Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

Fox9350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 5.0 GT (former car)
Question, the active exhaust allows you to change the mode and tone , especially making it quiet. Great feature...... If not choosing the option, when ordering the car, what is the default sound the car always has? Quiet?
Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Question, the active exhaust allows you to change the mode and tone , especially making it quiet. Great feature...... If not choosing the option, when ordering the car, what is the default sound the car always has? Quiet?

Nope. It's actually much louder than the '15-'17 exhaust. There are a few videos featuring a non-active version, and it sounds great :)

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
And it's not even straight. Every car I've ever bought -new or used, I've told the dealer in no uncertain terms that I will not take delivery if their obnoxious decal is on the back.

I checked and while it sort of looks crooked, it in fact is not! Fred Beans takes the placement of his obnoxious dealer decals seriously. His dedicated staff of professionals use state of the art survey equipment to determine the true horizon and the decal is placed parallel to that measured reading as confirmed by global gps. It is actually Ford’s fault for not shaping the body panel properly in the first place. I urge you to contact Ford with said photo and ask them how this could happen.

And seriously people, why aren’t you liking Mr. Beans, and I said “Mr.”; as he must be an entrepreneur of the highest order. Hell, I may even get the beautiful Fred Beans racing stripe optional stripe kit with the reflective Fred Beans name emblazoned on my hood, roof, and doors. You other people simply do not understand!

Last edited:

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Painted means you can get any color, width, shape, etc.

Painted means no special care for the stripes.

Painted means not replacing the entire stripe on a panel if it gets damaged in any way such as a rock chip. You just touch it up like you would minor damage to any painted part.
1. Decals you can too
2. I never had to take "special care" of any decals I've had.
3. Decals dont chip as easily.
4. Decals are cheaper to replace/change out than paint
5. No need to worry about paint matching after an accident. Just have the panel resprayed then pay $50 for a replacement decal.

I've had decals on my Mach1, and on my white ZX2 (full length over the hood body) and I NEVER would have gotten them painted on. I'd be a damn idiot with to much money to waste to do that. Neither of them ever got a single chip in them over the life of them that I had them.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
BTW: I’m sure he has someone designing the “Fred Beans” racing stripe option. Oh - If Fred Beans is a sponsor of this web site then feel free to delete this blatant act of free speech. :ford:
It's an outside vendor. He does stripes for most the Ford dealers in the area. Murphy Ford used to have a guy that did custom hand done pin stripping but that stopped in the early 80's.

Sponsored

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
It's an outside vendor. He does stripes for most the Ford dealers in the area. Murphy Ford used to have a guy that did custom hand done pin stripping but that stopped in the early 80's.

Oy veh! If that is for real then I officially raise the white flag and give up.

Fred Beans: 1

Fatguy: 0

I’m not even going to check this out on the off-chance that there really is a Fred Beans racing stripe kit! Man - you can’t even have fun on a Friday!:doh:

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Oy veh! If that is for real then I officially raise the white flag and give up.

Fred Beans: 1

Fatguy: 0

I’m not even going to check this out on the off-chance that there really is a Fred Beans racing stripe kit! Man - you can’t even have fun on a Friday!:doh:
Its a "Fred beans" kit in that they let you pick out any color a few width selections and spacing, or just pick a color and they apply them in a similar style to the GT350's. Most dealers of any brand have a service like this, they just named theirs.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Its a "Fred beans" kit in that they let you pick out any color a few width selections and spacing, or just pick a color and they apply them in a similar style to the GT350's. Most dealers of any brand have a service like this, they just named theirs.

:hail: Fred Beans

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

foqus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963 Volkswagen Beetle, 2018 Mustang GT
1. Decals you can too
2. I never had to take "special care" of any decals I've had.
3. Decals dont chip as easily.
4. Decals are cheaper to replace/change out than paint
5. No need to worry about paint matching after an accident. Just have the panel resprayed then pay $50 for a replacement decal.
ANY color? My mistake. Didn't know I could get lighting-shaped decals that fade from K77 Midnight Blue to L87 Pearl White. Interesting...do you have the source where I could order those?

Maybe, and I mean MAYBE won't chip as easily, but of course they chip. And then you can't touch them up like you can with paint.

I personally don't plan on changing out my painted stripes. If I put on stickers, I WOULD certainly eventually have to pay to replace them...again and again depending on how long I keep the car. Painting them is one and done...just like the paint job on the car.

Sponsored

LowcountryMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
Decibel wise the quiet mode is on par with the stock 15-17 Exhaust. Maybe a bit quieter. Normal gets a good throaty sound that, if it was your only choice, would not be a bad thing. Sport and Track are a little bit harder to completely differentiate, based on reviews. Worth the $895 as it gives you choices and it was confirmed that it can work with Mods.

Fox9350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 5.0 GT (former car)
Decibel wise the quiet mode is on par with the stock 15-17 Exhaust. Maybe a bit quieter. Normal gets a good throaty sound that, if it was your only choice, would not be a bad thing. Sport and Track are a little bit harder to completely differentiate, based on reviews. Worth the $895 as it gives you choices and it was confirmed that it can work with Mods.
Ok, good recap on the modes and sounds....but still....if someone opts to not choose the active exhaust option, which mode do they effectively get?

LowcountryMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
Ok, good recap on the modes and sounds....but still....if someone opts to not choose the active exhaust option, which mode do they effectively get?
Normal. I don't think fully confirmed by Ford, but the multitude of video reviews point to Normal "mode" and stock exhaust being the same.

Endokendal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Ruby Red
I test drove an 18 active exhaust and an 18 non-active exhaust... and the non-active stock is on par with my Roush axle-backs on my 15, which does seem to be the same as normal mode on the active. Definitely louder that the stock on the 15-17’s. Sounded excellent to me. Sport was a bit louder and Track setting was quite loud!

Last edited:

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
ANY color? My mistake. Didn't know I could get lighting-shaped decals that fade from K77 Midnight Blue to L87 Pearl White. Interesting...do you have the source where I could order those?

Maybe, and I mean MAYBE won't chip as easily, but of course they chip. And then you can't touch them up like you can with paint.

I personally don't plan on changing out my painted stripes. If I put on stickers, I WOULD certainly eventually have to pay to replace them...again and again depending on how long I keep the car. Painting them is one and done...just like the paint job on the car.

I'm not feeling it.

If you have some special purpose build, we all get it, but your comments about decals are bit outdated bro. It is almost 2018 now, decals don't do all the crap you say they are, unless you rallycross and throw rocks at them day in and day out, etc.

Order triple of whatever your design will be, and you are still $3K cheaper. Just saying. But again, if you have some special purpose build, ok.
Sponsored