Sponsored

New Whipple Massive Heat Exchanger w/ Fan Delete

BigMikeVP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 s550 GTPP
Whipple is a few weeks out on everything......

Except my replacement head unit! Overnighted that shit! Love these guys!
Sponsored

doodguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 1 Supercharged Mustang GT
Whipple is a few weeks out on everything......

Except my replacement head unit! Overnighted that shit! Love these guys!
Why replacement head unit?

BigMikeVP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 s550 GTPP
Why replacement head unit?
Bad what we think bearing noise after a couple dyno runs yesterday coming front unit. Didnt want to take any chances.

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
I ordered my Whipple kit on May 1 and it's not scheduled to ship until next week. I think they've devoted most of their resources to working the LT1 debacle.

BigMikeVP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 s550 GTPP
I ordered my Whipple kit on May 1 and it's not scheduled to ship until next week. I think they've devoted most of their resources to working the LT1 debacle.
Its not just the supercharger itself that takes the time to get. Its sourcing some of the components that make up the kit..

You ALSO need to order from the right people. Shops that do a ton of business are more catered to then others. I ordered my unit June 20th. They pump out a SHIT TON of inventory, you'd be amazed.

Sponsored

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
They've had growing pains with the new blower design. Took them a long time to release them and there have been quite a few stories of bearing issues and a couple torched engines.

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled
[MENTION=19179]BDMACH1[/MENTION] you owe us some dyno results with and without the ice in the tank. :cheers:

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
I will try and grab them today! Sorry, been busy trying to get this vibration I have figured out...

brandonalberd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic S550
Sorry if it's been answered here, but I was curious if any, what temp changes you guys using the bigger heat exchanger have seen? I'm on the dual fan upgrade as of now so just curious! Thanks!

Sponsored

SmokedSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Sorry if it's been answered here, but I was curious if any, what temp changes you guys using the bigger heat exchanger have seen? I'm on the dual fan upgrade as of now so just curious! Thanks!
Same here, would like to get this but why spend another $550 if the actual IAT-II numbers are NO better.

Like many I already have the dual fans. The larger one may be good but is it any better?

sonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
worth the investment ! i went to the track started with 110 iat and ended 155 and it would take a long time to recover. after i replaced it i started in 90 deg outside air at 105 and ended 140 iat. when i got back up to the staging lanes i was fully recovered back to 110 degs IATs .. huge improvement and no more loud noise from the fans

steviebee72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, FJG
I'm curious to see some feedback from street drivers.

Im seeing higher CHT (205 vs 195) and little higher IAT2 (125 vs 115) (these are about or average numbers, shit varies every day right) with the upgrade. in normal street driving (Fraking LA traffic right)

Went out to Salton Sea this weekend, 110F ambient and heatsoaked the F out of my car (running AC all the time). running 145 iat2 when it was 110F ambient. CHT 210 to 220. Thinking i might also had some bad gas, but hey the Whipple tune did what it was supposed to do (save my engine from blowing up, no CE lights, just low power on tap compared with normal (seriously detuned to like stock power levels. :( )

I see the benefit of the new intercooler on how long it takes to heat up, and on the highway going more than 70.

Thinking about:
A. Going back to dual fan HE ( :( didnt like the noise of them)
B. Opening up the Roush vents on the hood.
C. Removing the Coping at the back of the hood
D. Getting a new hood.. wooot wooot.

But anyways, the new HE is a great unit, not sure its right for me. Looking for others feedback.

edit.
Im running the Whipple airbox, that is enclosed, and sealed to the inlet with the velossa big mouth, and then covered with heat shield tape inside and out.
IATs get up to 10 deg above ambient inless on a highway (5 or less).

Yea, best case iat is 5 deg over ambient, and iat2 is 35 deg over ambient, but hey thats not realistic street traffic for where i am.

Last edited:

Sp33dyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 competition orange
here's my experience. i was just in las vegas for tuning.

in vegas where it was minimum 105-- made very good power from the dyno. during pulls with 2 small fans engine coolant temps were mid 170s in vegas 105 ambient temp. i'm a firm believer even tho no fans it does what it needs to do with minimal blockage to the cooling system. and i have a base GT aka small radiator

Last edited:

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
What the heck does this heat exchanger have anything to do with Iat's or cht's? If you don't have a way to monitor after intercooler air temps how do you know it is doing any better than the one with fans? I am baffled.
Sponsored