Sponsored

Hitting the dyno today at 10:00 AM - Guesses?

92 Couper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP - Competition Orange
Follow up post from my previous post before the install was done. Everything now installed, fully tuned by Dakota at Lund Racing and ready for the money shot. Just to refresh here is the mod list:

2016 GT Premium with Performance Pack. (M6, 3.73, Torsen, etc)
Team Beefcake Procharger stage 2 special
Procharger Stage II tuner kit
P1-X head unit with helical gear set
Pullied for 11+ PSI (4.63 pulley)
ID1050X Injectors
VMP Plug and Play BAP
Brisk spark plugs
UPR Procharger Catch Can set-up
Lund 93 Octane remote tune
Magnaflow Street Cat Back with X-Pipe
Reische 170 degree thermostat

Dyno is a Dynojet 224x at Evolved Tuning in Duluth GA. Will be data logging the pulls as well. I am hoping for 675/550 SAE.

Step right up and place your bets.
Sponsored

Chummel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
640/530 is my guess.

BigMikeVP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 s550 GTPP
Id say depending on temp and humidity, 630 give or take 20 HP. Dont go expecting a number, you will only disappoint yourself. Think of it as a means to improve.

BigMikeVP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 s550 GTPP
also keep in mind a lot of numbers that are given are on different dyno's, different calibrations, different climate and altitudes.

Sponsored

OP
OP

92 Couper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, I did end up disappointed. Turns out some of the worm clamps connecting the blower to the intercooler and back to the TB we not as tight as they should have been and were leaking boost. The car would hit around 6 psi by 4500 rpm and then the boost would hang there for awhile. Would creep up a little more by 7500 rpm but never saw more than about 8 psi. Car made 589/463 SAE corrected in this sorry state. Should be making a consistent 11 psi. The car did get to 11 psi when data logging in third, but not on the dyno in fifth.

Bumper comes off this evening and am replacing all the worm clamps with t-bolt clamps and making sure it is all good. More to follow.

Here is a link to the datalog:

http://datazap.me/u/92-couper/log-1500655905?log=0&data=3-10

Last edited:
OP
OP

92 Couper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Based on stock gauge or aftermarket mechanical?
Both. Tee'ed in a cheap mechanical gauge to validate what the Ecoboost gauge was doing. Saw the boost leak/creep on both.

Found the boost leak. Worm clamp on the first coupler out of the supercharger scroll was loose. Went through all the clamps and removed all/replaced some/reinstalled. Reoriented many of them to allow me better access to the clamp to check and retighten later if needed.

Crackerjack17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I only dyno'd mine to see curve and get baseline for changes. Will be Dyno-ing on same dyno after changes, etc. These numbers everyone posts are so variable depending on a lot of factors. On the mustang dyno(MD-1100-SE) I put mine on it put down 583/477. I thinks it's a tad conservative, but doesn't matter. I can pull on a stock hellcat so its up there.

Sponsored

ENPhoto

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ErikNymanPhotography.com
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt Premium Performance Pack
I wonder why Procharger, like almost all turbo and centifugal aftermarket suppliers, provide worm clamps with their kits.

I understand that most companies would refute my question by saying that "we run these clamps at this high of psi and this whp in our daily cars with no issues"....

I still don't know why. When you are paying the money for these kits, they should at least supply T-Bolt clamps (at minimum)...and good beading on IC piping.

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
I wonder why Procharger, like almost all turbo and centifugal aftermarket suppliers, provide worm clamps with their kits.

I understand that most companies would refute my question by saying that "we run these clamps at this high of psi and this whp in our daily cars with no issues"....

I still don't know why. When you are paying the money for these kits, they should at least supply T-Bolt clamps (at minimum)...and good beading on IC piping.
AMS disagrees.

https://www.amsperformance.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Worm_Gear_Clamp.pdf

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Paxton kits give you worm clamps as well!

r1lovin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt
Worm clamps work just fine when seated properly behind the beads.

Ponderthis

Boost Loading...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Seems like a lot of people tend to put down low numbers with procharger setups, Hell with no BAP or Colder Thermostat and just a base $5K Paxton kit I laid down 650whp on 12psi with no other mods.
Sponsored