Silencing Catless Exhaust

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Will these resonators clear the bottom of the car? I thought about doing these with mak deletes but it looks like there isn't much room between the cat deletes and the bottom of the car.
The resonators are going to be in basically the same spot as the cats go when you have headers, so there shouldnt be an issue.

m15hcat_1.jpg
Sponsored

TheHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Performance Pack
Post your results when you find out. I would really like to do the same.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
Post your results when you find out. I would really like to do the same.
Will do. :thumbsup:

I'm hoping it will quiet it significantly but the resonators are "straight through" with perforations on the side. So it wont restrict too much, but im not sure how much it will muffle the sound either. Lots of promising reviews on Amazon though.

I wanted to get the Vibrant "Ultra Quiet" resonator but the body was bigger and oval shaped, and I didn't think it would fit. If these resonators don't quiet it enough I will add two smaller resonators down on the bended pipe of the catback, like someone posted earlier in this thread. (picture removed due to photobucket)

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
Forgot about this thread. Since it's bumped up figured I'd post my setup.

Ended up changing things up to fit properly and make labor cheaper. Original design would have required more cutting and welding so the shop advised me to do this. Also since I ordered performance connect instead of factory connect it made things more complicated. They kept the cat delete pipes untouched and made me a custom H pipe with the two vibrant resonators attached, to incorporate it into my Stainlessworks catback.

To swap back to cats I just have to unbolt the delete pipes and H pipe and reinstall the cat pipes and original H pipe.

It's definitely still ridiculously loud, I wish it was a bit quieter. But the resonators definitely made it a bit more tame and less-raspy than without them.

Sponsored