Sponsored

Michelin PS4S

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Can now get them for the Mustang, apparently as good in dry as Super Sports but much better in wet. See video

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Michelin/Pilot-Sport-4-S.htm

My P Zeros are noticeable worn after just over 5k miles, not surprised as driving car around in damp it's like driving on an ice rink
My Pzero also only lasted under 5k miles.

Sold car with supersports, rears had done 10k miles, still over 4mm tread on them, at which point they were moved to the front.

Better performance and they last longer, win win. :)

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
My Pzero also only lasted under 5k miles.

Sold car with supersports, rears had done 10k miles, still over 4mm tread on them, at which point they were moved to the front.

Better performance and they last longer, win win. :)
Even in the dry, a month or so ago (temperature was about 15 deg c and tyres were kinda warm as driving for about 15 minutes) - I gave it the beans from a standing start and back fishtailed like a maniac. I always have it in Sports + mode unless raining but still E90 M3 was not like that with traction partially off! Then had another incident where gave way on the roundabout at fairly slow speed, managed to correct it but M3 was much more predictable and easier to control when back goes. Probably got to get used to the additional weight of mustang and need better tyres.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Even in the dry, a month or so ago (temperature was about 15 deg c and tyres were kinda warm as driving for about 15 minutes) - I gave it the beans from a standing start and back fishtailed like a maniac. I always have it in Sports + mode unless raining but still E90 M3 was not like that with traction partially off! Then had another incident where gave way on the roundabout at fairly slow speed, managed to correct it but M3 was much more predictable and easier to control when back goes. Probably got to get used to the additional weight of mustang and need better tyres.
M3 has far less torque so naturally puts power down better and the power curve is more linear due to its high RPM nature.

But with MPSS or PS4s I never had such issue on my Mustang in the dry above 5c, let alone 15c. Was pretty damn fine in the wet too as long as 10c or warmer.

The Michelin rubber just switches on better and quicker than the Pirelli rubber.

Also the problem with Pirelli is the Pzero has undergone several revisions, but as they just leave them called Pzero you never really know if your getting the better one.

But its not just this forum, BMW forums, Porsche forums are littered with people complaining about Pzero and then changing to MPSS or PS4S and being gob smacked at the improvement.

Pzero must just be very cheap when sold in volume to car manufacturers, hence why so many use it. Still could be far worse, Ford could of being putting budget tyres on the Mustang, like Ling Long. :D

Sponsored

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
I must be doing something wrong.... my original P zeros are in the garage and have 5k on them and loads of life left... (I'll be sticking them back on in a few weeks):D

The P zeros on my Project 6G wheels have done 15k miles, including drag racing at Avon Park, track driving at Curborough, and a few line locks for fun:thumbsup:. They're just about done, but realistically, they probably have another 2k in them:thumbsup::headbang:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I must be doing something wrong.... my original P zeros are in the garage and have 5k on them and loads of life left... (I'll be sticking them back on in a few weeks):D

The P zeros on my Project 6G wheels have done 15k miles, including drag racing at Avon Park, track driving at Curborough, and a few line locks for fun:thumbsup:. They're just about done, but realistically, they probably have another 2k in them:thumbsup::headbang:
I have two, 255/40/19 pzeros. I'll let them go for next to fuck all with decent tread on them 5 and 7mm respectivley. Just need the space and shit :lol:

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
I'm running 285 front and 305 rear:)... already got a set of pilot sports to go on the project 6G wheels:)

WOLFMAN

wolfman
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stewart
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang fast back 5.0 V8
I'm running 285 front and 305 rear:)... already got a set of pilot sports to go on the project 6G wheels:)
Enoch where did you get your 305x35x19 Pilot Sports from. I am currently running Front 285x35x19 10" & Rear 295x35x19 11". Looking to change rears to 305s.:cheers:

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

A Real Hero

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang 2.3L EB Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]id=c0Y7eTR5D38;t=719[/MEDIA]"]

Here's a review somebody across the pond made with PS4S on their GT350. :love:

Has anybody been able to successfully order these tires yet in 255/40/R19 ?

None of the suppliers I've tried have been able to give a date when they're available. :shrug:

Last edited:

GuyW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Costco can get them on a next day delivery.

Checked at a couple of local branches. Enquired yesterday, they could be in store on the 28th.

Can't recall exact price but rounding to the nearest pound. (Fully fitted)

Fronts - £230.
Rears - £250

OP
OP

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think Costco were charging closer to £270 for rears

OP
OP

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I asked the tyre dept. yesterday as I was leaving the Farnborough branch. Got the above prices.
Ok thanks, ill double check im not being ripped off
Sponsored