Sponsored

Whipple 10rib kit, tensioner pulley?

v8ter

Typing...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG GT 2015 50TH
Is the spacer for the 10rib for the billet tensioner different vs the oem tensioner?
Sponsored

Last edited:

BigMikeVP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 s550 GTPP
Is the spacer for the 10rib for the billet tensioner different vs the oem tensioner?
having issues with slippage? Why the 10 rib kit?

OP
OP
v8ter

v8ter

Typing...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG GT 2015 50TH
OP
OP
v8ter

v8ter

Typing...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG GT 2015 50TH
Jk, Im at high altitude and using a 3.50" on 93octanes, and Im using a 2step and think it will help for that and on a 3.50 even though I dont really have issues with it slipping but after you go smaller then that it probably will

Superman15

Shake n Bake
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP Oxford White
You are running a 3.5 pulley on straight 93 octane? No Torco or Octanium? If so, how does your knock look at high RPM's?

Sponsored

FIVE_LITER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Competition Orange
You are running a 3.5 pulley on straight 93 octane? No Torco or Octanium? If so, how does your knock look at high RPM's?
Hes at high altitude, hes not shoving as much air in as he would being closer to sea level

Superman15

Shake n Bake
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
Hes at high altitude, hes not shoving as much air in as he would being closer to sea level
Thank you. I'd still be interested in seeing how happy that knock sensor is at high RPM's.

OP
OP
v8ter

v8ter

Typing...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG GT 2015 50TH
Thank you. I'd still be interested in seeing how happy that knock sensor is at high RPM's.
No torco or octanium and th ks look happy, -3 -2 all they way thru on a 1/4mile run, timing is 19-21usually and using octanium makes no difference in my testing, have tried it a couple of times and it didn't add timing, Once I believe I had bad fuel since the timing only got up to 16,added one bottle octanium to less then half a tank, drove around for a good while and tested and had same timing

Superman15

Shake n Bake
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
No torco or octanium and th ks look happy, -3 -2 all they way thru on a 1/4mile run, timing is 19-21usually and using octanium makes no difference in my testing, have tried it a couple of times and it didn't add timing, Once I believe I had bad fuel since the timing only got up to 16,added one bottle octanium to less then half a tank, drove around for a good while and tested and had same timing
Thats awesome you are steadily seeing negative knock. :cheers:

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
To know if you could have gotten more timing with Octanium requires actually looking at your tune and seeing where your tuner capped off your timing and timing adders. It is not unlimited, most calibrations cap the timing adders at 3-4 degrees.

For example, tune could start out with borderline spark of 16*, then be capped at a maximum of 19 or 20 per the tune, and in your case 93 is enough to run that max timing. Had your tune been tweaked, adding Octanium could have still not knocked on 22-23 degrees of timing.

Without knowing your max timing its impossible to judge if an octane booster worked.

If you are running a standard Whipple calibration, the spark adder is capped as follows:

4 degrees from 1,000 to 5,000 rpms
2 degrees from 5,000 to 7,000rpms

It will never be able to add more than that, knock or not. From your post on what negative timing you are seeing, sounds like you are riding right along your max timing adder amounts.

Sponsored
OP
OP
v8ter

v8ter

Typing...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG GT 2015 50TH
To know if you could have gotten more timing with Octanium requires actually looking at your tune and seeing where your tuner capped off your timing and timing adders. It is not unlimited, most calibrations cap the timing adders at 3-4 degrees.

For example, tune could start out with borderline spark of 16*, then be capped at a maximum of 19 or 20 per the tune, and in your case 93 is enough to run that max timing. Had your tune been tweaked, adding Octanium could have still not knocked on 22-23 degrees of timing.

Without knowing your max timing its impossible to judge if an octane booster worked.

If you are running a standard Whipple calibration, the spark adder is capped as follows:

4 degrees from 1,000 to 5,000 rpms
2 degrees from 5,000 to 7,000rpms

It will never be able to add more than that, knock or not. From your post on what negative timing you are seeing, sounds like you are riding right along your max timing adder amounts.
That makes sense, I have a Lund tune, Ill load up a new tune with more timing and see if it will add more timing with octanium and see what the ks show to compare at higher timing, but if I was seeing only 16 and added octanium it should have helped increase the timing right? That run was on whipple calibration though

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
I have only seen a handful of Lund tunes, but the few I have don't allow ANY timing advance based on no knock being detected. So same deal.

When you get on the more aggressive side of tuning that is usually the way they like to tune, so that the PCM is not constantly trying to add more timing and fry your pistons. Lund has a good sense of the timing it should need, lets it pull timing if it sees knock, but doesn't let it ADD timing if it doesn't see knock.
Sponsored