de-chroming custom pack

SpArKy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Has anyone had an success de-chroming the window surrounds on the custom pack? is there a tried and tested method to doing it? i just want them black i think.

ta
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
You can....

1) wrap them
2) remove and paint them
3) plastidip

Depends how perma you want them, very commonly done and know personally a fair few who have done it. So it's your choice, but it's doable

djone101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
None
Vehicle(s)
None
We’ve found wrapping to be the best solution. Fiddly job but looks as good as stock if done by a pro.

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Gibbo has his wrapped and I must say it looked excellent. If you didn’t know, there is no way you would have spotted it.

OP
OP
SpArKy

SpArKy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
thanks guys, looks like wrapping them's the way to go. :)

Sponsored

marino13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang, Porsche 911
Yep I was thinking of doing the same thing - have a Shadow Black and don't like the chrome.

Now I just have to find someone that will do it for me professionally...

OP
OP
SpArKy

SpArKy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Yep I was thinking of doing the same thing - have a Shadow Black and don't like the chrome.

Now I just have to find someone that will do it for me professionally...
i actually don't mind the chrome, with the silver wheels. but i'm considering changing them to something a little darker and then i think the chrome might look odd, wrapping definitely seems the way to go.

WOLFMAN

wolfman
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stewart
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang fast back 5.0 V8
Has anyone had an success de-chroming the window surrounds on the custom pack? is there a tried and tested method to doing it? i just want them black i think.

ta
I had my race red fast back de-chromed and was money well spent. I used a company called Premier signs in Doncaster who did a great job. Gibbo I think used the same manufacturer as me Hexis UK Ltd who do a good Automotive Vehicle Wrap for a special automotive film. If you do go ahead get a couple of estimates from companies and check their workmanship as it is a very intricate job to get it right but worth it.:thumbsup:

marino13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After speaking to my brother he's suggested I get them professionally sprayed. I've contacted a body shop for a quote and will let you guys know...

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
After speaking to my brother he's suggested I get them professionally sprayed. I've contacted a body shop for a quote and will let you guys know...
Get a quote for wrapping too. Will be much quicker and it’s reversible if you ever decided to change your mind. Also easy to replace if it was to ever get damaged for what ever reason. :)

Sponsored

marino13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Get a quote for wrapping too. Will be much quicker and it’s reversible if you ever decided to change your mind. Also easy to replace if it was to ever get damaged for what ever reason. :)
It doesn't appear anyone over here does wrapping - well no one that I've called anyway.

The quote for spraying is ÂŁ300 so I'm going to fork out for that in a couple of weeks (potential Christmas bonus quickly disappearing...)

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
It doesn't appear anyone over here does wrapping - well no one that I've called anyway.

The quote for spraying is ÂŁ300 so I'm going to fork out for that in a couple of weeks (potential Christmas bonus quickly disappearing...)
Buy your own wrap, and some 3m tape (it's all it's held on by) take it off, wrap it yourself, save dollas.

OP
OP
SpArKy

SpArKy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
thanks for the advice. got em wrapped this morning. much better :)

1.jpg

2.jpg

OP
OP
SpArKy

SpArKy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I can't resist it, sorry. Why order the chrome (at extra cost) in the first place?
fair question.

cos i was impatient and bought an ex-demo car, which already had the full custom pack. wasn't a deal-breaker for me and I didn't have to wait 9-12 months for a car which would have been the alternative :clap2:

OP
OP
SpArKy

SpArKy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Excellent answer. Did you get the lifetime warranty YUASA from Halfords?
yep, the ÂŁ150odd one. that reminds me I need to phone ford and try and get them to pay for it!! :frusty:
Sponsored