Sponsored

Rotten Egg Smell while driving, ruff idle and Check engine

Jlfierros

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Hello everyone,

I own a 2015 v6 auto mustang, after taking my car on a semi-long trip yesterday, i began to notice a strong rotten type egg smell coming into the cabin; while driving my mustang on sports mode. a couple miles into the trip the check engine light came on. Luckily i had my scan tool with me in the back seat and was able to scan it and monitor my car while driving. My car had 3 trouble codes, P1450 (2) & P0446. Upon reaching my destination i notice a very ruff idle. Took it in to the dealership this morning and they wont be able to get to it till tomorrow :frusty: . My car currently had 32,000 miles

Had anyone had this issue with their car ? can it be possible that my cat are going out ?

Any news or direction will help me to force the dealership to take care of the problem not remedy it. With me previous experiences with me local dealerships thats what they choose to do all the time

Thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jlfierros

Jlfierros

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Ok, here is an update on my car.

Just picked up my car from the dealer after dropping it off yesterday morning. Apparently the problem was caused by the Vapor canister purge valve that sits on top of the intake manifold on the 3.7l v6. For some odd reason it got stuck wide open.

After researching the part, I stumbled on a youtube video stating that the Ford design purge valve is common to failing. apparently the v6 mustang, has now acquired the same headaches as the f-150, fusion and the escape.

Hope this information helps other out there, its a shame that ford know about its faulty and unreliable in its vehicles and choose not to fix it.
Sponsored