.
I'm jussssssssst about there....

Sick03L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
It vibed at stock height... lowering changes nothing but axle geometry.
I don't know why people keep saying lowering the car makes it worse as there is zero driveline change made when adding lowering Springs. Look at all the cars over the years people have lowered or trucks being lifted and nobody complained about it then so something is amiss here and Ford has not let anyone know what it is. Whether it's fixed on the 18 is yet to be seen. Let's hope so. All I know is I was tired of messing with it and parted ways with my car.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Are the 18’s having this issue or was it resolved? Maybe too early tell??
Not a single report of vibes from the 18 auto or manual!

But lethal performance broke a half shaft with a 10 speed auto and a sticky tire!

CtheProducer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium | 3.55 rear |
My vibes are back at 90 + speeds..... joy. Very minute, but it is there, especially if you grab the rear view mirror. Little harder to pick up at first because I have an exhaust system on now.

I was able to purchase a used DSS aluminum 1 piece, so will be installing this with hopes of that working with no vibes. I had tried to shim the rear trans bracket down 1/4", but that did not do anything for me. If there is a little vibe left with the DSS then I will try to shim it down again.

Updates to come as soon as install happens.

yessirrom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT Convertible
I have been driving a 2018 F150 for the last 5 weeks. My car is still at the dealership waiting for a rear end to arrive from the factory. The dealer has been very nice but come on.

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Not a single report of vibes from the 18 auto or manual!

But lethal performance broke a half shaft with a 10 speed auto and a sticky tire!
This could be good news on the vibes, if they've found a fix.

Sponsored

barrykaye1001

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.discountpackagingdepot.com
First Name
Barry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
Was just looking at the poll results for this thread. Out of 947 voters, more than half haven't experienced the dreaded vibration. My question: where did the rest of us go wrong??!! :frusty:

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Was just looking at the poll results for this thread. Out of 947 voters, more than half haven't experienced the dreaded vibration. My question: where did the rest of us go wrong??!! :frusty:
Just received the low quality roll of the dice... Maybe ours were made on Monday or Friday...

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
Just received the low quality roll of the dice... Maybe ours were made on Monday or Friday...
My 16 Ford bought back had it but you 17 does not. The 17 had a note in the glove box from the people on the line wishing me a merry Christmas signed by several of them. Maybe thats the deal sometimes they want to be nice and do their jobs right.
Sponsored