Sponsored

Soo thinking about getting a blower.. Procharger, Paxton, or Vortech?

OP
OP
RSKTAKR

RSKTAKR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
My goals are street car, manual trans, racing in mexico mainly from a dig and the occasional roll race even though I think they are stupid. I run a skinny/slick tire combo so traction isn't much of an issue, E85, currently have a cat delete but I'm not afraid to run LT's instead for the gain and better flow/sound. 700whp is what I'm after but if I could get close I would happy. I also would like most of the torque down low (which I know would be better to get a TVS) but I don't NEED that I guess.As of right now I am leaning towards a used complete Paxton 2200 kit because of the price and what all is included. I don't need any sound from a blower and honestly I don't want any sound at all other then a BOV maybe if I can help it (I like sleepers and the sounds of the Tial 50mm). I come across used Roush and other TVS stage 1 type blower kits in the $4k-$5k range but... I don't know, seems like heat is a bigger factor with those I think? I know that whatever I end up getting I will be installing and that I will want/need at least an 8-rib system.. seems like with Prochargers, people were having problems with belt slippage at 10psi. I like the torque booster that Procharger now offers to, but the price of that new P1X is going to push me away from that. The only way I think I will get a deal on a Procharger is if I find a steal on a used kit or maybe I can get a damn good price on a new kit, since I work with a guys wife that is one of the head salesman at Procharger, but I'm not holding my breath for that lol. I'm not hardcore shopping right now, just getting an idea of the options as I am suppose to be getting a settlement any day, and I will be buying whatever afterwards.
Sponsored

eze_s550GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Performance PAck
I too am trying to decide on a paxton or procharger. Anyone know the biggest difference and how big of a pain in the ass the head unit removal is on a paxton in case you have to remove it?

Slamdcoop0428

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium auto
I too am trying to decide on a paxton or procharger. Anyone know the biggest difference and how big of a pain in the ass the head unit removal is on a paxton in case you have to remove it?
TO remove just the head unit, its not that bad at all. Once you learn the angles for one of he bolts.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Couple bolt pretty easy actually and as far as the Paxton kit we have our new stage 2 blow off package which is just a killer buy gives you the smaller pulley and the giant Bov standard

Hit me up with any questions you have any of the kids really will treat you pretty good

eze_s550GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
As far as the paxton goes how much cutting doe it involve for the install? Trying to keep it as easy and clean as possible with one of these kits (paxton/procharger)

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
As far as the paxton goes how much cutting doe it involve for the install? Trying to keep it as easy and clean as possible with one of these kits (paxton/procharger)
the 15s don't require and bumper trimming like the 11-12 or fan cutting other than a small piece at the top

eze_s550GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
Got it. So just have to cut some of the plastic around the fan? I just want to keep it as clean as possible

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Got it. So just have to cut some of the plastic around the fan? I just want to keep it as clean as possible
just a little piece at the top

Car Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I have the complete Vortech V3 kit. It is fantastic and looks like Ford made it as an option. Get the blacked out unit!

eze_s550GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
I think if I went vortech over paxton I'd get the JT head unit
Sponsored