OP

dhallworth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Searching for a Mustang
All along I've been convinced I wanted a manual but after reading online and watching video reviews everywhere I'm not convinced anymore.

The A10 seems to pop fart on upshifts and blip on downshifts, it sounds great.

Think I need to test drive both when I can and make my mind up from there.

David.
Sponsored

Snap On Pete

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
S550GT 2017MY Grabber Blue
Watching this with interest... and may well be in the market for a New 2017 Grabber Blue Shadow 5.0
Went off the idea last year and bought the hot rod instead.. Thats sold now, and interesting Ford willing to` knock off` a bit now..
May well be getting the car i was keen on over a year ago..at a cheaper price too..
Will put some feelers out there and see what happens.. Thanks for the heads up on CarWow etc.,,

Would make sense too registering after 1st Jan and will be 2018 then.. Just helpful on values a bit..i guess..

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
May well be getting the car i was keen on over a year ago..at a cheaper price too..
Ah but you've lost a year's Mustang ownership time that you're not getting back ;)

Seriously though, i'd imagine Ford are keen to shift some current models with the prices for the 18s due out this week. Might be even bigger deals to be had after that.
If you feel like sticking some photos up of that hotrod i'd love to see them :thumbsup:

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
When to buy?

I waited till Aug of 2016 to purchase my ruby red. w/3.55:1 gear I smile every time the tires slip!
tn_20171125_115033.jpg

Snap On Pete

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ah but you've lost a year's Mustang ownership time that you're not getting back ;)

Seriously though, i'd imagine Ford are keen to shift some current models with the prices for the 18s due out this week. Might be even bigger deals to be had after that.
If you feel like sticking some photos up of that hotrod i'd love to see them :thumbsup:
Lol..Ahhh but had over a year with a show winning, Custom Car featured Hot Rod..
Just got a bit fed up with the crowds of people at the shows that flock around it.! If i buy a S550 that will get rid of them..!!

Check out my Flickr album for some great pictures..These were mainly taken by Custom Car Magazine.. Car was featured Feb 2016...

https://www.flickr.com/gp/156857217@N06/M6s749

Sponsored

Snap On Pete

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
With regards to deals... Getting no where fast..some of these dealers are a complete waste of time..
Lure you in and when it comes to it...3/4 of them dont give a penny off !!

Been offered an Auto...so might consider that too.?

Last edited:

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
Lol..Ahhh but had over a year with a show winning, Custom Car featured Hot Rod..
Just got a bit fed up with the crowds of people at the shows that flock around it.! If i buy a S550 that will get rid of them..!!

Check out my Flickr album for some great pictures..These were mainly taken by Custom Car Magazine.. Car was featured Feb 2016...

that was one stunning motor Pete,
yea there were a few people round it at shows :D

OP
OP

dhallworth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Searching for a Mustang
My brother and a few friends have bought cars from CarWow and have only had good things to say about them. Although i guess it’s entirely dealer specific.

At the moment, none of the dealers seem particularly willing to discount the MY17’s by more then a few quid, some of them aren’t offering any discount at all.

One dealer told me that they won’t have any MY17 stock sitting unregistered when the MY18 stock becomes available. With that in mind, you might be better off waiting until February/March time before the new models start to land and buying a pre-registered MY17.

I’ve made my decision (depending on MY18 pricing) that I’m hanging fire for the new model.

David.

Flamesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY19 Fastback V8 5.0 Race Red White Stripes Custom Pack 2 Magneride Spoiler Ebony
Best offer I had on carwow was ÂŁ1800 off

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic

That's stunning!

Sponsored

Snap On Pete

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Best offer I had on carwow was ÂŁ1800 off
One come back with ÂŁ1500 off before some extra haggling..apart from that they just messaged me with RRPs !..

Decided if i buy, will go for the Auto.. Which then bumps the List price up into the EXTRA VED bracket !! Cant win lol.! :frusty:

Anyone got around this.. ? with discount comes just under ÂŁ40k..but from what i know, it is based on price before...?

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
One come back with ÂŁ1500 off before some extra haggling..apart from that they just messaged me with RRPs !..

Decided if i buy, will go for the Auto.. Which then bumps the List price up into the EXTRA VED bracket !! Cant win lol.! :frusty:

Anyone got around this.. ? with discount comes just under ÂŁ40k..but from what i know, it is based on price before...?
Make sure you're not including the VED price in the total.... it's ÂŁ2k and although you have to pay it, it's not counted in the list price...:)

Snap On Pete

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Well bit the bullet.. and just ordered me a Grabber Blue with all the bells and whistles..

Car is in the compound and will be registering 1st Jan for collection 2nd..
Sandicliffes in Leics through CarWow came up trumps..

https://quotes.carwow.co.uk/r/1307651 If anyone is thinking the same..

Tara and Leila were very helpful and responsive... and a GREAT deal more interested than i can say about many of the dealers...!!

Cant believe the lack of response i got, ringing around too.. Some still have not called me back 2 days later...and the average quote was;;

! `No you wont get any money off a mustang i`m afraid..hahha ha..` REALLY !!
Unbelievable...and just shows you what can be achieved for a little hard work.. Dont take anyones word as gospel..!

Thats MY Christmas present SORTED !!

Cant wait to get it home and take it all to bits lol..!!

Last edited:

downthepub

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Miles
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, VW California
Excellent news! What a Christmas present! I had something very similar last year on the 24th December!