Inigo

P2P Engineering
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP GT 6spd
I've got a Paxton setup and run Pypes headers (catless) to a MBRP street exhaust. Its LOUD and way to burpy....it was great for a few months but I want the car quieter.

What should I have welded into the system to make bring the noise down without choking her?

Resonators (x2)?

Thoughts?

One more thing....The header to H pipe connection (ball flange) becomes loose after a few thousand miles. I've double nutted but it still manages to come loose. Has anyone just had an exhaust shop weld some flex pipe to the header and sleeve the rest to the catback?

Car runs great and sounds insane during WOT but the noise......my ears cry when I'm cruising on the hwy.
Sponsored

SAL08HO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Premium
Buy your self a Borla resonator from the touring cat back , or just get a touring Borla exhaust, you will thank me later ;)

Chummel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Corsa extreme will quieten it up

Sponsored

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
lol @ the advice on this one:cheers:

Crackerjack17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I'm in same boat. I have catless long tubes with corsa sport. Sounds insane but way too loud. So I put 4" resonators in where the cats would go and I'm waiting on 3" to 2.25" reducer to go to factory exhaust. I know I'm killing flow, but I'll see how it runs like that. If it sucks, I'll get a quieter 3" back setup. There is a guy on here says he's running 9's with factory catback, so shall see.

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
I'm in same boat. I have catless long tubes with corsa sport. Sounds insane but way too loud. So I put 4" resonators in where the cats would go and I'm waiting on 3" to 2.25" reducer to go to factory exhaust. I know I'm killing flow, but I'll see how it runs like that. If it sucks, I'll get a quieter 3" back setup. There is a guy on here says he's running 9's with factory catback, so shall see.
i absolutely loved that exhaust combo on my 16, guessing the blower kicked it up a notch too much?

Crackerjack17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
i absolutely loved that exhaust combo on my 16, guessing the blower kicked it up a notch too much?
Hahahhaha. I raced a guy from a 60 roll and he said his ears are still ringing. Wot under bridges is basically a commercial jet liner on takeoff. It sounds awesome though and I love it, but I can't drive it around like this. I'm a hooligan, but I can't be because you can hear me get on it from across town. I might have to go twin turbos as my resonators. :headbang:

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
The header to H pipe connection (ball flange) becomes loose after a few thousand miles. I've double nutted but it still manages to come loose. Has anyone just had an exhaust shop weld some flex pipe to the header and sleeve the rest to the catback?
Same setup as you. Where the headers use to bolt to the H-pipe I had a exhaust shop cut and weld in 11" of 3" pipe so its a straight pipe all way back. Never had the actual connection to the header come loose...and its been off a bunch (three clutches and three tranny's).. :)

I am to loud as well and am planning on putting these on ,,,probably cutting up the H pipe after the cross connection.
http://www.jegs.com/i/Dynomax/289/24250/10002/-1

Sponsored

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Here is mine after I "resonated" the heck out of it LOL .I have SW catless headless and

it was too loud . I do have cutouts just before the mufflers if I want loud again .

.I am thinking of replacing those mufflers .The outlaws might as well be straight
through so it is not that much quieter with cutouts closed.

Ilike the sound of the kooks axle back on my turbo car but it may sound different with coatless headers . I am also considering the BBK varitunes for even more adjustability.

You can do the varitunes axle back or just get the muffler which are cheap and add the tips(have many to choose from a bunch of mufflers lying about) .

Sounds much better

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)