Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

Since-64'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT (soon)
I'm looking forward to seeing the 2018's hopefully soon on dealer lots just to check it out. That front end makes me flip flop all the time on how I feel about it. At times I love it and leave my computer thinking it looks a lot like a Jaguar (am i crazy?) and at other times I leave my computer thinking it looks like a bloated Miata and start yelling to the closest person that will listen that "I'm buying a Challenger --- there's going to be a damn Dodge in my garage, can you believe what its come to?!".

Rest of the car however is great. I find it looks much better in video then it does in pictures. Not sure what gives. I'm sure seeing it in person will solidify my opinion one way or another.
Sponsored

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
I'm looking forward to seeing the 2018's hopefully soon on dealer lots just to check it out. That front end makes me flip flop all the time on how I feel about it. At times I love it and leave my computer thinking it looks a lot like a Jaguar (am i crazy?) and at other times I leave my computer thinking it looks like a bloated Miata and start yelling to the closest person that will listen that "I'm buying a Challenger --- there's going to be a damn Dodge in my garage, can you believe what its come to?!".

Rest of the car however is great. I find it looks much better in video then it does in pictures. Not sure what gives. I'm sure seeing it in person will solidify my opinion one way or another.
attachment-3.jpg

I don't know this picture the orange fury looks pretty mean. I will go by a dealer as well to see it in person.

cgreen5150

cgreen5150
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, Premium, PP, Recaros
Would assume a big part of overboost is to make the engine have a different characteristic. I generally dislike turbo engines because they give their power in a short burst, unpleasant and too short to really enjoy, car goes all over the place and easy too lose power by spinning the wheels and such.

With overboost capabilities, they can drop down the power in the first few gears and increase the boost at higher gears, more stable, less jerky and wheels won't spin. All round more pleasant and prolly feel more like an N/A engine. Ofc I have no clue what the goal was for Ford but would hope this was it. Ferarri been doing this for a while. Software adjustable V-tec XD.

Would require some software and sensory magic normally not available for on the fly changes in mainstream turbo engines.

Prolly have to compare it side by side but I would prolly enjoy it over the previous ecoboost.
Dude...really?? Is typing the word "probably" that much harder than "prolly" ?! It's two extra key strokes. :frusty:

Since-64'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT (soon)
attachment-3.jpg

I don't know this picture the orange fury looks pretty mean. I will go by a dealer as well to see it in person.
Yeah it looks great in that picture. Orange Fury looks to be a great color and Im usually not into yellow or orange. In the end I just know Im going to end up picking between magnetic, blue (lightning and kona), white or ruby red.

Another thing I'm eager to find out about is what is PP2 going to turn out to be and why its late availability. Should be interesting.

Sponsored

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah it looks great in that picture. Orange Fury looks to be a great color and Im usually not into yellow or orange. In the end I just know Im going to end up picking between magnetic, blue (lightning and kona), white or ruby red.

Another thing I'm eager to find out about is what is PP2 going to turn out to be and why its late availability. Should be interesting.
I just like how orange fury looks and that when someone sees me driving down the road they'll know its an 18. I did like lightning blue but I just kept going back to OF. And my mom said go with your gut and my gut kept telling me OF.

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like Orange Fury will be the color to have in 2018.
It doesn't help that all of Ford's vehicles they send out are in that color. But hey. It must be a good color if Ford keeps pushing it. They don't really push the crimson color.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Orange Fury looks to be a great color and Im usually not into yellow or orange.
As a seasoned yellow and orange car buyer I'd say don't be fooled by the pictures you have seen. Yellow and orange react much harder to different lighting circumstances and white balance settings than any other color. Because of the metallic in it Orange Fury will pop like crazy in bright sunlight, but on a cloudy day it will look much much more sedated. Most of the time your car will not look nothing like the bright picture above.

Double

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Ruby Red A10
Vehicle Showcase
Dude...really?? Is typing the word "probably" that much harder than "prolly" ?! It's two extra key strokes. :frusty:
That has become a habit of mine from when I was never sure how to write it and auto correction wasn't a thing. That's how this stuff is born I guess.

Also much easier to type looking at button location on the keyboard :)

Sponsored

Double

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Ruby Red A10
Vehicle Showcase
I find prolly users also write unreadable ignorant rubbish too.
Prolly in itself suggests you have no clue what you are talking about so you are prolly right XD

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
I think it's kind of funny when they just photoshop the US pics into an EU model :lol:
Too bad they just show the orange fury one in Frankfurt, since it's nearly the same build they've shown at Shanghai Auto Show earlier. Would love to see a darker color with performance spoiler
Sponsored