Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Do we know when full reviews for these drop? I'm looking to have a decision on if I wanna get a 17 or 18 soon.

Mostly for the '18 I'm wondering how much of a difference the Magnaride makes.
Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Do we know when full reviews for these drop? I'm looking to have a decision on if I wanna get a 17 or 18 soon.

Mostly for the '18 I'm wondering how much of a difference the Magnaride makes.
On the street, probably not much. On the track, probably noticeable. I think the replacement cost on the shocks is the biggest downside. Way too expensive.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
On the street, probably not much. On the track, probably noticeable. I think the replacement cost on the shocks is the biggest downside. Way too expensive.
How about "spirited driving" ;)

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
How about "spirited driving" ;)
Probably a slight advantage there since you can stiffen it up some. I think once we see some reviews on it, that will help. Although, there are some very competitive aftermarket setups to improve handling with shocks and springs. I've never seen someone complain that bought the magneride option. Even with spirited driving though, you can get some really good aftermarket options without worrying about the cost down the road of replacing magneride.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
I liked the wheel gap on my PP before I got a 285/35/19 square setup, now I think it needs to come down half an inch. And I don't like lowered cars.
Then why on Earth did you decide for that tire size? They are 3% lower in the rear than the 275/40 so no wonder the gap got too big.

I made a simple example of how the aspect ratio (mistakenly called profile by the person I quoted) can be different even with the same overall tire diameter. So my post is still absolutely correct.
QFT

Sponsored

Double

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Ruby Red A10
Vehicle Showcase
Just me or does new car look bigger in that pic? Lol just the angle
White color vs a black color makes the white car look bigger. Plus the blacked out Mustang badge on the white car also makes the grill look bigger. And the angle doesn't help :)

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Loving the look of the '18. It looks designed rather than just stuck together somehow.
It's amazing how people can see exactly the opposite of the same thing, as I do relative to you.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
I think this is the frist video where we can see the real carbon package with alcantara seats and door panels
Nice. Even the automatic shifter knob has the carbon pattern.

Sponsored

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
it's look-a-like, otherwise the carbon package would be way more expansive

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
I don’t know why people always say it’s a look a like, carbon fiber is just a special type of plastic at the core, and it has different grades just like every thing else, i.e. the lower grade ones are a lot cheap than the top shelf ones.

Double

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Ruby Red A10
Vehicle Showcase
At least it's not a hydro dip or some kind of film, it seemed to have real depth. Looks to be real carbon, but won't be saving any weight with it. So depends what you define as real carbon or look a like.

Personally would have to see it to have an opinion about liking it or not, personally prefere the contrast of the brushed aluminium.
Sponsored