Sponsored

Camaro SS 1LE and the GT350, Videos

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Nice video. Sales guy seemed pretty well informed. I thought that on the vette you could set the steering, suspension, exhaust, and other items individually, but maybe I'm mistaken on that. I would think that if you could do it on the vette, you would also be able to do that on the camaro.

What were your impressions of the car after driving it? Seems like a great car for under $50,000.

-T

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Nice video. Sales guy seemed pretty well informed. I thought that on the vette you could set the steering, suspension, exhaust, and other items individually, but maybe I'm mistaken on that. I would think that if you could do it on the vette, you would also be able to do that on the camaro.

What were your impressions of the car after driving it? Seems like a great car for under $50,000.

-T
I can confirm that you cannot set the driving aspects such as steering, suspension, exhaust, traction control, etc. independently in the Vettes. They are programmed specifically, which IMO is a big benefit that the 350's have. We can have the car in Normal mode for example with lots of traction control nannies, yet still have sport steering and sport exhaust.

rj45

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic Metallic
I have a '16 Z51. While the suspension setting is mode dependent (touring, sport or track), both steering and exhaust settings can be changed independently in all modes if desired. For example, I can set the steering to track while the car is in touring mode. So, all aspects of touring mode will be in effect (suspension, throttle, exhaust, ESC, etc.), but the steering will be in track (heavier, more stable feel). Or, if the car is in sport mode, I can set the exhaust to touring, track or stealth. '14 Stingrays have slightly different exhaust setting options, but are similar otherwise.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Man. The sound of the GT350 just sends chills down my back. I don't think there's a comparison really there but the SS 1LE is a nice package for the cost.

Sponsored

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Man. The sound of the GT350 just sends chills down my back. I don't think there's a comparison really there but the SS 1LE is a nice package for the cost.
That is precisely how most everyone reacts when they hear a GT350. I have had die hard GM fans at car shows ask if they could here the car and they all leave with shit eating grins on their faces.

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
I have a '16 Z51. While the suspension setting is mode dependent (touring, sport or track), both steering and exhaust settings can be changed independently in all modes if desired. For example, I can set the steering to track while the car is in touring mode. So, all aspects of touring mode will be in effect (suspension, throttle, exhaust, ESC, etc.), but the steering will be in track (heavier, more stable feel). Or, if the car is in sport mode, I can set the exhaust to touring, track or stealth. '14 Stingrays have slightly different exhaust setting options, but are similar otherwise.
Interesting, is this something that changed for 2016? We couldn't find how to change it in my fathers 15' Z51. Much better if it could be changed independently though, feel its one of the car's only pitfalls in regards to the driving modes.

OP
OP

flyboygsxr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
There is no way to change it in the Camaro SS 1LE. I was surprised by this. The only way to make the exhaust loud is to make the suspension and steering stiffer by going to sport or track mode.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
A big ass suit case muffler GM still has since the 80s.
Steel lower control arms.
Front mounted diff cooler.
Smaller non vented rotors.
Not enough modes.
Poor rear window visibility.
Ugly rear defuser.
Sounds like ever GM.
Same dumb SS SS1 SS2 SS 1le SS2 1le. How damn confusing.

The painted engine cover, color mateched interior, floor mats and gloss hood vents on matte hood sold me.
:lol:

rj45

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic Metallic
Interesting, is this something that changed for 2016? We couldn't find how to change it in my fathers 15' Z51. Much better if it could be changed independently though, feel its one of the car's only pitfalls in regards to the driving modes.
No, not changed for 2016. However, the 2014 exhaust settings only have Auto (which links to the main drive mode selected) or Off (loud in any mode). Here's how it's accessed: Settings -> Driving Mode -> Engine Sound Management -> select Auto or Off (2014) or Auto, Stealth, Touring, Sport or Track (2015 and up). There are similar adjustments for the steering.
Sponsored