Sponsored

2018 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2018 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

WAL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
This is how my order has gone thus far: ordered 8/17/18, VIN 10/19/17, in production 11/22/17, window sticker 11/23/17, blend date 12/4/17. I don’t have a delivery date, but I’m guessing sometime during the week of 12/18/17.
Sponsored

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I got a private cash coupon today in the mail. It says valid on 2017 and 2018 models. $750 expires 01-08-2018. I'll post a picture when i get home
I didn’t realize they had the private cash coupons on the 2018s. Did you order brochures on Ford’s website? I’ll definitely try to scoop one up once I have more visibility around the delivery timeframe of the PP2 orders.

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
Your order almost exactly mimics my buddies car. All those dates are within days of eachother and his blend date is December 4th also, first day of job #2. What's your build again? His is GT premium 10A 401a.

I have a question for everyone else also, so my original order stayed as a stock order so the window sticker shows all the pricing but my buddies car has always been a retail order and his window sticker has no pricing and it has a big water mark that says "this vehicle is not for sale". Does anyone know what this means?
Your buddies car doesn't show the price because it was spoken for and your original order shows a price because based on Ford nobody spoken for it. So it'll go on the lot to be sold. Hope that makes sense :)

disneyfun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Prem Calif Special, 2021 Mustang Mach-E
Your buddies car doesn't show the price because it was spoken for and your original order shows a price because based on Ford nobody spoken for it. So it'll go on the lot to be sold. Hope that makes sense :)
i dont buy that at all. spoken for or not they all have prices. usually the early ones done have them because they didnt get the epa mileage numbers on them yet, then they print a new one for it later and its passed everything. all of mine that have been ordered, special order retail or stock, have all had the info on them.

Dfred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang V6 Vert Candy Apple Red
And Cotus is down again..... not that it is very good any way. Thinking about going to see my dealer today to cancel my order and get a 2017 after January when the deep discounts will be available.... I have had a 2018 on order for 5 months and nothing.... no vin no any thing.

Sponsored

S550Josh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18GT Premium (On order)
And Cotus is down again..... not that it is very good any way. Thinking about going to see my dealer today to cancel my order and get a 2017 after January when the deep discounts will be available.... I have had a 2018 on order for 5 months and nothing.... no vin no any thing.
Where in KY did you order it? Just wondering

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I went by my dealer with my dad and I threatened to cancel my order. And when I went by they had a VIN waiting for me. Go by and talk to them. Maybe you do have a VIN.

And just the day before I went to the dealer my salesman said we don't have anything new.

Hmmm.... cotus works fine for me...

Dfred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)

Dfred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
I went by my dealer with my dad and I threatened to cancel my order. And when I went by they had a VIN waiting for me. Go by and talk to them. Maybe you do have a VIN.

And just the day before I went to the dealer my salesman said we don't have anything new.

Hmmm.... cotus works fine for me...
Yep got a vin..... no sticker...... my car has been scheduled and rescheduled three times since November 1st..... now scheduled for December 20th. Anybody know when the plant is shut down for The holidays..... hate for my car to get half way through the line and stop..... and Cotus is up but it just shows my vin, no DD or sticker vin #1FATP8UH6J5122010.

Cyrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Convertible
vin #1FATP8UH6J5122010.
Excellent choice of vehicle/options. I'd wait on it, but, I would also check with the dealer. You won't be happy with at '17. Not happy at all.

Sponsored

BigBoss5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP Premium
Finally got my VIN after several phone calls to the dealer. looks like my build date is in the 2nd week of January and my EDD is around Feb 1st. I ordered 08/22...and the waiting game continues, but at least I have a date to look forward to now.

S550Josh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18GT Premium (On order)
Yep got a vin..... no sticker...... my car has been scheduled and rescheduled three times since November 1st..... now scheduled for December 20th. Anybody know when the plant is shut down for The holidays..... hate for my car to get half way through the line and stop..... and Cotus is up but it just shows my vin, no DD or sticker vin #1FATP8UH6J5122010.
The truck plant here in Louisville will be shut down for a week during Xmas, Might be similar at other plants. Not sure the dates

Dfred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
The truck plant here in Louisville will be shut down for a week during Xmas, Might be similar at other plants. Not sure the dates
I think Flat Rock will be down two weeks...... but not sure the stop and start days......

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Should I call my dealer and ask them if it'll still be built December 18th? I'm sure if it changed they'd call me and tell me right?

WAL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Your order almost exactly mimics my buddies car. All those dates are within days of eachother and his blend date is December 4th also, first day of job #2. What's your build again? His is GT premium 10A 401a.

I have a question for everyone else also, so my original order stayed as a stock order so the window sticker shows all the pricing but my buddies car has always been a retail order and his window sticker has no pricing and it has a big water mark that says "this vehicle is not for sale". Does anyone know what this means?
Just the pdf doesnt have the info. Maybe once the car comes in it'll have all the #'s

Edit: even though it was Thanksgiving my buddies car still had a status change today. It now shows the EDD of 01-01-2018.
My car is the same as your friend's, GT premium 10A 401a. I had a status update today, 26 days to delivery (12/20/17). Also, my window sticker has the "vehicle not for sale" water-stamp and no EPA info. I think on or before the build date (12/4), the water-stamp will be removed, and the EPA info will be added. I believe it has nothing to do with the order status (stock vs retail). My dealer changed my order from retail to stock in early October.
Sponsored