Sponsored

Silencing Catless Exhaust

cmylxgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Magnetic Automatic
You can just buy the resonated X directly from Magnaflow and cut and weld in place. The CJPP piece is designed to fit for people that already put a resonator delete or want to add this to a stock setup. I put this on my car after installing Corsa exhaust. I'm catless and it was WAY TOO LOUD. This fit the bill. At first I was sad that it was so much quitter...but after a few weeks it broke in and is at the perfect volume levels for me.
Sponsored

zuki_dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premium M6 TY
You can just buy the resonated X directly from Magnaflow and cut and weld in place. The CJPP piece is designed to fit for people that already put a resonator delete or want to add this to a stock setup. I put this on my car after installing Corsa exhaust. I'm catless and it was WAY TOO LOUD. This fit the bill. At first I was sad that it was so much quitter...but after a few weeks it broke in and is at the perfect volume levels for me.
[MENTION=22947]cmylxgo[/MENTION] What magnaflow resonator did you use with your Corsa exhaust? I did not like the Tinny/Raspy sound of the corsa sport catback with my catless SP headers.

I am thinking about going back to catless and replace the cats with bullet resonators and possibly longer glass pack resonators between the double X's or a mid mounted muffler/resonator.

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
Doesn't that magnaflow muffler add a ton of drone back to the system? I don't care how loud my car is as long as I have no drone.

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
this solved all my catless problems, the rasp is cut down 1000% and its so much quieter
I just put one of these Magnaflow resonators on my catless setup and it sounds amazing. Nice, smooth tone. Perfect volume for me. Sounds stock below 3k rpm, nice deep growl above that. No drone at all. Wind noise at highway speeds while cruising is louder than exhaust.

Sponsored

Crackerjack17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Well, I decided to just put the factory exhaust back on for now. So I have the catless long tubes with factory connect pipes. It's so quiet! I can hear just a hint of rasp. It's definitely louder without the cats, but very, very quiet. Butt dyno says it's just as quick (spinning second as I pour into it) and the knock sensors seem happier. Not seeing any positive knock and I notice part throttle cruising it's adding 7 degrees of timing. I'll have to make a couple pulls and datalog. The only thing that will haunt me is that it's 3" to 2.25" to 2.5", when it was 3" all the way back. oh well. neighbors are happy.

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
Well, I decided to just put the factory exhaust back on for now. So I have the catless long tubes with factory connect pipes. It's so quiet! I can hear just a hint of rasp. It's definitely louder without the cats, but very, very quiet. Butt dyno says it's just as quick (spinning second as I pour into it) and the knock sensors seem happier. Not seeing any positive knock and I notice part throttle cruising it's adding 7 degrees of timing. I'll have to make a couple pulls and datalog. The only thing that will haunt me is that it's 3" to 2.25" to 2.5", when it was 3" all the way back. oh well. neighbors are happy.
can you make a video of how it sounds on the inside?

Crackerjack17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
can you make a video of how it sounds on the inside?
I can, but I don't think you will be able to hear it. Windows up, it's quiet.

Phoenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can, but I don't think you will be able to hear it. Windows up, it's quiet.
does it sound bad or just quiet? do you still have the factory resonator? X or H pipe?

i have a bassani catback currently and am going to go catless next weekend, debating taking the bassani off and throwing on the stockers and selling the bassani until i figure out what i want to do. the bassani is great for an N/A E85 car but its 2.5 all the way back and im worried its a restriction.

Crackerjack17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
does it sound bad or just quiet? do you still have the factory resonator? X or H pipe?

i have a bassani catback currently and am going to go catless next weekend, debating taking the bassani off and throwing on the stockers and selling the bassani until i figure out what i want to do. the bassani is great for an N/A E85 car but its 2.5 all the way back and im worried its a restriction.
It's sounds fine. Just like stock basically with maybe 10% more volume (total guess). If you listen close you can hear a touch of rasp under the car but it doesn't translate to the rear. I'll make a vid. There is a guy on here says he's running high 9's with stock catback. I don't want to get rid of my corsa catback, but with the catless long tubes, its just way too loud. I know, I know... I should just go ahead and get a joint facebook account with the wife. Lol. Maybe I need some electric dumps off the longtubes to wake the dead.

Sponsored

Phoenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
still using the factory resonator or did you put another pipe in?

RYAN97812

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 PP
I have factory exhaust on my catless long tube set up. Was quiet for some time now its slightly getting louder and has a little drone around 2500 and if its dogged in 4th its a nasty drone. Im sure itll be toast after using my wot box a few times

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Great info here!

I think my plan is to put in some MAK delete pipes, Magnaflow resonated X pipe, and then my stainlessworks from there back.

it should be quiet enough and hopefully not much rasp, I'll lose some of my awesome stainlessworks retro sound without their resonator, but I see no other way to lose my cats and not sound hideous. Lol

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
I figured I'd post this up on this thread.

I decided to do MAK deletes and get two Vibrant resonators welded into the delete pipes. This way I can hopefully quiet down some of the catless sound and rasp, but dont have to remove any part of my stainlessworks catback so I can keep the SW sound.

Will post some videos of it after it's in. Probably two weeks or so.

TheHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Performance Pack
Will these resonators clear the bottom of the car? I thought about doing these with mak deletes but it looks like there isn't much room between the cat deletes and the bottom of the car.

I figured I'd post this up on this thread.

I decided to do MAK deletes and get two Vibrant resonators welded into the delete pipes. This way I can hopefully quiet down some of the catless sound and rasp, but dont have to remove any part of my stainlessworks catback so I can keep the SW sound.

Will post some videos of it after it's in. Probably two weeks or so.
Sponsored