Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
Welcome to the Internet.

FYI, I think I can speak for the vast majority of current S550 owners in saying that if they hadn't made the front end a mess, I'd be singing the praises of the 18 refresh. They added a ridiculous amount of new content/upgrades for a refresh, which would make it an instant hit but for the front end styling.
I really doubt the majority part.
Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
This entire thread is garbage and typical new model year hate circle jerk. Here is a summary of all 450+ pages of garbage that didn't need to exist:

-"Eww the front end"
-People freak out over a $2,900 price difference between a 2017 and 2018 (Base model + PP) despite getting 460hp, 7,500k redline, better tires, better safety equipment, better electronics, better gas mileage, etc.
-More new model bashing because people are insecure over the new model being objectively better
-"How can you spend $xx,xxx on a car?????!!!?!?!?!?!!?"
-"Eww the front end"
-"I know what people want more than all the executives at Ford despite the Ford mustang dominating muscle car sales since 2011"
-people getting butthurt
-"Eww the front end"
-"blah blah Camero blah blah blah"
-long-winded arguments about body panel gaps
-"Eww the front end"
-"doesn't look look aggressive enough to offset my small junk and insecurities"
-"Eww the front end"
-Ford should have done this differently because I know more than an engineer"
-Old people talk about the good ole days when x car had authentic x material
-"Eww the front end"

World ends in 2018 confirmed!
If everyone thought alike and we liked everything in the same way, we'd all be goose stepping in some parade in N. Korea.

Last edited:

entaiiie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' GT
Its important for the community to make their voices heard, that’s how ford can know what their buyers want and what they can do differently. Feed back is great, wether positive or negative. That’s how the brand and their products becomes better. What you are doing is not constructive, no one likes a fan-boy.
pretty sure they are going to base that off of sales, and not random whiners on an internet forum : P

Spirit Of Fire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Faster Horse
pretty sure they are going to base that off of sales, and not random whiners on an internet forum : P
Every “whiner” in here owns a new mustang, we are their consumer base. Our actions dictates their sales. Not listening to us would be a terrible business move, and just gives their competitions an advantage to carter to our needs and make us their customers. Business that ignores their customer’s needs and complaints don’t stay in business for long.

Sponsored

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
Every “whiner” in here owns a new mustang, we are their consumer base. Our actions dictates their sales. Not listening to us would be a terrible business move, and just gives their competitions an advantage to carter to our needs and make us their customers. Business that ignores their customer’s needs and complaints don’t stay in business for long.
You know that most people who owns a mustang don’t go to forums online right? Also, everything happens for a reason, especially things like a design choice, I’m 100% sure there was some kind of survey related to this design and it went through, i.e. most people who’s seen it likes it.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
You know that most people who owns a mustang don’t go to forums online right? Also, everything happens for a reason, especially things like a design choice, I’m 100% sure there was some kind of survey related to this design and it went through, i.e. most people who’s seen it likes it.
I would argue that the 6g Camaro is worse in almost every way except performance because they were catering to the enthusiast crowd. The enthusiast wants to be catered to (absolute performance) but at the cost of a better all-around car...

LowcountryMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
This entire thread is garbage and typical new model year hate circle jerk. Here is a summary of all 450+ pages of garbage that didn't need to exist:

-"Eww the front end"
-People freak out over a $2,900 price difference between a 2017 and 2018 (Base model + PP) despite getting 460hp, 7,500k redline, better tires, better safety equipment, better electronics, better gas mileage, etc.
-More new model bashing because people are insecure over the new model being objectively better
-"How can you spend $xx,xxx on a car?????!!!?!?!?!?!!?"
-"Eww the front end"
-"I know what people want more than all the executives at Ford despite the Ford mustang dominating muscle car sales since 2011"
-people getting butthurt
-"Eww the front end"
-"blah blah Camero blah blah blah"
-long-winded arguments about body panel gaps
-"Eww the front end"
-"doesn't look look aggressive enough to offset my small junk and insecurities"
-"Eww the front end"
-Ford should have done this differently because I know more than an engineer"
-Old people talk about the good ole days when x car had authentic x material
-"Eww the front end"

World ends in 2018 confirmed!
:clap2:
B7CB4C64-C7B3-4753-BDD5-E9CEA48B1678.jpeg

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
This. The facelift grew on me over time, but after seeing it live at IAA I was sure I will definitely not buy one since the prefl is just so much better looking. And I don't want a car that's I'm not really into. So actually I'm looking into a Camaro SS besides other cars right now and I'm sure I'm not the only Mustang fan they lost with their new design.

It's fine that some people like it, but nevertheless the design is way more controversial than the S550 introduction

Double

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Ruby Red A10
Vehicle Showcase
This. The facelift grew on me over time, but after seeing it live at IAA I was sure I will definitely not buy one since the prefl is just so much better looking. And I don't want a car that's I'm not really into. So actually I'm looking into a Camaro SS besides other cars right now and I'm sure I'm not the only Mustang fan they lost with their new design.

It's fine that some people like it, but nevertheless the design is way more controversial than the S550 introduction
You don't like the look of the facelift
You prefere the look of the pre facelift
And are now looking into a Camaro SS

Why not get a pre-fl ? Are you on the wrong forum ? :D

Sponsored

RStoepel93

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronny
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP (Ordered)

Have fun driving a sub par and slower car

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
This entire thread is garbage and typical new model year hate circle jerk. Here is a summary of all 450+ pages of garbage that didn't need to exist
8 posts and summing up 450 pages of other members opinions as garbage. You're a real asset to this community.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
You don't like the look of the facelift
You prefere the look of the pre facelift
And are now looking into a Camaro SS

Why not get a pre-fl ? Are you on the wrong forum ? :D
PreFl is not off the table, but I already had one last year and there are so many things you need to fix with by yourself on the european model. No Tribar DRLs, no underbody protection, really bad Pzero tires, lack of low-rpm power (european models only have 421hp and additionally your third gear has a huge power gap around 50km/h for some EU regulations), really cheap steering wheel, really weak stock exhaust, etc. If you fix all of that (new exhaust, protect the underbody, install DD tribars, etc) you can basically buy a new car.

So I'm still not decided, but the point is that if the facelift would look different it would be my choice.

GNN60GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1 20 F250 6.7 20 Explorer
Have fun driving a sub par and slower car
According to specs my 67 GT500 is subpar and slower then a 2018 gt. Mpgs. Horsepower. Technology. Handling. Everything. Its not even close.

Guess which one I think is more fun to drive?

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
PreFl is not off the table, but I already had one last year and there are so many things you need to fix with by yourself on the european model. No Tribar DRLs, no underbody protection, really bad Pzero tires, lack of low-rpm power (european models only have 421hp and additionally your third gear has a huge power gap around 50km/h for some EU regulations), really cheap steering wheel, really weak stock exhaust, etc. If you fix all of that (new exhaust, protect the underbody, install DD tribars, etc) you can basically buy a new car.

So I'm still not decided, but the point is that if the facelift would look different it would be my choice.
Sounds like a POS out of the box :cheers:
Sponsored